Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regretting the sleeve so much and afraid I will die or have serious problems down the road

Wow @@kranky813 - what a great response!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

That was a great post kranky.thank you so much everyone for all your care and concern. This website has helped me so much to get through my dark moments. I feel alot better today and i know I will be ok. I have always been a fighter and I cant let this push me down

Sent from my LGLS665 using the BariatricPal App

We all have good and bad days, but just need to remember every day we are one step closer to our goal.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

As soon as you're shopping for cute clothes that other girls your age are wearing, you're going to be thrilled.

I'm 7 years away from surgery now, and I don't have any health problems what so ever. I've never regretting my decision. I was thrilled at the prospect of no longer having to shop in the plus sized section.

If you were going to die you would have most likely died on the operating table. That's when the risk for death is at it's highest. You made it. Relax.

The longer you go out from the day of your surgery the more you will be able to eat.

As far as complications, there's not that many associated with the sleeve. It's by far the safest of the current surgeries. If by chance a complication does develop it normally develops within the first 3 months.

I think you will be fine. Just relax.

Im a 22 year old female who just got gastric sleeve surgery and am 2 weeks out. I feel like I rushed into this decision and regret everything wishing I had tried harder to lose the weight. I am now scared to death that im going to die either from not being to eat barely or will die young after having so many complications from getting 70% of my stomach removed and losing all those important hormones. Im so afraid of dying and want to still have kids and a happy life. The research online scares me so much. Also i read gastric bypass leaves ur stomach in unlike the sleeve that removes it. Someone please help me. This is consuming me everyday of my life

Don't stress out and calm yourself,it's all going to be okay,just go with the flow.Your body is going through new changes which will require you to "Change your eating habits and throw your old food routine out the window".You've got a brand new tummy,listen to your new body and delete your temporary files....

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

As to actual surgery risks I am going to have to disagree with the above poster. According to my surgeon, the biggest risks are pneumonia and blood clots: both of which occur post surgery. If you do everything you are asked to do, from your pre-op diet, to using your spirometer as directed, walking, you should be fine. A good surgeon's primary goal is getting you through surgery healthy and successfully. Listen to your surgical team.

Per Comment 17 and the Blogspot: One BS alarm for me was the misrepresentation that no insurance pays for bariatric surgery and the expense for everyone is totally out of pocket.

MOST insurance pays for a great part of the cost of surgery, if not all.

In that regard, I got my sleeve for $150.

By the way, I am 2 1/2 years out and far healthier and happier than I was with a 53" belly.

it is new to you but it was the best thing i have done for myself i am just through my 3 month out losing 40 lbs was great it is a process to get used to. i still eat a lot less than they

they say about 1/4 cup and now they say i can have reg food lol ok so i tried to eat a little bit of chicken with no room for anything else i was told a lot of people go through this for up to six months so try to relax you got this and you can always ask anyone here for good advice

As to actual surgery risks I am going to have to disagree with the above poster. According to my surgeon, the biggest risks are pneumonia and blood clots: both of which occur post surgery. If you do everything you are asked to do, from your pre-op diet, to using your spirometer as directed, walking, you should be fine. A good surgeon's primary goal is getting you through surgery healthy and successfully. Listen to your surgical team.

Your entitled to your opinion.The biggest risk is you dropping into an undertow and not duck paddling back up to the surface. I'm almost a month out post op.I do 2 miles on the treadmill each day and have started back at the gym.ive surfed since I was 6 years old,just ride the wave and stay on your board....

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Im a 22 year old female who just got gastric sleeve surgery and am 2 weeks out. I feel like I rushed into this decision and regret everything wishing I had tried harder to lose the weight. I am now scared to death that im going to die either from not being to eat barely or will die young after having so many complications from getting 70% of my stomach removed and losing all those important hormones. Im so afraid of dying and want to still have kids and a happy life. The research online scares me so much. Also i read gastric bypass leaves ur stomach in unlike the sleeve that removes it. Someone please help me. This is consuming me everyday of my life

You should discuss your anxiety with your M.D. so he can reassure you about having procedure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Im going to go to a therapist and support group as soon as i can.

Bariactric Support groups are awesome... there is always someone to talk you off the figuratively speaking "cliff"... take care of yourself and new sleeve... then you can help someone else in a yr from now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Per Comment 17 and the Blogspot: One BS alarm for me was the misrepresentation that no insurance pays for bariatric surgery and the expense for everyone is totally out of pocket.

MOST insurance pays for a great part of the cost of surgery, if not all.

In that regard, I got my sleeve for $150.

By the way, I am 2 1/2 years out and far healthier and happier than I was with a 53" belly.

My insurance sucks royally in regard to WLS. They only cover the surgery at 50%.

Funny fact......if I'd used my insurance, I would have had to also pay $28,000 out of pocket myself.

By self-funding 100% of the cost of my surgery.....I only had to pay $20,000 out of pocket.

Ridiculous game, but one I'd play again and again in order to have my sleeve and begin regaining not only my health but my life back.