Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post op I want to be down more

Hey friends,

It has been a while since I showed up on here. I was taking a break and trying to figure everything out.. So I am haveing so many problems. I am having a really hard time drinking Water, and eating good carbs, I am not much of a fresh vegetable fan, I really like a lot of canned veggies. well anyways I am 6 weeks post op and am down 30lbs. I really want to keep this going. I am at 271 I still have a lot to lose, I am feeling discouraged. so if you guys can figure out what I can do..

The one thing I am doing well is staying away from bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice etc.

Morning: Protien shake, 1 cup coffee

Lunch: lettuce wrap sandwich

Dinner: Ground Beef, Mushroom Soup, canned green Beans.< /p>

1 glass tea.

Less than 32 oz of water

HELP

hey. first off think of what a great job u have done so far!!!! Try taking Water bottles everywhere. have them wherever u r like where u r working, folding laundry, doing bills, on the computer, driving,....move it around with u. think of things u can add to it if u hate plain water. go with your favorite flavors to entice u. i have delved into tea. check out the aisle. there are so many options! with your food mix it up! google bariatric meals and find cool high Protein recipies that will incorporate vegies. u will get stuck in a rut if u have the same old things. if u go to a support group ask around. people at mine have great food ideas. well, i am a newbie but i hope that helps. oh, sugar free ice pops can help your Fluid intake.

So let me get this right. You've lost 30 pounds in SIX WEEKS and it's not good enough for you?

Your expectations are way out of whack. You're doing fine. More than fine, actually. Work on getting more Water in and getting at least 70 grams of Protein. From what you've posted, you're not even close.

Work on those things first. Then work on being happy with how far you've come, not how far you need to go. It's not a means to an end, it's for the rest of your life.

You guys are so right. I am really happy with 30 lbs I just feel like I could be doing better. but since I have to make myself eat and drink, I am a litte scared to even try to start working out.. I love the advice thank you so much I will be working on these things.

Don't get down on yourself! I am also 6 weeks out and "only" 30 pounds down. I have to remind myself that this is a journey and you will get to your goal. One thing that has helped me is to walk. I got a Fitbit and my goal is 10,000 steps a day. Then as you build up your strength, you can start adding more and more.

As for food, you are doing better than me. I can only get my Protein in with no veggies yet.

Good luck!

I didn't start adding veggies until about 4-6 months out. Didn't have room for them after the Protein. Get the needing veggies out of your mind and just eat Protein for now. Balance will come later.

You are doing GREAT. I just wish you knew how GREAT you are doing.

Seriously.

Keep at it. Every day. You will lose all your weight.

I think your eating plan is fine. :)

(I ate a lot like you and lost 100 pounds. Am maintaining at 135 now for months and months and months. :) )

Sounds like you are doing great.

As other's have suggested, focus on getting in all of your Water and Protein.

What is your Protein target?

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Take a breath and Celebrate your accomplishment. You are going to hit many, many, many stalls. I am currently in the middle of 6 week stall. Hoping it will pass soon. 30 pounds is great. Focus on eating your Protein and exercise. Do not become a slave to the scale. It's important to know where you are, but even when the scale isn't moving you could be losing inches. If you haven't already start taking your measurements at least once a month. Focus on your non-scale victories as well. If you only focus on the scale you will be disappointed often.

@@AnA92212 I keep looking at your progress and I know that you did it so I can do it. It looks like we were kind of close to the same sizes. I am a little shorter than you and heavier. But you all did this so I can do it... Thank you for the motivation I just started walking this week and I am down 2 more lbs but I have not yet measured. will start that this weekend.. Thank You Again. Cant wait.

Edited by KLEE12216

You will get there! I still get frustrated but it is so worth it. This time last year I would never have dreamed that I would be a size 6! I am so much healthier than I was.

@@KLEE12216 - suggestion? the canned vegetables probably are sodium rich - lose the canned vegetable idea, and move to either fresh or frozen (no sauce).

Protein Protein protein

Water Water water

walk walk walk

@@KLEE12216 You and I have very similar stats (5'2" 289lbs). I am just beginning my journey - but I think if I had lost 35lbs in 6 weeks I would be extremely happy! I read a lot of posts from others talking about how much more they've lost in relatively short time periods and I think - I hope I can do that - but realistically I'm sure I won't. Anyway - from my research and reading alot of people's advice who have been successful - you don't seem to be eating enough Protein or drinking enough. Be careful with sodium too - canned vegetables or Soups can be packed with sodium. I look forward to see your continued success - especially since we're on a similar journey. Just think - if you continue at this pace - you'll be at goal in another 5-6 months! :-) I'm going with the hope to lose 150 lbs by the time I'm 50 (I'm turning 48 next month).

I am ALSO 6 weeks out and down 35 pounds. I thought the same thing - that I would have lost more. Then I realized that the numbers on the tape measure were going down!! I definitely lost inches - enough for people to really notice. So putting on an old top and having it hang on me is encouragement enough to keep going. My doctor is happy with my progress and stressed (like everyone else) that I must get in Protein, Water and walking. I use a fitness tracker too and it also helps to see those numbers go up.

Good luck to all and keep up the good work!! :D