Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie to VSG, just starting my journey

Thank you so much for writing out your journey. I thought I would be able to get sleeved before the summer then it turned into fall and I was just sleeved on 1/5. My surgeon didn't have any weight loss requirements pre surgery so I didn't have to do that. I look forward to following your journey. You are a pretty talented writer and enjoyed your posts very much.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for reading!! This is definitely a longer process than expected, but in a way it's a good thing. I know now that my mind is truly ready for the mental challenges ahead :)

@@SarahSleeve thank you for posting your updates! Keep pushing forward!

Thank you :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

January 16, 2017

==============

9 days until my next appointment. At my first appt way back in June, I was told I needed to be at 253.2 (about 250-251) by my home scale) and have all other requirements met before they would schedule my surgeon meeting. A few months ago (after meeting all requirements except the weight loss), they told me they if I could get to within 5 lbs of that goal, they'd schedule me. At my Dec appt, I was 6lbs over my goal. Yep. Grrr. As of this morning I was 254.8 on my scale, putting me within 4-5 lbs on my home scale!!! I am down over 3 since my Dec appt (again, based on my home scale). So I have 9 more days to drop another couple lbs and get safely into that 5 lb range.

My diet since Christmas has been lots of Water, high protein/ low carb. No caffeine, no alcohol, no excess sugar, etc. Lots of sleep. I have lost 3 lbs since Jan 1st with this. Let's see how much more I can lose!!

Fingers crossed my body cooperates on WI day :) I plan to bring a change of light clothes with me to put on before I weigh. Jeans can't be helping :D

Edited by SarahSleeve

Yay! So glad to hear those last few required pounds are finally coming off. Sounds like you've found the winning combination to get the scale moving again. Really hope to hear some good news from you on weigh-in day!

I passed my pre-op weight goal today!!! On *my* scale, but still!!! I can't see why they wouldn't let me move forward after next week!

I'm so excited! :)

Edited by SarahSleeve

@@SarahSleeve What day next week is your appointment? I want to be sure to be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way.

@@SarahSleeve What day next week is your appointment? I want to be sure to be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way.

You are too sweet! It's on Wednesday :)

It's starting!!! Just traded all my size 20 jeans for the stack of 18s that were in my closet. 22 lbs down so far! :) I'm so excited to see where I end up!

I can't wait to find out if you get approved for surgery next week!

CJ my journey was very similar to yours except for I am 61 and struggled for 25 years after having my 3 children. I suggest that you sign on to have the surgery. It takes 6 months of nutritional counseling before you can begin the process of testing and clearance for surgery. Take a notebook with you to the classes and keep detailed notes. I forgot everything I learned in class and struggled fir about a month post-op. All in all, this was the best decision of my life. I am 5 months out and I have lost 70 lbs. The health issues I had prior to weight loss are gone. I feel great and have a ton more energy. Good luck!

Grrr I bounced back up 2 lbs :/ the only thing I did differently was eat a salad for lunch yesterday. I really should have known better, every time I eat a salad I gain weight for a day or two. I need to not do that again for the next 4 days!!!

Thinking of you today. Let us know how your appointment goes!

January 25, 2017

=========================

They approved me moving forward! I have some labs and an EKG to do and in less than 2 weeks I see the program coordinator to make sure I'm good to go. Then they submit to insurance and once approved I get a date! They said on average it's 4-6 weeks from this point.

I've got lots of mixed emotions going on right now... but mostly excitement :)

Edited by SarahSleeve

So so happy to hear this!