Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome Patricia! I was 58 when I was sleeved 4 years ago...have been at goal for 3 years....welcome to the club! Very excited for you and what you will experience in the very near future!

@@patriciaorta - Hi I was sleeved last year, at 52. Will be one year on 5/6, over -100 from HW (from Feb 2015).

welcome to the family.

Hi Patricia. I was sleeved at the age of 50 years. Welcome to the "seasoned" WLS club.

Patricia, welcome! I was sleeved at 51 and my only regret is not having done it earlier!

Hi Patricia,

I was sleeved a year ago at age 51. I am down over 200 pounds from my highest weight with a ways to go.

Welcome!

Hi Patricia. I'm 53 and was sleeved 4 1/2 months ago, welcome to the club [emoji106]

Hello everyone

I am 52 (53 next month) and I'm scheduled for VGS April 25 th in St Louis, Mo area. I know y'all are already done but I am needing some WLS friends to communicate with. I am only on day 2 of my pre op liquid diet and I can't shake this thought of "what if"! What if this doesn't help me lose. What if my diabetes isn't any better. What if I go through all of this for nothing. Help!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@DRene and kat27641 Your concerns are perfectly normal! But just spend a little time on this forum and you will see that there are very few (I think I have read one or two out of the thousands of posts!) of people who were not thrilled with this option for us to get healthier! Feel better about ourselves! Look better...get off medications...play with your grand kids....be sexier....get control over food....so many positives....it is a bit surreal the first few months but time goes by SO fast! I have been at goal for 4 years....sleeved at 58...and how I wish I could have done it sooner. But it's never too late. If you need more motivation, read my book...I kept a diary every Sunday of my first year...so you can have an idea of what you will be in for. It's called Queen of Crop and you can get it here a the Bariatric Pal Store, or on Amazon.com It will help keep you motivated! Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi Patricia. I'm another newly sleeved (March 9) 50 year old around here. Was 49 when I had it done but turned 50 a month later.

Hi, I am 54, surgery weight was 194.6

I am new as well and was sleeved on March 27th

Good luck everyone :)

Edited by mia150

I'm 53 was sleeved on March 17th. As of today I am down 41 lbs. So far I'm very happy with the results. I try and take in 75-80 grams of Protein a day and walk at least 50 mins a day.

Hi Patricia, and all group members.... Glad to be here! Iam 53.

My Surgery is on May 3rd. Nothing but the best to all, Take Care Patrick.

Edited by New life 2016