Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2016 Banders check in

How is everyone doing? I've done pretty well so far, I think. Down 23 pounds as of this morning and looking forward to my first fill on Thursday.

That will be 6 weeks post-op. Has anyone had any troubles so far? I haven't found any foods that make me throw-up yet. I find it hard to eat slow, so I am hoping I can slow down a little more after my fill. All in all, I am happy with my decision so far.

Also found a recipe for an easy Protein snack. Use 1 cup of natural Peanut Butter, 2 scoops of Protein Powder and mix it together. Form into balls and freeze. You can also add oats, nuts, or mini chocolate chips for added texture and flavor. YUMMY!

Hi guys!!!! I'm Christina and I am new to this group. I just felt I needed some support and just a place to hear how other banders are doing. So I started at 303.7lbs, had a 3day liquid diet lost 5lbs but day 1 post op was back at 303....surgery was 3/22. First fill 3cc was on 4/20. As of today 4/25 I'm down to 287.2. Lost 16.5lbs since surgery. How is everyone else doing at this point? I kinda feel like I'm behind because I didn't really have a liquid diet. I'm happy to say I'm drinking a ton of water! I wish I could have a little less sugar and stop bored eating. I'm eating the right things, and mostly tracking what I eat through a ww points system. I think I'm going to start drink a glass of Water or tea every time I think I'm hungry because honestly sometimes idk if I'm hungry or bored. Also I definitely need to get my ass in gear as far as working out but I'm super lazy and Being this big I get discouraged quickly. Anyways hope everyone is doing well, any tips are appreciated, and I can not wait to connect with you everyone

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Xtina717

Hey Amy! Was just wondering have you had your first fill yet?? Great job with your weight loss! I found it easy to eat mostly anything except bread about 3 weeks after surgery. My first fill has changed that big time! I do a lot more liquids and mushy food. Eating veggies that are crunchy like carrots has been difficult and actually almost got stuck. I have 3cc and have to take extremely small bites and eat very slow.

Hi Xtina, Yes, I had my fill on 4/14. It didn't make as much of a difference as I was hoping. They added 1.5 cc. My next one is scheduled for 5/12. Down another 3 pounds, but still eating way more than I probably should be on some days. The best part is I am fitting into some spring/summer clothes that wouldn't fit last year.

I'm thinking of getting 2 jars with marbles. Add a marble to the loss jar every time I lose a pound to help visually encourage me. I do not follow one rule my surgeon gave me and I think I'm going to start. He says to have a glass of Water or tea 30 mins before I eat. Then eat a small portion and do not get more or seconds for 30 mins. And before I get more have another glass of tea or Water then wait another 30 mins to get more. Maybe we should try that.

I had my second fill last week. I can tell a difference this time! Had my first experience of "getting stuck". We had been at a softball tournament. I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast, but then didn't eat until almost 4:00 pm. We stopped at McDonald's and I got a chicken snack wrap. I think I just started eating too fast because I was so hungry, but those first two bites got stuck and I didn't really know what to do. I thought if I coughed or tried to burp, it would come right back up and we were in the car. So, I took a sip of Water and just sat and let everything settle down. After a few minutes, I was okay and finished my snack wrap a lot slower and tore off most of the tortilla. If I see good weight loss, I might just stay at this level for a while.

How are you doing Xtina?