Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greater New York Bariatric Surgery Clothing Exchange - April 2016

Six years now for this free clothing event for people throughout NYC and vicinity. That's five and three-quarter years longer than any other WLS exchange in the country and probably the world. We are a tough breed. Even better, you're invited to take part or just stop by if you'll be in from the provinces on April 11, 2016. Click here for details...

Clothing Exch Master PATIENTS.docx

If you have any questions about the program, please post here rather than sending them to the email address in the flier.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

The link doesn't work for me :(

@@Rebeccaabrooks86,

That's odd. As the site system won't allow me to copy/paste the flier for you, the best I can do is give you this link to the topic for the clothing exchange last Fall. The only differences are the day, date, and hours. Next month's event is Monday, April 11, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. If you can arrive at 5:30 to help set up, excellent. If you can stay a few minutes past 7:30 to help straighten up, excellent. I hope you can make it!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351620-greater-new-york-bariatric-surgery-clothing-exchange-free-10222015/

Please leave another post here so that I know you got into the link. Otherwise, we'll do something else that will absolutely work.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch

I hope to have a reason to come to the one next April. I'll only be 2 months post-op in October, so I doubt I'll have much to donate.

@@CLN.BK, things work in funny ways. Just yesterday I confirmed the next date (September 27) with the host organization and, today, here you are.

You've already lost 25 lbs and will lose more by 9/27. You'll have things to give away and will want to start filling in replacements. Beside, it's not mandatory that people bring clothing; sometimes we can still get away wearing what we have, but know it's time to start with smaller sizes. The clothing exchange as a cooperative effort rather than a rigid this-for-that. What's available for adoption depends on what people do bring in, of course, so we always hope for the best.

In any case, I hope you'll at least stop in to say "Hello." The conversation is free. I'll be posting the details within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, I would definitely love to come. I will keep my eye out for the posting, but if I don't reply to it, tag me on it if you don't mind. I don't want to miss it!

@@CLN.BK, I don't mind at all, but you'll have to tell me what it means to "tag" and how to do it. You'd be shocked if you could hear the way I speak to my sweet, lethal little laptop. Alternately, you may want to private-message me your email address so that I can add you to my email list for the next and later events.

Sorry, I used the wrong terminology for the BP forums. On here, tagging is the @Mention option. I will PM my email address to you though :-)