Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mixture of feelings including shame, denial, and more guilt.

You are my hero as well, I'm 16 months out and am starting to let that sugar craving move in.

For me I know if I never say I'm gonna eat another candy bar I will feel like it is the forbidden fruit and think about it from a far constantly. So I workout and eat this candy bar which is 300 calories and track it in my daily calorie intake. I see bags of candy, recee cups and such at the store and before surgery I use to buy a bag and eat it in 1 day.

Understand how that is suicide for us, understand how eating from the candy dish at work in the death sentence for us as well.

I woke up this morning with a similar fear as yours, that is why I came to this site this morning before getting out of bed, for moral support and upliftment. This is how I saw your post.

I am now understanding the daily reaffirmation of what we are doing will keep us on track..

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I agree with everyone that you look great. You are smart to recognize your habits could cause regain and for wanting to address it before it does. You may be getting in enough exercise because of your active job. Try wearing a Fitbit or other step counter. Are you getting 10,000 steps. Losing or maintaining weight is 90% food. Exercise is great for relieving stress etc. Dr, Matthew Weiner has written a great book and has lots of great videos for wls patients and he explains how it all works. You are correct at identifying sugar as a problem. You can quit the sugar. I'm pretty sure you did it post op. You can do it again.

@@DylanRae so to say what everyone else said... You look great.

I didn't have the sleeve i had the LB done 7 years ago. The first part of correcting the problem behavior is admitting that it's a problem (or can be). The good thing is you seem to know exactly what your doing. This means you can also fix what your doing.... I still have cravings... WLS didn't stop those for me... only helped my consumption of a lot of bad things. The thing i still do... drink Mt Dew. I love it... i have never been able to put it down. I also never logged a single thing. But i weighed myself everyday (obsessed) if i didn't lose for maybe gained a few Oz... i would think back on the day before and remember what i ate... normally it was something i should not have and set my mind to not eat it again (if possible).... When i do get a craving, i will go to the store, buy that one thing in the smallest package possible and eat a couple and throw the rest away. I'm always impressed and amazed at the people here that have givin up sugar. I just couldn't... so i embrace all the changes i made and try and do my best with the rest.

Up the cardio.... when i did that, that's when the weight reallyyyyyy started to come off. Maybe get with a Personal trailer. I couldn't due to finances... but if you can, do so.

Do what you can to the very best of your ability and work on the rest...

came across this in an old post when I was having a bad day and one of my dear friends wrote this too me.... So im sending to you :

we all have bad days. I have some really awful days where I couldn't eat healthily if you paid me to. Sometimes this lasts for a week or more.

I think banders do each other a disservice if we pretend none of us have days where we fall off the wagon. Hell, even the thinnest people eat crap sometimes - you read my FB, you KNOW I eat chocolate, drink wine, eat badly sometimes if I have a stressful day.

The difference though is not letting your bad day defeat you, so that one day becomes a bad week, and then that bad week becomes a bad year, and that bad year becomes your new lifestyle.

It's ok to fall off the program sometimes, we're all human after all. As long as you don't give up trying to get back on program. So instead of being ashamed that you stopped, be proud that you're starting again!

Exercise can be as simple as walking. Try logging what you Eat. I do every day on My Fitness Pal. It helps me stay honest, although I slip up every now and then . Although I'm two and a half years out and the most I've gained from my lowest weight is five pounds and then I lose it again. That said I'm twenty pounds over my idea of ideal weight.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is not about being smart. This is about being human. What you have accomplished already, is amazing! Not only are you beautiful, but despite what charts and graphs may say, it might be possible that this is the weight your body needs and wants to be until further notice. Is this such a bad thing?

I am not saying that you couldn't scrape a couple more pounds off if you worked harder and gave up your sweet so whatever you feel is holding you back, but my point is not whether there is more weight that can be lost or should be, but considering the possibility that you are actually in maintenance already.

When all is said and done, only you need to live with what you choose. Personally I find you very inspiring. You look stunning!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App