Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First, I am so happy.. I got sleeved on 2/29 and I've lost 56 pounds... Awesome!! But to be totally honest I have lost a lot of muscle, inches and fat.. Now I wanting to know if there are anyone out there that has been lifting and is able to gain at least some muscle tone back.. Feels like I'm not eating enough calories, carbs and Protein in order to gain my lost lean muscle back.. Any input would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You are only 2 months out. At 6 months you should be able to get enough Protein in easily to gain muscle. A lot of the guys around here have, hopefully they respond.

I understand I'm only a few months out, I'm just looking for information from people who has done it..

6 months out last week.

I had the same concerns.......but I just lace these jewels up and hit the gym and do some work.

Nothing phenomal occurring but it at least I'm sparing some muscle during the losing. Was scared before that I'd have to cover it all up with tattoos or some such ploy.

No fears now. Gonna keep getting lean and some minor muscle will emerge.

Clpwee1.jpg

Definitely important to stay active and meet your Protein requirements so you don't continue to lose muscle. As for gaining muscle, that will come with time, once you are done losing weight and are able to get more calories and protein in, which WILL happen. I have about 7 pounds more muscle now than I started with (not much, i know), but that does mean that I was able to lose minimal muscle and at least gain SOME with the cardio and strength training I do.

@@bsanders

I can see a noticeable difference with strength training. I have added extra Protein in my diet to help build muscle. My arm's will never look like @Dub. The goal is healthy.. :)

Thanks @@Dub And @@jenn1 That's what I was hoping to find out. I was told by a nutritionist that I would never be able to gain my muscle tone back since I had the surgery.. Now I know I can, I'm not afraid of hard work so I'll put in the time... Just needed to know if it was possible again.. Now I know it is.. Btw y'all look like you put in the time and effort, it inspires me to as well!! Thank you for the responses!!

Edited by bsanders

@@bsanders

I can see a noticeable difference with strength training. I have added extra Protein in my diet to help build muscle. My arm's will never look like @Dub. The goal is healthy.. :)

Dem legs.......

Dayum !

You are doing great !!!

@@bsanders

You got this..Ask around for strength training tips...i get great information and motivation from everyone here.

@@Dub

You will have to share your upper body work out with us. I can barely do a pull up :wacko: . Too much running and ignoring the arms...Time to balance things out.

@@jenn1

I've been doing mostly cardio. I have stuck with major muscle exercises now, although I just started.. Squats, dead lifts, bench and military presses.. Light work out tho.. Low weight 3 sets or 10.. I haven't gotten to breaking it down to particular muscle groups yet because I may only lift 2 times a week until I cleared by my surgeon to hit it hard (he has cleared light workouts). I'm concerned about my food intake and hitting it hard..

Can't wait till Monday, my doc appointment. I'm thinking he will clear me