Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just looking for a little support. Was sleeved on 4/27. Woke up in agony from the gas pains. Woke up on the 28th with pain and nausea and was told I needed to stay another night. Now they told me I have to drink three glasses of crystal light before they would discharge me. My pain is mediocre but I'm concerned that when I swallow, I have pain in the center of my chest. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and what helped. My dr says it is normal and I need to take bigger sips and that gravity will do its job and it will get easier. Just patiently waiting to feel better and start my new life

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Sounds like you may have a bubble of gas in your chest...

It'll work itself out...

But it might be painful/irritating for a while...

The waiting sux...

But let's face it...

You've got a lot more 'life' in front of you now than you did three days ago...

Don't rush things...

You'll get there...

Take care...

I had the pain in the center of my chest with every sip as well. It was my esophagus constricting. It lasted about two weeks until the swelling went down. Just hang in there. The first few days are ROUGH, but it's all only temporary.

I had the pain in the center of my chest with every sip as well. It was my esophagus constricting. It lasted about two weeks until the swelling went down. Just hang in there. The first few days are ROUGH, but it's all only temporary.

Ugh thanks. It's awful. And they are pushing fluids pretty hard :(

@@beggingtobehealthy - are you walking around the hospital? Don't lie flat either stay somewhat elevated to help the air bubble come out.

Can you get something for the gas at the hospital?

Hang in there...it will pass....

{{{{big hug}}}} ;)

Just looking for a little support. Was sleeved on 4/27. Woke up in agony from the gas pains. Woke up on the 28th with pain and nausea and was told I needed to stay another night. Now they told me I have to drink three glasses of crystal light before they would discharge me. My pain is mediocre but I'm concerned that when I swallow, I have pain in the center of my chest. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and what helped. My dr says it is normal and I need to take bigger sips and that gravity will do its job and it will get easier. Just patiently waiting to feel better and start my new life

Omg you sound just like me and I was sleeved the same day they let me.go home the next night but last night was miserable I was so sore and gassy and achey and nauseous I'm just like when will this all go away and I'm trying to get my 64oz of liquids in but my chest hurts so bad when I swallow !

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Chaelove0810

@@beggingtobehealthy - are you walking around the hospital? Don't lie flat either stay somewhat elevated to help the air bubble come out.

Can you get something for the gas at the hospital?

Hang in there...it will pass....

{{{{big hug}}}} ;)

I've been walking as much as they will allow but have said they want the gas to go naturally

Omg you sound just like me and I was sleeved the same day they let me.go home the next night but last night was miserable I was so sore and gassy and achey and nauseous I'm just like when will this all go away and I'm trying to get my 64oz of liquids in but my chest hurts so bad when I swallow !

Same. Getting in 64 oz is SOOOO hard. I just took a couple sips of broth (still in hospital) and I am full and achey

Same. Getting in 64 oz is SOOOO hard. I just took a couple sips of broth (still in hospital) and I am full and achey

I'm at home I'm trying to get ahold of the drs office but I can't I'm just miserable I wanna cry so bad

I'm at home I'm trying to get ahold of the drs office but I can't I'm just miserable I wanna cry so bad

Oh I'm sorry :( see now I'm glad they kept me. I feel way better than I did yesterday. Actually I've been due for pain meds for a few hours but don't feel much pain other than gas

I spent two nights in the hospital, discharged afternoon of my third day. The gas pain was there first two days. My biggest source of pain was my big incision, that stayed around for a few weeks.

I had my sleeve 4/25 and was pretty miserable the first few days. Yes, I had a heavy feeling in the middle of my chest when I tried to drink or eat but that seems to be better. I stayed an extra night in the hospital due to bad nausea and vomiting and I'm glad I did. I've been home since yesterday afternoon. It is still very hard to get all the requirements in and my innards gurgle a lot when I eat but I feel a lot better, pain and nausea under very good control. I'm hoping next week is even better. I found if I moved around a bit/rocked back and forth the heavy feeling in my chest kind of got better. Hope you are feeling better soon!