Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling amazing!

gpmed

Five months out from surgery, I'm down more than 70 pounds and less than 15 from onederland. I've gone from nearly bulging out of my size 20 pants to easily fitting into size 16.

But I must say the most amazing thing of all so far is discovering what my body can actually do. It's performing like a champ and lifting heavier and heavier weight while maintaining proper form in BodyPump. It has no problem getting through an hour of cardio, whether an exercise class or machine like the elliptical.

Today I challenged myself to walk four miles, even though I'm still a bit sore from BodyPump yesterday. I did it and it's been a long time since I've been able to walk a distance like that without stopping.

I'm finding myself getting excited about new ways to be active. If it's not cost-prohibitive, I want to sign up for a learn to row class this summer. I hear it's an amazing workout and I love nearly any activity involving Water. Before surgery my best friend asked me if I wanted to get a bike and go cycling with her. I was too intimidated. As I walked today, I remembered her offer and I'm excited to take her up on it. What a perfect activity as the weather warms and days get longer. So I'm researching bikes and racks for my car. I just wouldn't have done these things before. I truly feel like I have a new lease on life!

Five months out from surgery, I'm down more than 70 pounds and less than 15 from onederland. I've gone from nearly bulging out of my size 20 pants to easily fitting into size 16.

But I must say the most amazing thing of all so far is discovering what my body can actually do. It's performing like a champ and lifting heavier and heavier weight while maintaining proper form in BodyPump. It has no problem getting through an hour of cardio, whether an exercise class or machine like the elliptical.

Today I challenged myself to walk four miles, even though I'm still a bit sore from BodyPump yesterday. I did it and it's been a long time since I've been able to walk a distance like that without stopping.

I'm finding myself getting excited about new ways to be active. If it's not cost-prohibitive, I want to sign up for a learn to row class this summer. I hear it's an amazing workout and I love nearly any activity involving Water. Before surgery my best friend asked me if I wanted to get a bike and go cycling with her. I was too intimidated. As I walked today, I remembered her offer and I'm excited to take her up on it. What a perfect activity as the weather warms and days get longer. So I'm researching bikes and racks for my car. I just wouldn't have done these things before. I truly feel like I have a new lease on life!

This IS amazing and so inspirational. I too find myself looking forward to being able to do more physically and not be as limited. I am already making a great deal of progress on the water. Looking forward to being able to do more on land.

Congratulations.

So cool! :)

Those new physical achievements feel amazing. :) Congratulations.

This IS amazing and so inspirational. I too find myself looking forward to being able to do more physically and not be as limited. I am already making a great deal of progress on the Water. Looking forward to being able to do more on land.

The Navy SEALS are made of the same grit, determination and resolve that you demonstrate. Don't be surprised if they come knocking on your door with some recruiting attempts. :D

I'm finding myself getting excited about new ways to be active. If it's not cost-prohibitive, I want to sign up for a learn to row class this summer. I hear it's an amazing workout and I love nearly any activity involving water. Before surgery my best friend asked me if I wanted to get a bike and go cycling with her. I was too intimidated. As I walked today, I remembered her offer and I'm excited to take her up on it. What a perfect activity as the weather warms and days get longer. So I'm researching bikes and racks for my car. I just wouldn't have done these things before. I truly feel like I have a new lease on life!

This.....^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^..........so much win going on in your life. OUTFREAKINGSTANDING.

Posts like you's are what helped rope me down like a wayward calf and brought safely into this herd. A herd of lean, mean and vital free ranging beasts that have been like family. Living leaner and feeling better and getting further from old health concerns each and every day. So dang glad for this......as I was about to be eaten by wolves and gators.

Keep on safely pushing past the old limits and know that nothing can hold you back.

Thank you, everyone! I'm really glad I have people I can share all the good stuff with who understand. And you've all definitely helped me stay on track and look out for pitfalls too, as @@Dub says.

I too feel amazing!!!! Starting w/257...I am 1 year and 19 days out, 125lbs down!!!!! I can't even believe this is my body!!!! This was the best investment in myself I have ever made. An investment in peace of mind and freedom from the hungry hippo inside!!!???????? Shopping, hip bones, faster, abs, heels...I mean--WHO'S life is this!!!! Oh shit...its mine!!!!

Keep working at it- be patient-change strategy-eat clean -take Vitamins religiously-and sip sip sip your Water (more than any juice or chemical flavor packet)!!!

I am thankful I can share this with all of you!!!! We are so very very lucky to get a second chance at living in our bodies!!!!! I have been obese all my life and I am actually wearing a size 7!!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would come from an 18 to a 7!!!!! So grateful...

Do your best to live a full life with this new gift!!!!!!!

Congratulations for all of the hard work you put in to lose your excess weight.