Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Count down to Breast Augmentation - woowhoo!

I had my final consult for my breast augmentation yesterday. I think I'm starting to get excited!

I'm all all paid up. It's set for 4/25.

I'll have to get some sharable pictures (before and after) :wacko:

I do have some issues to address - a second surgery on them may be required. We are just going to do the BA and see if I'm happy. Since I'm planning an extended mini-thigh lift and belt lift this summer, anything else I need done (excess skin removal under the arm, or a slight lift) will be done at no additional cost then.

So the deets... estimating 350cc (but will have 300-400 on hand). Like most woman, both sides are not created equal, so one side could be 325, and the other 350. She knows what I'm going for, and at this point I have a lot of trust in my surgeon. We've poured over lots of pics together, more than once, and she knows what I want.

I'm going with under the muscle, silicone (Mentor Memory Gel), moderate round. She said I may need, or be better off with, the high profile. She'll order both. We talked a lot about the differences and why she thought I might need the high profile. We'll talk again the day of surgery - I think I may let it be her call when she's in there.

Man....I have to go get some sports bras this weekend....anyone have any suggestions? I'm guessing I'd want ones that open in front to make life easier!

Front opening bra for sure and I would recommend purchasing two. I wore mine 24-7 for the first 4-6 weeks and it's easier to wash one when you have another one on hand. I was sent home in a horrible surgical bra, so that did not help. If they give you a decent one, you can rotate that with your sports bra. One thing to keep in mind (my surgeon did not tell me this), is that there may not be room for the size you want once they get into surgery. I requested a minimum of 400 on my larger side and then whatever it took for the smaller side to look equal and he agreed. I woke up with 260 and 340, HUGE disappointment, but I came to grips with the fact that he did what was medically safe! I am scheduled to have a revision (larger implant on one side and making the aerola smaller on the other) June 29th. Best of luck to you!

@@Spiceyfrog Thanks!

i was told about the medical bra - sounds less than comfortable. Have to wear it for 4 or 5 days. Then I can shower and switch to a sports bra (yay).

My surgeon said there's no point to go below 300cc. Anyone who she's done who insisted on anything smaller than that was disappointed. So I'm not worried about her going small. I actually prefer to be on the smaller side - so when she said upwards of 400cc for me I think she saw the look on my face, lol. It's a trade off between filling up the loose skin and not being that lady with the big fake boobies. If they could actually go with a cup size, I'd want a C. So when we start talking 400cc, I start to get a little freaked. Wish I could be awake and approve them during surgery :-)

The "balancing act" as I call it is tough... We want that symmetry. Good luck with your revision surgery in June!!

ouch!

just reading the post about BA makes me shiver.

I am thinking about it but I am no where ready. I have always had large boobs and I would like to be more in the large C, small D range. Like @@amazon I want to fill the loose skin but don't want the fake boob part.

I am researching just a lift at my age 53, I just don't want them at my pantie line :|

I am researching just a lift at my age 53, I just don't want them at my pantie line :|

Lol!!

I'm also 53. Looking forward to "perky" ;-)

When I was obese, I wore 44D. Probably could have gone bigger. I was never fitted.

All I have left now is skin. A lift is not going to do it for me. I'd have nipples on ribs. Ick!!

Wonder if the guys have run away screaming yet

Edited by amazon

All done! Rolled in the the operating room by 7:30am and awake in recovery a little after 10.

Pretty darn sore. But that will pass. I get to see them tomorrow at my first post op visit.

post-220576-1461692727817_thumb.jpg

Here's the before and after... In my sexy surgical bra

Ended up with 400cc moderate profile.

My surgeon was VERY happen when she came to see me. So I think that's a good sign.

Edited by amazon

Here's a little better picpost-220576-14618084192956_thumb.jpg

I have no idea why it's posting twice...sorry !

Edited by amazon