Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

My surgery is scheduled for the 16th of May. Anyone with a surgery date close to that want to go though this together and support each other? I'm located in Florida.

Kathy

I am also May 16th. I start my liquid diet May 1st and that is what I am most nervous about! I have been trolling on all the threads here so I feel better about it but I still can't wrap my head around that in 2 weeks I will there! I am in Texas. :)

I just got scheduled this morning for Monday, 5/16/16 and I am ecstatic! I had to do the 6+ months of nutrition, psych and other classes for insurance requirements, and it's finally here! I'm to start liquids this Monday 5/2, get labs done and pre-op visit on 5/11, then surgery 5/16. Happy Happy Happy! :)

@@vongphillips and @@Maggie Journey.... yay! Three of us so far! I start my pre-op diet on Monday the 2nd.....my diet is one Protein drink and two small very low carb meals per day.....yay! I get real food! I can also have another Protein Drink or sugar free Popsicle or sugar free Jello if I need something else.

I have my pre-op vistit with my surgeon on Tuesday the third when I get all my pain med and other med scrips.....then after I meet with him I am supposed to go over to the hospital for whatever they need.....I'm really not sure what this one will be for, I've already had a chest x-ray and that sort of stuff, but we shall see!!!

@@kmorri, thank you for starting this thread. Real food, you are so lucky! I've got the 100% liquid diet for 2 weeks. 4 Protein shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello, things like that.

I'm going to use Premier Protein Shakes. Most stores around here charge $8.99 for a 4-pack. I just found a great deal for these on Walmart.com including free shipping and very fast delivery. I'll have it this Tuesday the 10th! Only $7.62. I ordered enough for 30 days' supply of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I've been eating very well for months, Paleo with high quality Proteins and all sorts of fresh produce. My fridge is full right now. On Sunday evening I'll take the rest of the produce, zap it all in the Ninja to make green smoothies out of it, then freeze into cubes. I figure I can start using these during the puree post-op phase.

What is everyone else doing this weekend to get ready? :)

.....then after I meet with him I am supposed to go over to the hospital for whatever they need.....I'm really not sure what this one will be for, I've already had a chest x-ray and that sort of stuff, but we shall see!!!

They told me it's for lab work. I'm used to getting fasting blood work regularly, and asked the scheduler if I needed to fast that morning. She found out no, they didn't need me to do that for this one.

I've already had chest x-ray, too. Also EKG, stress test, etc.

@@kmorri, thank you for starting this thread. Real food, you are so lucky! I've got the 100% liquid diet for 2 weeks. 4 Protein shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello, things like that.

I'm going to use Premier Protein shakes. Most stores around here charge $8.99 for a 4-pack. I just found a great deal for these on Walmart.com including free shipping and very fast delivery. I'll have it this Tuesday the 10th! Only $7.62. I ordered enough for 30 days' supply of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I've been eating very well for months, Paleo with high quality Proteins and all sorts of fresh produce. My fridge is full right now. On Sunday evening I'll take the rest of the produce, zap it all in the Ninja to make green smoothies out of it, then freeze into cubes. I figure I can start using these during the puree post-op phase.

What is everyone else doing this weekend to get ready? :)

This is so exciting!!! It means so much to have others going through the same emotions and ups and downs as me at the same time....@@Maggie Journey it's weird how different plans can be so different....for example my plan says I can't use any Protein drinks that have "protein concentrate" or has hydrolyzsed Gelatin, or collagen Protein anywhere in the ingredients.......so I can't have the Premier.....I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder so that's the kind I'll be using.

As far as what I'm doing this weekend to get ready.......I'm pretty much ready so I've been making spreadsheets...haha yes, I'm one of those!!! But I'm making spreadsheets so I can track my weight and measurements.

Edited by kmorri

.....then after I meet with him I am supposed to go over to the hospital for whatever they need.....I'm really not sure what this one will be for, I've already had a chest x-ray and that sort of stuff, but we shall see!!!

