Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I had my brachioplasty and breast lift yesterday. We got home about 9 or so last night. It went good and I have absolutely no regrets, but I am so very sore. Not really any pain, but just sore. If that makes sense. Have to keep compression garments on for 72 hours and then I can take off and take a bath.

@@kealot

glad to hear your surgery went well.

going to share some pics later when you are able?

I am about the same height and BMI - would like to see your results :D

Happy it went well. Don't share pics until you are healed up in a couple months. You will scare everyone off of surgery! :P

That is great that you don't have much pain.....happy healing!

I think it would be a good thing to show people - If you do not show them the straight after pictures - Esp of the Brachioplasty - They will go through those 4 days of being *&^*% scared like I was! LOLOL

My Op1 was Brachioplasty and Breast Reduction.......

I saw the scar on Day4 post op and it looked like the edge of a quilt stitching - FREAKED me out totally!

All wrapped up again and refused to look for another few days or so! - By then it was just a straight line and I was soooooooooooooooooooo relieved.

As I am here - I will give you a trick I did not know on my brachioplasty - KEEP that paper tape on for 10-12 weeks! Had I known this my first 3 ops scars would be like my last 3 ops scares and would have healed alot finer, and better. As the tape supports the scar n that important meshing back together time, and stops the scar from being pulled and stretching etc. My last three Ops I kept the tape and the compression garments on (Mr armor) on for 12 weeks and I am glad I did - Even though it was a pain in the butt - It is a very short time in your life and afterwards you will not regret the fact that you did it - As the new you is gonna be there for many many years so you want your scars to heal the best they can :-)

I am so glad you are doing well.... Look after yourself....

And don't let yourself over-do it after a few days when you feel fine (Like I did also - LOL)

I think it would be a good thing to show people - If you do not show them the straight after pictures - Esp of the Brachioplasty - They will go through those 4 days of being *&^*% scared like I was! LOLOL

My Op1 was Brachioplasty and Breast Reduction.......

I saw the scar on Day4 post op and it looked like the edge of a quilt stitching - FREAKED me out totally!

All wrapped up again and refused to look for another few days or so! - By then it was just a straight line and I was soooooooooooooooooooo relieved.

As I am here - I will give you a trick I did not know on my brachioplasty - KEEP that paper tape on for 10-12 weeks! Had I known this my first 3 ops scars would be like my last 3 ops scares and would have healed alot finer, and better. As the tape supports the scar n that important meshing back together time, and stops the scar from being pulled and stretching etc. My last three Ops I kept the tape and the compression garments on (Mr armor) on for 12 weeks and I am glad I did - Even though it was a pain in the butt - It is a very short time in your life and afterwards you will not regret the fact that you did it - As the new you is gonna be there for many many years so you want your scars to heal the best they can :-)

I am so glad you are doing well.... Look after yourself....

And don't let yourself over-do it after a few days when you feel fine (Like I did also - LOL)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Can you tell me what tape you use and where you get it from ? Also how Long does it stay on before you change it, is it a daily change ?

I used this tape - And the Hospital gave it to me, but I also bought the same stuff that came in a whitish color that came from the Drug store...

http://www.medisave.co.uk/3m-micropore-skin-tone-surgical-tape-1-25cm-x-9-14m-x-24.html?gclid=CKaw_NX1pswCFbgy0wodfxMPEQ

I did not change it daily (Unless it fell of lol) In some areas it was harder to keep stuck on (The compression garments helped and also another bit of it to secure cross-ways always helped) I changed it when it looked like it was not holding as well, maybe every third day (I forget it's been a long time)

When it went in a circle round my waist it held really well but looked grubbyish from clothing after maybe two -three days on top (The underside was always clean) On the inner/outer thigh it was harder to keep it stuck as nothing held the ends on tightly sometimes.

But one thing - ALWAYS remove it before you shower - As if it gets wet - It is a painnn to get it to let go. I once got one bit wet - And it was really sticky and annoying to get off.

