Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I put this in the Guy's Room only because I don't think the women will care.

I finally got to ride my motorcycle today for about 3 hours instead of just down the road and back. I have a 2010 VFR1200 sport touring bike. Don't let that touring part fool you, a VFR is not an "old man's" bike:

post-252425-0-25169300-1460861890_thumb.jpg

Anyway... This bike has 170 hp and 100 ft/lbs of torque. Do you know what that feels like when you take off? It feels like someone is trying to push you off the bike. Now imagine that you weigh 120lbs less than when you bought the bike! Now it feels like someone is trying to pull my arms out of my shoulders!

But seriously guys, riding the bike is so much easier now than it was just last year. When you aren't trying to force 330lbs through a sharp corner things are a lot less scary. First of all, your tires have better traction. Second, it's like going from 2-up riding back to 1-up.

Can't wait to start racking up the miles this year!

Oh, and if you ride - post a pic. Doesn't matter what you ride as long as your knees are in the breeze.

Awesome non weight loss victory!!!

I would love to have a go at being a passenger on a big bike like that especially as I am 85 lb lighter now

I put this in the Guy's Room only because I don't think the women will care.

Well you thought WRONG, mister! Didn't you know that riding a bike is akin to foreplay for some women????

post-285431-14609331492594_thumb.jpg. Sold my Triumph Speed Triple but hope to be back out there again!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I love the sound a triple makes! And the single sided swingarm is just sexy.

Well I would just like to know what a single sided swing arm is ? Sounds delightful !

post-253509-1460984250513_thumb.jpg

12' Street Glide. Took her out the other night after sitting for a few months. Definitely a better ride after shedding 100 lbs!

Well I would just like to know what a single sided swing arm is ? Sounds delightful !

The swing arm on a motorcycle is what hold the rear suspension and rear wheel on the bike. Honda was the first to put it into production on a sportbikes. Ducati soon followed then Triumph. BMW did have one in the late 70's/early 80's on a UJM, but it was plagued with failures. Traditional swingarms go on both sides of the wheel and an axle runs between them.

If you look at the rear wheel of my picture, you will see that it has 5 lug nuts like a car wheel. The Triumph and Ducat's have a single nut. In racing, a single sided swingarm allows for faster tire changes.

Thank you for that information . I had no idea what it was !

I am jealous. I missed riding all last summer because my dad needed his knees replaced and he is my driver. His knees are now fixed and I am down 70 lbs, but he won't give me a ride until I am down more than 100! He thinks that is motivating. I am hopeful that I will reach that 100+ lbs before the end of summer.

Have fun!

pam

I'm right there with ya. I am still a beginner, last year was my first year, so starting my 2nd year. I'm more confident on my bike after losing 100 lbs.post-261380-14611696880749_thumb.jpg

Here's my baby.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

wonderful NSV! one of the things I'd like when I get to a normal weight is to be able to be a passenger with the husband. comfortably. We need more time away from the teenagers.