Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So this Friday 4/29/2016 is my last appointment of my 90day multi disciplinary diet required for insurance. I have lost ten lbs. since I started on 1/29/16. Which is great right?...not Since I don't have any comorbidities and based on the height they have on file for me(5'0, but im 4'11, i guess i had big hair the first appointment) that put my bmi at 41.99. So of course I freaked out. I am and expert at gaining weight(clearly), and I'm ok with loosing a few lbs., but having to maintain without going over from stress eating has been driving me bat crap crazy. So now with a few days away , I am literally scared to eat. been on a liquid diet since Sunday night( not by doctors orders,). I have already checked with Aetna and they are very clear that not one single pound can be gained during this period. scales are not my friend, each one I try is anywhere from 2-5lbs different from the one before it. Has anyone got down to the wire and started freaking out? I'm an over thinker so maybe this is just the rambling of a person who hasn't ate in a few days. Anyone going through the process now that can offer any advice or share your story, that would be great !!! Thanks in advance !!!

well after months of lurking i finally reach out for some advice/feedback and get nothing.....

Give it some time my dear or maybe post to insurance questions. Lots of us were self pay so we don't know how to answer your questions. Wish I could be more help.

But one thing I can help with is to weigh yourself on the same day at the same time of day wearing the same clothes and pee first.

Thanks I'm hungry and frustrated, impatience is surely a side effect

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I can relate to you in that I had a 90 day weight management program required for insurance. Whenever I went to the doctors office I wore the same t-shirt and yoga pants (lightweight clothing.). I never deviated from that outfit. The people in the office probably think I have no other clothes. . I had to maintain my weight; I could lose but could not gain! It can be nerve racking and cause you to obsess over the scale. I even recall moving the scale to different areas to see if it would read differently. It did'nt. Like you I found the scales to be off by one or two pounds. What helped me was to schedule morning appointments when I would have to weigh in, weigh myself before going to doctors office and when they weighed me I could estimate how much the home scale was off. As I moved away from food being my comfort source I turned to group exercise which is great for comraderie. I usually stand in the back more so due to having two left feet, ( no coordination.).

There was a point when I got close to the last weigh in and stressed ( consumed quite a bit of cheesecake.). After that I just watched what I ate. I can't say that I freaked out right before the last weigh in I more so got anxiety when my paperwork was submitted to insurance for approval. I think most people have experienced some kind of stress at this time. I think everyone on this journey going through the process experience some stress related anxiety at some point up until approval and the surgery date.

I don't know if anything I said had helped, but congratulations on how far you have come on your journey and good luck.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you it did help, being an over thinker is my worst enemy right now. That plus I have control issues so the whole process bugs me cause ultimitely I am not in control of the insurance outcome

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just continue working on you that you have control of. Keep in mind there are many others who have gone through what you are experiencing. You are not by yourself in your journey and I have found lots of good information on this site.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You are definitely not alone. I went through the same struggle. I was told not to lose more than 3 lbs or I would not qualify. In doing so I also gained about 5 lbs. For my last weigh in I was freaking out. I wore the lightest thing I could possibly find in my closet and I took a diuretic the day before and day of the weigh-in. I had a net gain of 1.6 lbs over the 90 days. URGH! Stressed so badly, thought of writing a letter explaining that my first weigh in was just after a stomach flu and my last weigh in was during my monthly cycle. I mean seriously, we fluctuate from day to day, there really should be a plus/minus 5 lbs clause. Anyway, it all worked out and I got approved. I'm sure you'll be fine, I'll be sending positive thoughts.

that's good to hear , what insurance do you have, and when is your surgery date ?

This may sound quite horrible...there were days where I was just under what I needed to be for weigh-in....let me go back a bit. My insurance requires 6 months of weigh ins that reflect in my case a BMI of 40+ I was pretty stuck 39.99 (yes I'm serious) so their (Dr's office) advice drink a few cups of Water before I got weighed. Have a huge Breakfast next visit. I say all that to say my surgeons office really worked with me because they knew the requirements. So I don't get why you're having to torture yourself at this point. Why aren't they helping a bit more I guess

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

@@CrissyCakes I was told not to stress that scale at my last weigh in at bmi 41.99. they are not concerned because as far as they know I have been compliant and always show a loss at each visit. What they don't see is I stress eat after each visit, and then spend at least a week prior to each visit almost starving myself because I know how particular Aetna is. I do work out at least 5 days a week, but still make a few bad choices here and there. I wish they were able to fix my brain.

@@CrissyCakes I was told not to stress that scale at my last weigh in at bmi 41.99. they are not concerned because as far as they know I have been compliant and always show a loss at each visit. What they don't see is I stress eat after each visit, and then spend at least a week prior to each visit almost starving myself because I know how particular Aetna is. I do work out at least 5 days a week, but still make a few bad choices here and there. I wish they were able to fix my brain.

not sure why that posted twice

@@Elle09 congrats!!! tomorrow is the big day

Don't stress!! It will all work out. It can be tough, but before you know it you'll be waking up from surgery.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App