They told me it's for lab work. I'm used to getting fasting blood work regularly, and asked the scheduler if I needed to fast that morning. She found out no, they didn't need me to do that for this one.

I've already had chest x-ray, too. Also EKG, stress test, etc.

In addition to the pain meds I think I'm going to ask for a couple of valium that I can take the night and morning before surgery.....never hurts to ask!! :blink:

I have done all the steps too. My last appointment was yesterday for the blood work and final surgery ready testing. (EKG and chest x-rays)

I am also on a full liquid diet with 4 Protein  shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello. I am not a huge sweets lover so this next 2 weeks are going to be interesting. I got myself off of artificial sweetener last year so the taste of the shakes is going to take some getting used to again. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

I have done all the steps too. My last appointment was yesterday for the blood work and final surgery ready testing. (EKG and chest x-rays)

I am also on a full liquid diet with 4 Protein  shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello. I am not a huge sweets lover so this next 2 weeks are going to be interesting. I got myself off of artificial sweetener last year so the taste of the shakes is going to take some getting used to again. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Good luck!!! The unjury brand has a chicken broth flavored Protein powder in case to get too tired of the sweet!!

This is so exciting!!! It means so much to have others going through the same emotions and ups and downs as me at the same time....@@Maggie Journey it's weird how different plans can be so different....for example my plan says I can't use any Protein drinks that have "protein concentrate" or has hydrolyzsed Gelatin, or collagen Protein anywhere in the ingredients.......so I can't have the Premier.....I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder so that's the kind I'll be using.

As far as what I'm doing this weekend to get ready.......I'm pretty much ready so I've been making spreadsheets...haha yes, I'm one of those!!! But I'm making spreadsheets so I can track my weight and measurements.

Yes, it's funny how different doctors have very different requirements about the diet!

Spreadsheets & tracking... I love it! I have that kind of personality, too. I recently got a Fitbit Blaze and I track everything on my Fitbit app and the site. I track all my food/macros and exercise, steps walked, stairs climbed, etc. Also tracking my weight. I've only had it for a week, but I'm loving it! Gives me total sleep, sleep patterns and quality of sleep reports, too. We are all going to rock this!

Edited by Maggie Journey

This is so exciting!!! It means so much to have others going through the same emotions and ups and downs as me at the same time....@@Maggie Journey it's weird how different plans can be so different....for example my plan says I can't use any Protein drinks that have "protein concentrate" or has hydrolyzsed Gelatin, or collagen Protein anywhere in the ingredients.......so I can't have the Premier.....I ordered unjury powder so that's the kind I'll be using.

Yes, it's funny how different doctors have very different requirements about the diet!

Spreadsheets & tracking... I love it! I have that kind of personality, too. I recently got a Fitbit Blaze and I track everything on my Fitbit app and the site. I track all my food/macros and exercise, steps walked, stairs climbed, etc. Also tracking my weight. I've only had it for a week, but I'm loving it! Gives me total sleep, sleep patterns and quality of sleep reports, too. We are all going to rock this!

This is so exciting!!! It means so much to have others going through the same emotions and ups and downs as me at the same time....@@Maggie Journey it's weird how different plans can be so different....for example my plan says I can't use any Protein Drinks that have "protein concentrate" or has hydrolyzsed Gelatin, or collagen protein anywhere in the ingredients.......so I can't have the Premier.....I ordered Unjury powder so that's the kind I'll be using.

ohhhhh Fitbit Blaze.......... maybe I need to tell my daughters I know what the perfect Mother's day gift will be for me... :D

Edited by kmorri

@vonphillips, we're on the same diet! I'm not looking forward to this, either. Like you, I also don't do artificial sweeteners at all. Blech

Hey, I'm a 16er too! I'm in Morgantown WV, having surgery at WVU Hospital. My insurance required 6 months of a supervised diet (monthly classes, my last of which is this Monday!) as well as some health clearances. I'll be on my preop diet for a week, pretty sure it's strictly liquid but not certain. Oh, and the sleeve is my surgery of choice :) So glad to have us all here together!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@ Welcome to the group!!!