Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The second most painful experience of my life..omg...this was bad

I am so sorry you're still going through this! I only went through it for a couple of days before I begged to have him go ahead with the lithotripsy. Apparently, it had been there for years before it decided to move.

I pray the one in my other kidney does not move because it's huge. I'm having my kidney ultasound this week.

Ohhh happened to me too! About a month after surgery I got a kidney stone! I thought I was going to die the pain was so horrible. Mine was able to pass on it's own but I had one about 6 years ago prior to VSG and that one needed surgery to come out. They did a Lithotripsy which is blasting it away with ultrasound waves. They put you under but they don't cut into you. It was a same day procedure and made the stone turn into dust so I could pass it.

Kidney stones are so much worse than anything I have ever had.

Feel better soon. :(

Serendipitously, a friend of mine is going through this right now -- the loooong week of passing all the kidney stones.

She has also rapidly gained weight, has a very distended stomach, has been in agonizing pain, and is just exhausted.

After seeing her today, I can sympathize even more with you, @@CowgirlJane .

Have you caught the stones yet? Buggers.

Yes, what happened? Feeling better I hope. We all want to know!!

Still has not passed. It's really unpleasant and I have to aggressively medicate to stay on top of the pain and nausea. I stopped gaining weight, but I am really starting to feel like crud, but in a more chronic, not so much acute kind of way. I am not hungry so I don't eat and then I'm starved so I eat something junkie. This has little to do with the stone - well except the nauseous feeling, but is part of the misery factor. I feel gross. I have been faking it, but in truth I just don't even want to do anything or go anywhere due to all this.

Just one stone, not multiple

I am calling tomorrow about the blasting, I am tired of being sick and tired. Also, I HAVE to take IB daily or else the pain is uncontrollable. I am going to use my tv MD (I've watched alot of doctor tv shows!!!) And conclude that I have significant inflammation if I get unstoppable stabbing pain if I miss my NSAID dose. I have to take percaset also - but percaset alone and I still spiral out of control. Also, although it would be charming to look about 12 weeks pregnant if I were 25 and had an actual baby bump....but having a middle age gassy bump - well I just can't spin that positive!

I did learn something about treating constipation...that"smooth move" herbal tea seems to work better than Miralax. I also learned that ginger ale makes me feel good because my mom would have given it to me.:)

Ginger Ale sipping while taking the dread meds it is.......now get that thing blasted to hell and back and begin to feel better quickly.

I have never experienced kidney stones and hope to never do so. Some of the toughest people I've ever known have told me how bad they are.

Feel terrible for you and hope that you get some well deserved relief ASAP.

Talked to the doc today...told him I have lost my sense of humor over this dang thing...going to get it blasted thurs or fri! They use general anesthesia which scares me because it makes me soooo sick, but he told me it is a short procedure so they won't do as deep a sedation so likely not bad. Funny, I am not afraid of dying, but horrible nausea that is another story. I have been mildly nauseous since this ordeal began..and I am really done with it.

It is daylight savings..light out until 7pm and I want to get out and RIDE, but honestly worried about the pain. Between my surgical complication, followed by the infection ,followed by this kidney stone - I have been on the bench for almost 2 months and am beyond sick of it!!! I am ready to cowgirl up, go riding, dancing and maybe even some cowboy chasing...Haha.....as soon as this cursed thing is gone! (Well, I get a stent for 5 days post op, lovely, but after THAT!)

I'm so glad there's a solution on the horizon!

@@CowgirlJane - I'm glad you have a solution! FYI, that stent is not fun. Sorry to tell you that. (Seriously for me it was worse than the pain of the stone, but to be fair, I had 2 stents - 1 in each ureter and then tied together in my bladder - and I had them for 3 weeks!! Oh it was awful!) Having just one won't be as bad, but let me give you the advice they finally gave me that worked - 1) a warm bath helps - a LOT! 2) drink lots of Fluid. The stent will rub against the side of your bladder when it is not filled with Fluid which makes it hurt more. Even need to wake up in the middle of the night to drink if you can. 3) Ask for nausea med - get Phenegran if you can as it will help you sleep through it. 4) I know you are tired of pain meds at this point, but make sure you have plenty on hand. I would take 1/2 pill on the way to work so I could get through a few hours and then the other half when I left about 6 hours later (I could not get in a full 8 hours in that 3 weeks). You may not be able to go to work. Not everyone is able to (I was told) but you are a tough cookie, so it may not bother you as much as me. 5) Get them to give you a bladder spasm med - it relaxed the bladder and made the pain more bearable. Over the counter AZO did not work for me. I had to have one that was stronger (but I cannot for the life of me remember the name - it was blue - I will keep trying to think of it). 6) I will tell you the worst part was the anxiety of feeling like I had to pee 24/7 and when I did not having any relief. I got them to finally give me Xanax and that really helped me calm down. 7) when you go to have the stent removed, many people tend to get severe bladder spasms a couple of hours later - I thankfully did not - but I was advised to not go back to work on that day, go home and get in the tub with warm Water to try and get the bladder to relax and take a pain pill preventatively. 8) Depending on where the stone is located (if still in the kidney and not in the ureter - doc will tell you), try that thing I mentioned in an earlier post where you lean over and lightly pound on your back about 30 to 45 minutes after drinking an 8 oz glass of Water. That is how I got my last ones out. The process is judged by some to be hooey but my endocrinologist (who was a researcher for kidney stones) recommended it and once I had success with it, my urologist now recommends it to many of her patients.

I hope this info isn't overwhelming! Just trying to give some advice from my experience. Again, you are quite a tough cookie, so you may not have the same experience as I did. Remember that you will still have to pass the stones once it is broken up (or I should say the remnants), so you will still have to strain as you have been for a few weeks. It will not hurt to pass it because it will be broken down so small (hopefully - that is the goal anyway).

Best of luck to you! If I can be of any help at all or you just need to vent to someone who understands, don't hesitate to PM me. I will happily commiserate with you!! Keep us posted!

I'm really sorry you have to have the stent. I didn't have to have that. In fact, after they blasted it, I never felt any of it passing. I was really afraid too, because I have interstitial cystitis which makes me feel like I have a UTI when I don't have one.

I hope it's not as big of an ordeal for you as it was for Daisee.

Thanks for all the info! When they did the scan they saw it had exited the kidney. Presumably the initial severe"i am dying" pain came from that event.

I had no idea I would need this stent, and I am aiming to do this Thursday so I have the weekend to recover.

Thanks for all the info..it's 230 am and as typical I am awoken by pain so I really want to be done with this.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

Sending you some healing vibes. Hope you can put this all behind you soon!

Unbelievable. What a long process. I hope you recover quickly from the procedure.

I get really nauseous from general as well. The anesthesiologist had me take take 2 Dramamine 2 hours before the procedure. (I had surgery Friday and I had no nausea!!!)

You'll be Cowgirl up before you know it! It's almost rodeo season, after all.