Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this a stall or is this is?

Four months post gastric sleeve and two months post gallbladder surgery. Starting weight 234 and I am now 184. Everything was going great, for the first two months. Adapted well to surgery, losing weight, getting in shape, feeling great. Then all of a sudden everything has come to a complete stop. I have lost 2 lbs, in TWO months. I expected stalls but cannot believe it is lasting this long with all that I am doing.

Still no, bread, Pasta, rice, soft drinks, or caffeine.

Breakfast options - egg, Greek yogurt, Protein Drink, or berries and cheese.< /p>

lunch options - lean meats (usually super leftovers) or deli meats & cheese

Supper options - Usually lean meat and green vegetable. my quick meals are tuna, imitation crab legs, shrimp, chicken fingers.

Snacks options are - Cheese/nuts, Protein Drinks, Italian ice, nuts and/or seeds.

I consume 60 - 90 grams of Protein per day, and 60+ oz of Water per day. I do not keep up with calories, but it is under 1000 per day.

I do not journal, but I am very conscious of what I eat.

I exercise 4-5 times per week. Each day I do 30 minutes to one hour of cardio and alternate upper body, lower body and abs with machine weights. I truly workout, I am drenched when I leave.

I am so grateful for what I have lost, but was hoping for more. So any advise on what I am doing wrong or what I need to do?

two months seems more like maintenance than a stall. Sounds like eating-wise and exercise-wise you should be fine. Are you weighing and measuring everything? (I get "calorie-creep" if I don't....)

No, I don't weigh or measure everything but I assure you it is very little. I NEVER get so full that I get the sick feeling. It is extremely rare for me to get "stuffed" after eating.

This is just so extremely frustrating.

I had RNY and you had sleeve. I lost my weight quickly and at the end of 6 or 7 months I transitioned into the "Maintenance" phase. Sleeve patients experience a different weight loss. Many continue to lose weight for over 12 months after surgery. I think the gallbladder operation threw you for a loop. Is it possible that you are taking medication that is damaging your weight loss progress?

No changes in medications either. Just feel like with as hard as I am working out and the amount of food I am taking in that I should still be losing. I still have an obese BMI.

If eating right and exercising is not enough, then what is? I know I am under 1000 calories per day. Guess I will need to reduce it a little more.

This may sound counter-intuitive, but have you tried increasing your intake of Protein and complex carbohydrates? You are working out quite a bit and your body needs inputs. Our bodies kick into a survival mode when caloric intake drops. You might be there.

Have you been dropping sizes? It could well be that you have replaced fat with much denser muscle, so they scale has not moved but your body composition has.

If you are 4 months out and still consuming under 1000 calories a day and exercising 4-5 times per week, you actually may not be eating enough. I would try to increase your calorie intake to 1100 - 1200 for a couple of days and see if the scale moves at all. Everyone is different, but I notice when I regularly only get 700 - 800 I stall. When I increase to over 1000, the scale moves in the right direction again.

If you are 4 months out and still consuming under 1000 calories a day and exercising 4-5 times per week, you actually may not be eating enough. I would try to increase your calorie intake to 1100 - 1200 for a couple of days and see if the scale moves at all. Everyone is different, but I notice when I regularly only get 700 - 800 I stall. When I increase to over 1000, the scale moves in the right direction again.

ezbeinggreen, I'm going to try this cause i have tried everything else. I had actually thought of that, but was honestly scared of consuming too much and my body getting used to consuming a larger amount. I know that sounds crazy, but I would rather see the scale not move at all than to go up.

Sounds like not eating enough to me if you really are under 1000 calories a day with your level of activity. You should try tracking your food accurately for a week or two to get a real sense of where you are at. Then, once you have a real baseline, you can experiment with increasing calories to see if that helps. If you aren't consuming enough calories, your body goes into "self preservation" mode and your metabolism drops really low.

Yup, up your calories and track every single bite. How do you even know how much Protein you're getting without tracking?

You can't adjust anything if you don't truly know where you stand to begin with. Start tracking, try getting at least 1100 (if you truly are getting 1000) calories a day and 70-80 grams of Protein and see how that goes for a couple of weeks. I'll bet you'll be surprised ;)

I am a fellow "non tracker" but i genuinely believe you need to weigh, measure and track everything so you are working from facts, not feelings about how much you are eating. I realize that message is not welcome but it is the truth. It might be you are eating more carbs than you realize, maybe you arent eating enough. Maybe the times of day is the problem (eating late for example) but it is all guessing unless it is accurately tracked.

I had something similar happen when I was about 7-8 months post op, and I was still eating well, but small changes got me back to losing that 10-12 pounds a month and get me to goal. I lost 150# in 14 months, even with my short little Detour of minimal losses for a month.

I personally believe that a stall is more like that natural fluctuation in Water etc where the scale doesn't accurately reflect the changes. What i experienced was not a stall, what I experienced was weight loss slowing way down, way too early in the process.

I am a fellow "non tracker" but i genuinely believe you need to weigh, measure and track everything so you are working from facts, not feelings about how much you are eating. I realize that message is not welcome but it is the truth. It might be you are eating more carbs than you realize, maybe you arent eating enough. Maybe the times of day is the problem (eating late for example) but it is all guessing unless it is accurately tracked.

I had something similar happen when I was about 7-8 months post op, and I was still eating well, but small changes got me back to losing that 10-12 pounds a month and get me to goal. I lost 150# in 14 months, even with my short little detour of minimal losses for a month.

I personally believe that a stall is more like that natural fluctuation in Water etc where the scale doesn't accurately reflect the changes. What i experienced was not a stall, what I experienced was weight loss slowing way down, way too early in the process.

I had something similar happen when I was about 7-8 months post op, and I was still eating well, but small changes got me back to losing that 10-12 pounds a month and get me to goal. I lost 150# in 14 months, even with my short little detour of minimal losses for a month.

I personally believe that a stall is more http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/362211-is-this-a-stall-or-is-this-is/like that natural fluctuation in water etc where the scale doesn't accurately reflect the changes. What i experienced was not a stall, what I experienced was weight loss slowing way down, way too early in the process.

I'm not a serial tracker, either. Only when things go sideways is when I actually start tracking things to see what I need to do to get back on track (no pun intended). So many times we are consuming so much more or even less than we think we are, and don't see it until it's right in front of us.

Nuts and seeds. Once I actually measured them I was astonished how many calories I was eating of just nuts and seeds each day. My estimates were way off. Now I only eat them measured out and tracked.

Start measuring and recording your intake. Either use an app like myFitnessPal or a journal. Establish your baseline then you will know your starting point. Also, like someone else mentioned, calorie creep is more of an issue than many of us realize.