Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota?

Hey all! I'm in the Rochester area. Sleeved May 2nd. No support groups around here. It's really a shame there isn't more support options overall. Hope you are all doing well!

Sent from my KFASWI using the BariatricPal App

That is too bad you can't find local support if you need it. You do have us here. Hopefully you have family and friend support. Especially those days you need it most. Be sure to reach out on here anytime you need it. As you can see it's a very open place to discuss ANYTHING!

Good luck.

HW: 281.5 on 10.30.15

SW: 245.7 on 6.1.16

CW: 213 on 7.25.16

Hey all! I'm in the Rochester area. Sleeved May 2nd. No support groups around here. It's really a shame there isn't more support options overall. Hope you are all doing well!

Hi! I'm from Rochester and I know that Olmsted Medical Center has a support group that meets once a month (free of charge). I hope to have surgery in September at mayo and plan to participate in OMCs support group after surgery.

That is too bad you can't find local support if you need it. You do have us here. Hopefully you have family and friend support. Especially those days you need it most. Be sure to reach out on here anytime you need it. As you can see it's a very open place to discuss ANYTHING!

Good luck.

HW: 281.5 on 10.30.15

SW: 245.7 on 6.1.16

CW: 213 on 7.25.16

I am very blessed to have a good support system in my family and at my job. The part I miss is meeting face to face with others who have been down my path. I'm a counselor myself, so I know he important that is. I value my feedback from everyone on here as well. Thanks!

Hi! I'm from Rochester and I know that Olmsted Medical Center has a support group that meets once a month (free of charge). I hope to have surgery in September at mayo and plan to participate in OMCs support group after surgery.
That's great. I use Olmsted as my primary care, so I'll have to ask my doc about this group as I didn't know it was there. I had my surgery at Gunderson in LaCrosse and they have groups, but the drive is too much. Thanks for the info, and good luck with your surgery!

I am still in the pre approval state yet I will be having Dr. July do my surgery. How long did it take for you guys to here back and what insurance did you have?

That's great. I use Olmsted as my primary care, so I'll have to ask my doc about this group as I didn't know it was there. I had my surgery at Gunderson in LaCrosse and they have groups, but the drive is too much. Thanks for the info, and good luck with your surgery!Sent from my KFASWI using the BariatricPal App
You still around? I am having mine at Gunderson in La Crosse. I am getting the sleeve. How did it go for you?

Sent from my SM-F916U using BariatricPal mobile app

New to the group! Hoping to get my approval from insurance in the next week. I’m nervous as heck as I’m worried they will deny it even though I meet the requirements!
Where are you going for your procedure?

Sent from my SM-F916U using BariatricPal mobile app

Boop! I'd love to get this MN thread going again, so here's my shot at it! Haha!

I had Gastric Sleeve surgery on July 11th, 2022 (so a bit over 3 months ago). I'm fully healed from the surgery and I'm off of the restricted diet plans needed while the stomach is still healing. I can only eat about 1/4c to 1/2c of food and that fills me up! I do get hungry signals, I have since about month 2, but I can satiate them quickly.

You can see my stats in the ticker thingie - but I lost 30 lbs before surgery and I've lost 57 lbs since surgery, so I'm down 87 lbs now. I've dropped two sizes and I'm shopping in my own closet because I was two sizes down only 2-3 years ago, so I still have the clothes!

When I first had surgery I was anxious about "what have I done!" but now that I'm not on a super restricted diet so I can find things I can eat more easily, I feel a lot better about myself. I had the physical evidence of the surgery within a month, but the mental stuff took me almost 4 months to really get my head on straight and not feel like poop, like I had really messed up. Its good that I had already been working with a therapist and I continue to work with a therapist, so she helps me be proud of myself and confident in myself.

I won't get too specific but I'm in an inner ring suburb of Minneapolis and would be open to a meet-n-greet within a reasonable distance of home :)

10 minutes ago, MissMerryberry said:

Boop! I'd love to get this MN thread going again, so here's my shot at it! Haha!

I had Gastric Sleeve surgery on July 11th, 2022 (so a bit over 3 months ago). I'm fully healed from the surgery and I'm off of the restricted diet plans needed while the stomach is still healing. I can only eat about 1/4c to 1/2c of food and that fills me up! I do get hungry signals, I have since about month 2, but I can satiate them quickly.

You can see my stats in the ticker thingie - but I lost 30 lbs before surgery and I've lost 57 lbs since surgery, so I'm down 87 lbs now. I've dropped two sizes and I'm shopping in my own closet because I was two sizes down only 2-3 years ago, so I still have the clothes!

When I first had surgery I was anxious about "what have I done!" but now that I'm not on a super restricted diet so I can find things I can eat more easily, I feel a lot better about myself. I had the physical evidence of the surgery within a month, but the mental stuff took me almost 4 months to really get my head on straight and not feel like poop, like I had really messed up. Its good that I had already been working with a therapist and I continue to work with a therapist, so she helps me be proud of myself and confident in myself.

I won't get too specific but I'm in an inner ring suburb of Minneapolis and would be open to a meet-n-greet within a reasonable distance of home :)

Congrats! I am having the sleeve on the 8th so I am in the super nervous phase.

I am southeast of you, I live with the grumpy old men lol.

Just now, Fellbunny said:

Congrats! I am having the sleeve on the 8th so I am in the super nervous phase.

I am southeast of you, I live with the grumpy old men lol.

Hi! I know where you are, hahahaha! Love it! Feel free to ask questions here or anywhere in this forum, people are great! It feels super scary, I know, I was scared, too. You'll feel better physically in a week or two, you'll be healed in 3 months. In those 3 months you'll be on the diet plans to help your tummy heal, which can be boring, but man you'll lose weight fast! Best wishes to you!!! :D

I just thought of something else Minnesotans can relate to - WLS makes you lose weight FAST and our metabolism/body thermostat can't keep up with all the insulation we are losing! When it dropped down to 40, which isn't really that cold, I had to wear an extra heavy sweatshirt or a jacket outside, even when I was taking a brisk walk! I didn't even think of this as I was planning for surgery, but now that we've had some cold days, uffdah, this is gonna be a COOOOLD winter! haha

50 minutes ago, MissMerryberry said:

I just thought of something else Minnesotans can relate to - WLS makes you lose weight FAST and our metabolism/body thermostat can't keep up with all the insulation we are losing! When it dropped down to 40, which isn't really that cold, I had to wear an extra heavy sweatshirt or a jacket outside, even when I was taking a brisk walk! I didn't even think of this as I was planning for surgery, but now that we've had some cold days, uffdah, this is gonna be a COOOOLD winter! haha

I have been reluctant to buy anything pre surgery, but i plan on stocking up for next winter and buying the better quality warmer things. I do have a comfy which is a giant blanket hoodie that is nice.