Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got the letter I was waiting for! Approved! I am so excited! I was worried that I did not provide enough documentation for them to do the pre authorization! I am floating on a cloud!

I have Amerihealth NJ through Healthcare.gov.

My surgeon is Dr Samir Patel at Atlanticare. He and his staff have been amazing! My surgery is set for May 2nd. Any May sleevers out there?

I am going to be starting the pre op diet on Monday. It is 2 Protein shakes a day and 1 meal which consists of a Protein and vegetables. Then the day before surgery it is clear liquids/proteins.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the clear Proteins? And any suggestions for after when I can have the shakes/powders. I know this question has been asked several times already, sorry.

I have so many things that I can not wait to be able to do after I reach my goal. Zip lining is number 1 :o

Ok, I have rambled on enough. I hope to hear from the veterans and newbies with all of your suggestions!

I have been reading posts on here for a few months and was waiting for approval and a surgery date before I actually joined in!

So glad to have this forum for support!

Cant wait to be on the losers bench! ;)

FabFemale aka Colleen

Congrats!!! My auth request will be sent to my insurance next Tuesday. ....I can't wait to get a real date so I can start my count down!

I cried post-surgery...

I'm not afraid to admit it...

I even warned the surgeon that I would...

Mine was a 50/50 thing...

It wasn't 100% certain that my surgery would go ahead due to my size...

It would only be decided once the surgeon was 'in there'...

So I had told him that I'd cry either way...

It was gonna be out of frustration or relief..

So when he stood by my bed and tole me that the procedure had been completed, I lost it!!!

It was certainly one of those 'life moments'...

I'll never forget it...

When I got the phone call that I was approved I was at work and I started crying in the hallway i was trying to hide in. This time when the surgeon said he would do my revision I was speechless. My husband had to answer for me lol. I have moment where I get stupid giddy. It changes your whole life and it's an amazing ride to be on.

I'm so happy for you

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@KindaFamiliar oh I am totally crying after too!! I'm such a baller!

@@DOC's Wife thank you! I'm excited and nervous. Looking forward to this journey.

Congrats... I just finished my last supervised doc visit 8 days ago. I am so anticipating a date but can not get it until insurance approved. I called the doctor today to see if my paperwork was in order and submitted....

Fingers crossed!

I got the letter I was waiting for! Approved! I am so excited! I was worried that I did not provide enough documentation for them to do the pre authorization! I am floating on a cloud!

I have Amerihealth NJ through Healthcare.gov.

My surgeon is Dr Samir Patel at Atlanticare. He and his staff have been amazing! My surgery is set for May 2nd. Any May sleevers out there?

I am going to be starting the pre op diet on Monday. It is 2 Protein shakes a day and 1 meal which consists of a Protein and vegetables. Then the day before surgery it is clear liquids/proteins.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the clear Proteins? And any suggestions for after when I can have the shakes/powders. I know this question has been asked several times already, sorry.

I have so many things that I can not wait to be able to do after I reach my goal. Zip lining is number 1 :o

Ok, I have rambled on enough. I hope to hear from the veterans and newbies with all of your suggestions!

I have been reading posts on here for a few months and was waiting for approval and a surgery date before I actually joined in!

So glad to have this forum for support!

Cant wait to be on the losers bench! ;)

FabFemale aka Colleen

wow congrats! my surgeon is Dr. panait are Atlantic care. I am still in the six months visit. I have Oxford. can't wait to be where you are! keep us updated

Tears are completely acceptable! I'm on a self-pay track, so I didn't have an approval process to agonize over. However, I did have to apply for a loan to pay for it. That was nerve-wracking enough, and I only had to wait 3 days. Six months months must have been tough, so cry all you want.

Personally, I'm rather surprised I haven't let loose the tears yet (at least not over the surgery). But I have no doubt my days are numbered on that score...

Anyhow, congrats on your approval!

@ If the insurance didn't pan out I was heading for self pay. Thankfully it was approved the first try. I only waited 4 days to find out. I didn't need the 6 month diet before hand. I'd go crazy. Thank you and good luck to you! Keep me posted on your progress.

May 2nd is soooo close! Just had my pre admission testing done. Now just counting down the days. Clear liquids day before. Treating myself to a pedicure and getting my nails done French (I have acrylic nails need to be clear color) maybe even get a facial! How's everyone doing? Anyone else having surgery on the 2nd? Am I the first loser of the May group?

First off, congrats!!! second if you are on Facebook there is a May sleevers group and I believe there is one here too.

@@Womanvsmirror thank you! I am on a Facebook group but I'm not telling anyone so only in the group that is private. Do you know which they are?

I'm in a few WLS groups and they are all private. So nobody on my fb can see . for the may group if you search may on here you will find it . if you cant ill look it up for you