Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Ughh* LOST MORE WEIGHT ON PRE-OP THAN POST OP !

I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow.

I have found that I lost more weight during my 2 week Pre-Op Diet, than I have in the 4 weeks since my Surgery.

2 weeks Pre Op = 20 lbs

4 weeks Post Op = 10 lbs ( and fluctuating up and down a lb )

I'm doing everything right -getting tons of Protein (70-100 per day ) in the form of canned pureed chicken/tuna and Protein shakes, my calories rarely go over 800...Limiting carbs ( the only carbs I get are from Fat Free Milk and some in my Fat Free pudding ) Not eating fruit yet , haven't started eating salads and veggies again yet... Just not losing weight the way I expected to. I feel hungry all the time, even though I get enough Protein. I keep reading about how people can only eat 2 TBSP of a food and they are stuffed. Is anyone else experiencing this also at 4 weeks out ?

It's pretty common for weight loss to stall out around 3 weeks post-op. Do a search on these forums for "Week 3 Stall"... I'd say a good 90% of us go through it. Your body just needs a minute to figure out what the heck is going on. Between the pre-op diet, the surgery itself, and the post-op diet, it's been through a LOT of stress and changes over the last several weeks. Just give it a second. It sounds like you are doing everything right. So just keep doing what you are doing, focus on forming new healthy habits, meeting your Water and Protein goals, taking your Vitamins, moving as much as possible and put the scale away for a couple of weeks.

What Jamie said.

As frustrating as it can be, just keep calm and trust the process.

I would be willing to bet that a good amount of the 20lbs you lost pre-op was Water weight. Most obese people (myself included) lose big the first week or two. Give your body a break. It just went through major surgery. It's still in shock. Search for the 3 weeks stall. Do yourself a favor and stay off the scale. I did so I didn't drive myself crazy. The only time I got on the scale the first 2 months was at post-op appointments. Trust in yourself and the weight will come off.

It's not magic you know. You don't miraculously wake up 2 weeks after surgery and lose 100lbs.

You said you are hungry - are you taking an acid reducer? Sometimes the stomach acid mimics hunger. It could also be "head hunger" so watch out for that.

I wish you luck. Keep doing what your doing and I"m sure you will do well. I was never one of those sleevers who was "full on 2 oz" of food. I can usually eat up to 6 oz with no problems. If it's a really dense Protein then I am satisfied with less. I have to remind myself to EAT SLOWER, it really does make a difference.

Thank you ALL !

I agree I just need to step AWAY from the scale.

It was exciting the first few weeks, I got on the scale everyday and I was losing a lb a day... The scale was my best friend.... now it is just stressing me out. Good luck to all of you !

Thank you ALL !

I agree I just need to step AWAY from the scale.

It was exciting the first few weeks, I got on the scale everyday and I was losing a lb a day... The scale was my best friend.... now it is just stressing me out. Good luck to all of you !

Good girl. Step away and just continue to do your thang! Also realize your losses will slow down a little, too. You're not doing anything wrong, it is what it is :) Trust the process!

We have the same goal weight ...Looks like you're doing great ! I was just wondering... when I go from eating pureed chicken to eating actual cubes of chicken, will the same amount fill me up more?

Maybe it's because I am eating soft chicken the consistency of thick pate and haven't moved on yet to actual pieces. I bet eating actual meat pieces will fill me up better. ( meat pieces, lol, that sounds gross )

We have the same goal weight ...Looks like you're doing great ! I was just wondering... when I go from eating pureed chicken to eating actual cubes of chicken, will the same amount fill me up more?

Maybe it's because I am eating soft chicken the consistency of thick pate and haven't moved on yet to actual pieces. I bet eating actual meat pieces will fill me up better. ( meat pieces, lol, that sounds gross )

Yeah, it depends on the Protein and the denseness. So the way it's cut could be a factor, also.

At 20 months out, it STILL depends on what type of Protein it is or even what time of day it is on how quickly or not I get full. It's actually kind of a weird phenomenon.

And take measurements!

Some weeks the scale doesn't move at all for me, but every Sunday I take measurements and that's where I see the difference!

Definitely the more "liquid" something is, the less it will fill you up. That's why my nutritionist didn't want me eating Soups or other liquid-based foods once I was on to solids. Like @@Babbs I am 20 months post-op and I definitely still notice a big difference in fullness depending on the type of meat and how it's prepared. Grilled chicken breast? 3 oz. and I am done! Pulled chicken in BBQ Sauce, I can manage more like 5 oz.

Hello Watch.Me.Lose.It.,

I'm experiencing the same thing as you. I'm four weeks tomorrow post op tomorrow too. My time pre-op and first couple of weeks were so sweet watching the scale fall day by day. Now I'm stalled. I'm learning to "trust the process" but it's hard to do when I'm weighing daily. I've decided to stop doing that for a few days.

I'm encouraged though by reading old posts where members were in the same position as we are in the beginning but then when you look at their signature you can see that they went on to steadily lose. I know that will happen for us to if we stick to the plan.

I'm encouraged though by reading old posts where members were in the same position as we are in the beginning but then when you look at their signature you can see that they went on to steadily lose. I know that will happen for us to if we stick to the plan.

It's so true! I was a "slow loser". I "only" lost 14 pounds my first month and "only" 8 pounds my second month and got to where I was "only" losing 2 pounds a month. You know where all those only's got me? Below goal! Where I've happily been maintaining the past 8 months!

I'm tripling down on @@Babbs 's and @@JamieLogical 's comments. I was sleeved 20.5 months ago. I've lost 100 pounds altogether (pre and post) and have been maintaining for months now at 135 pounds.

I averaged 10 pounds lost for the first four months post-op. Then it slowed down. The last 15 pounds took 9 months to lose.

Who the hell cares how long it took! Not me.

What I care about is the part bolded above about "maintaining for months now at 135 pounds."

Isn't that what you really care about? ;)

Use this time to learn more about nutrition and eat not just to lose weight but to become healthier and learn how you can nourish yourself and care well for yourself for the rest of your life. Because getting and staying healthy is what will truly satisfy your appetite, your body, and your soul.

Very best wishes to you. :)

@@tobysgirl

Holy cow you can go back and find me complaining about losing too slowly and stalling constantly! I finally decided to just worry about what I could control and not what I couldn't and moved on with my life and guess what? I got to goal! And now I'm maintaining about 10 pounds below it for like 9 months! We are all so darn impatient with the process and cause so much undo stress on ourselves, it tends to de motivate and sabotage us. If we just learn to chill and work our programs, we realize that we will get there. And then the hard part starts.....

I'm 4 weeks today I so lost more on the post Opp diet I feel hungry at times I do t think about food like I useto however I can eat a small can of tuna about 6 tablespoons of baked Beans a entire egg so more than I was lead to believe I would be able to eat post Opp someone posted this weight loss graph I found it helpful to keep things in perspective

post-287732-14618940825722_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone