Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone UK based?

Hey guys, I joined this site last year and quickly learnt a lot of you guys are in the US, which is great, I love comparing stories. But I wonder if there are many UK banded members that want to chat?

I'm brand new, had my band fit 5 days ago so keen to build a friendship group to start my journey with!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey! I'm from Lancashire but recently moved to Warwickshire so I spend my time up and down the country but don't tend to go that far south! How are you getting on with your journey?

Thanks for replying, I was getting lonely x

Hey! I'm from Lancashire but recently moved to Warwickshire so I spend my time up and down the country but don't tend to go that far south! How are you getting on with your journey?

Thanks for replying, I was getting lonely x

Haha there's loads of UK support groups on Facebook too.. I've been banded 2 months today and only lost a stone :/ I don't know if I'm at ' restriction' yet but I mean I don't get hungry very often anymore and I have to chew chew chew and take my time with meals it takes me about 30 mins to eat a piece of meat and a little bit of veg I'm ok with that tho for now haha what about you how long you been banded? X

Ah wow, I'm 4 weeks post op. I've lost 26lbs so far but only 10lb of that is post op from the liquids only phase. I'm starting on solids now and this is what scares me if I'm going to gain before I get to have my fill and restrict myself! How did you find that first 4 weeks? A stone is great, you probably do need another fill, but the way I'm seeing it is if you are that little bit slower you can control the skin side of it too. Losing it too quickly will leave us a little saggy! How much you aiming to lose if you don't mind me asking? And which clinic you have surgery with? X

No I don't think I need another fill I can barely eat anything apart from a piece of meat and veg and quite often that gets stuck and I'm in agony for the rest of the day/night :/ at 4 weeks I was eating everything again so that's when I had to have a fill.. Which took me to 3 Mls .. ( had no restriction) then a couple weeks later I had another 2 mls put in which took me to 5 mls now I think I'm at restriction and woke up positive today I'm gonna work so hard and get to my goal by August time :) how much have you got to loose ? Xx

And I had mine done with Chris deprez in Belgium you? X

Ahh I see! That's great then you really know your body. I hope I'm like that. I'm worried at the moment cause I can't really see anything until I have my fill that's going to help with losing, other than remaining on liquids cause that seems to keep me with a low calorie count I need to lose. To be honest I'm aiming to lose as much as possible! I'd be happy with like 8st. I'm a taller and imagine curvier girl naturally and people tell me I wouldn't look right as a stick! Haha. So my goal is like a comfortable size 16. I just want to shop in River Island basically! X

Sweet! Yeah at this stAge you will be able to eat everything because there is no Fluid in your band... Don't expect too much from your first fill because they will only put 2 or 3 mls in and that's not gonna do much or give you restriction once you start getting 5/6 ml in you will feel it but everyone is different.. I have 5 Mls in and I'm not sure if I'm too tight as I'm finding it difficult to eat anything ( sliders like cottage pie and chocolate go down easy) the band is such a pain in the ass in the morning sometimes I can't eat anything until like 4 pm :/ I've got 4 stone to loose by end of August as I'm going on holiday :000 xx

It was ok not the best expeirence cause I was in soooo much pain and I had to keep getting in taxis and trains and tubes to get home it was pretty awful actually:/ was so glad to be home the after care is good Chris is really good :) x

Yeah I can imagine, just the drive home from the hospital was horrendous so I don't envy your trip home! I ended up with a trapped nerve in my hip too, still suffering a little with it now, my legs tingly all the time! That's interesting with the fill information so thank you! I can't wait for mine to just get started with it now. Are you looking to have some taken out of yours or will it ease with time as you lose weight? X