Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering if anyone has a favorite cheese? I was in Sam's Club the other day and unfortunately I went hungry- not a good thing to do. I was going to splurge and buy myself some Cookies or a cake and then decided to check out the cheese section instead. I picked out a delicious Havarti cheese with dill and a white cheddar by Kerrygold. Both were a great change from my usual cheese and a much better choice. I also saw a strawberry infused goat cheese and a blueberry blue cheese crumble that I might try next time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other good gourmet cheese?

a nice smoked gouda - irish cheddar, or publix has one from the Isle of wight - I also like colby/jack, string cheese - cheese curds - mmmmmmmmmmmm I love cheese!

Give me pecorino romano, or give me death!

I'm sort of a knuckle dragger here......no real good tips here.

I do love to get a slice or two of Swiss and hit it with Tobasco sauce.

Sharp cheddar. REAL sharp cheddar....aged 5-7 years, not the "sharp" cheddar cheese BS in the grocery stores. And of course cheese curds. But only when they are still warm and squeaky, straight from the factory. Again, the curds in the grocery stores are nothing like the real thing.

That white Kerrygold cheddar is very good. I keep it in the fridge all the time.

A wide variety of American and English cheddars -- the sharper, the better

Stilton blue (English) - the real stuff

Not to mention Roquefort -- mmmm

Maytag - the premium American blue cheese - is good, too, although some of its products are being recalled now due to possible Listeria contamination. I'm sure it'll be resolved.

Camembert -- a soft, slightly "stinky" cheese -- love it!

The original "Parmesan" -- Parmigiano Reggiano (the King of Cheeses)

Emmentaler and Gruyere cheeses (Swiss) - both great with nuts, dried fruits

Rogue River (Oregon) makes some amazing blue cheeses, including one wrapped in grape leaves. I can get that one only once a year at our local wine / gourmet shop. It's pricey ($40/pound), but probably worth it.

For other cheese lovers, here's a great Web site ... http://www.cheese.com/alphabetical/

P.S. And @@Dub ... find a gourmet grocery store with strong cheese offerings and do some tastings. I think you'll be amazed at the breadth of flavors.

I'm from Wisconsin, we love our cheese here!

My favorites tend to be the sharper cheeses. I love it as sharp as I can get it.

I don't think I could add to any of the lists here, but I didn't see anyone say Cottage cheese. I love it. There are so many foods I used to love, that I can't stand now after surgery, but I'm so glad I can still tolerate cottage cheese, with a little fresh dill or chives chopped in, perfection! High in Protein and so yummy. :)

Emmentaler and Gruyere are perfect for fondue, too! Dip veggies instead of bread, and oh my, what a treat! It's something on my list of things to do in the future. It's been quite some time since I have had fondue. I wouldn't be able to eat much, but it would be tasty!

Edited by SkinnyDown

I don't think I could add to any of the lists here, but I didn't see anyone say Cottage cheese. I love it. There are so many foods I used to love, that I can't stand now after surgery, but I'm so glad I can still tolerate cottage cheese, with a little fresh dill or chives chopped in, perfection! High in Protein and so yummy. :)

I eat Cottage cheese with EVERYTHING. :-)

I live for chevre (goal cheese).

Fresh mozzarella & Tomato slices, garnished with basil leaves.