Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First time seeing scars

Finally got to take a shower tonight and saw my scars and swelling for the first time. Wow is all I can say. I know the swelling will go down and the scars will fade, after all I'm only 72 hours out of surgery, but man oh man. I feel like Frankenstein! Not a pretty sight at all!

it will be worth it! what did you have done?

did the shower feel lovely or were you anxious?

It will get so much better, but I know how scary they can look. It will take a couple of months for all the swelling to go down completely and it took a good two years for my scars to fade to the point where they are now (I'm 5 years out). But it's so worth it!

it will be worth it! what did you have done?

did the shower feel lovely or were you anxious?

Yea, I know it will be worth it, just not pretty in the beginning. I had a breast lift and a brachioplasty done Thursday. Yea the shower felt wonderful, but I was exhausted afterward! Lol.

It will get so much better, but I know how scary they can look. It will take a couple of months for all the swelling to go down completely and it took a good two years for my scars to fade to the point where they are now (I'm 5 years out). But it's so worth it!

Thanks. The scares aren't really that bad on my arms, but my boobs looks so bad and I kept apologizing to my husband for the way they looked lol. Yeah I have lots of swelling and bruising, but I know I'm the end all of it will be a distant memory and will all be worth it!!

It absolutely gets better! Here's me 2 1/2 years ago. It did last a few months, and I wore compression for six months to obtain the best result.

5 Wks post (2)

5 days post Op (3)

5 days post Op (2)

All gone now, and the scar is so low that it's never an issue. Best of luck on your recovery.

It absolutely gets better! Here's me 2 1/2 years ago. It did last a few months, and I wore compression for six months to obtain the best result.

All gone now, and the scar is so low that it's never an issue. Best of luck on your recovery.

Thanks! I had hubby takes pics of my boobs and arms which is the only surgery at the time. I'm trying to get up the nerve to post. I keep apologizing to him that my boobs look ugly and I want them to look pretty for him, etc etc. He says its alright and I know he is right, but he is a boob guy and I feel he is disappointed even though I know he isn't because he knew what they would look like during the healing process as did it.

Its been over 2 years and I have NO visible scars on my breasts. In fact, I had to have an implant replaced in January and even that scar is nearly invisible already! ( I didn't need the big incision on my breasts). My arms which I was so frightened of the scars are also amazing. You can see the, but nobody notices unless I point them out in decent light. I wear sleeveless clothes alot and have never felt conscious of those scars after the initial 6 months or so.

Advice - keep your scars out of the sun for 1-2 years!

Frankenscar will leave swiftly and you will see the wondrous new you :-)

And yes - keep the scars out of the sun for at least a year (As said above) Veeery important that one

Thank you! I know that they will fade and I knew going into it what to expect (I watched surgery videos and looked at pictures), but until you see it on yourself, it doesn't seem real. Lol. My dr said for best results keep the scars out of the sun for 2 years which I plan on doing, but I can't wait to wear sleeveless or short sleeves which I haven't in years because of my wings. And my surgery was only Thursday, so I have just begun to heal and I Know it will get better. I just want it to be better overnight. Lol. Thanks for sharing ladies!!