Sticking it down the arms was easy (Tho my daughter now is adept at dressings changes - As I had her help and when this started she was 7yrs old then - But she was so helpful - Especially in doing up the compression garments, lol

I justremember with the arms - The first time I saw the scar I was horrified. The second time it looked so very different and it was only a few days later - So - If you see your scar for the first time - And freak - Take heart - The scar changes very fast and then becomes a line that is much less scary to look at :-)

Thanks for all the helpful information. I will definitely be getting some tape. I am so surprised that I have no pain. I'm just sore and uncomfortable. I finally get to take a shower tonight and I am so excited about it too. I'm ready to feel fresh, clean hair and I'm also excited to see my arms and boobs! I know I will probably freak out about the scars but my dr explained that they heal very nicely so to not worry. I'm loving feeling my boobs, because they are so firm and I love that!!!!

I used this tape - And the Hospital gave it to me, but I also bought the same stuff that came in a whitish color that came from the Drug store...

http://www.medisave.co.uk/3m-micropore-skin-tone-surgical-tape-1-25cm-x-9-14m-x-24.html?gclid=CKaw_NX1pswCFbgy0wodfxMPEQ

I did not change it daily (Unless it fell of lol) In some areas it was harder to keep stuck on (The compression garments helped and also another bit of it to secure cross-ways always helped) I changed it when it looked like it was not holding as well, maybe every third day (I forget it's been a long time)

When it went in a circle round my waist it held really well but looked grubbyish from clothing after maybe two -three days on top (The underside was always clean) On the inner/outer thigh it was harder to keep it stuck as nothing held the ends on tightly sometimes.

But one thing - ALWAYS remove it before you shower - As if it gets wet - It is a painnn to get it to let go. I once got one bit wet - And it was really sticky and annoying to get off.

Sticking it down the arms was easy (Tho my daughter now is adept at dressings changes - As I had her help and when this started she was 7yrs old then - But she was so helpful - Especially in doing up the compression garments, lol

I justremember with the arms - The first time I saw the scar I was horrified. The second time it looked so very different and it was only a few days later - So - If you see your scar for the first time - And freak - Take heart - The scar changes very fast and then becomes a line that is much less scary to look at :-)

Ok 1 more question when removing the tape doesn't it pull on the scar which could cause problems ?

No it doesn't pull in the main (It does a bit if it gets wet tho)

You can support the scar by pulling the tape off reaaaaaaaaaaal slowly but my surgeon just whipped it off making me take a breath in shock - LOL

After the first few days the scar will be just a line so you will gain confidence in putting the tape on and off etc over those first couple of weeks _ I had a 7yr old doing some of them - So it ain't hard to do :-)

I have my follow up appointment tomorrow, so u know I will have answers tomorrow, but I have a few questions. What do I use to wash the incisions with? I just used warm Water the other night because I didn't know what to use. Also, how often do I need to wash them? Thankfully from what I can tell, my dr used glue and/or tape to seal the incisions, so stitches that I can see, so I'm hoping that will help with the scars being minimal!

Edited by kealot

@@kealot, I used a scent free antibacterial soap on mine. I don't recall them telling me to wash them a certain number of times. I didn't shower for the first couple days, then showered daily and washed them daily. I had internal stitches and external glue, but my incisions had dried blood with the glue, so it was hard to tell what was what until it started flaking off.

@@kealot, I used a scent free antibacterial soap on mine. I don't recall them telling me to wash them a certain number of times. I didn't shower for the first couple days, then showered daily and washed them daily. I had internal stitches and external glue, but my incisions had dried blood with the glue, so it was hard to tell what was what until it started flaking off.

Thank you! That's the way my look, dried blood and dried glue mixed together. Lol. I will probably wash line daily also, but I had a tough evening last night with horrible Constipation, that I was so worn out and didn't shower last night lol. I've got some of that soap that I had to use when I got my body piercings, so I will use that tonight. Thank you so much!

I bought a wash that had Tea Tree in it for it's anibacterial properties. It worked well - I also had tea tree wipes so nothing touched me that was not tea tree to wash with - I had no infections or any problems n all 5 ops

You will be fine - The body is a wonderful thing in healing