Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

flat butt blues - shapewear recommendations?

okay, my build is kinda skinny butt, top heavy by nature. Wearing jeans, it is fine but I just bought a daring new outfit - which I love, except it makes my butt look even flatter and skinnier than it it is!

This is the item, I got it for a song on their clearance rack:

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/Lattice+Neck+Jumpsuit/570147604

Never in my life have I been able to wear a jumper (pant type) because I always looked like a barrel in anything like this! It is a classy looking outfit and I think it is very flattering - except it makes my butt look even flatter than it is. Because it drapes, it does tend to hide the top/bottom size difference (I am 2 sizes bigger on top than bottom!) so that part is good.

I was thinking about trying to find some sort of Shapewear, pantyhose or something to help. i don't really want to wear fake butt pads, more like something that gives a bit of shape.

Any recommendations?

I have to add - I just reread the info on the website where they claim it is for errands, or dress up for a night out. If you live in NYC or LA or Paris, that might be true, but where I live, this is definately a dressier, not casual outfit. The fabric is nice and drapey but it looks more like a night out type thing than a "run to the grocery store" type thing. In fact, it is probably dressier than most people's "night out" clothes around here (it doesn't take much, just upgrade from a seahawks sweatshirt or a fleece and mom jeans and you are overdressed - ha!)

The model has no butt either. Just sayin.

Signed,

No Butt JWM

My flexees smoosh my booty up giving me a bubble butt where no bubble but exists.

I like the look of the Spanx one though

@@OutsideMatchInside

Thank you - will check it out. I don't tend to wear shapers anymore because even though I had plastics, i still have some extra skin - especially my back - and it tends to "spill over" Shapewear. These days I look better in bodycon clothes with nothing compressing underneath - I will look at them though!

@@LipstickLady that is what I had in mind. Looks to me like they are phasing out though, could not find them anywhere (amazon etc) except on the Spanx site and they no longer have all sizes. Your pal might want to stock up! I did order a pair in nude, perfect - thank you!

@@JustWatchMe yeah the model doesn't have much booty, but for me, the way it draped, makes my butt looks flat, not just small. Jeans etc I don't have so much that problem....but I liked this well enough that I thought it was worth it to try to address that!

Thanks everyone.

Oh, girl ... use the butt falsies. They are amazing!

I like the Red Hot Assets, by Spanx line. Kohls carries it and I actually got the idea to try that line because I read an article that Selena Gomez, that super skinny, pretty, singer girl wears this brand to enhance her otherwise lack of a butt.

http://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?search=red+hot+assets&submit-search=web-regular

I can't comment on how to make your butt bigger because I lost 150 pounds, had it cut off and sucked out and it's finally gotten more normal…but I wanted to say that's really cute. And you can't wear that to run errands where I live either! Even in some of the ritzier areas of Detroit (yes, there is such a thing, lol) you'd look out of place. Also, I never thought about wearing a jumpsuit because of my big behind, but maybe I should consider it!

So, last night I was out with a friend (yes, finally well enough to leave my home!) and I was telling her about this jumpsuit. She also has no butt, although she is in general skinny her but is especially skinny... anyway, she says "get the butt falsies"... pauses and continues "but the downside is if someone grabs your ass it could be weird"

i found it hysterical because honest, having my ass grabbed has not been a major issue in my life...ha!

Oh, girl ... use the butt falsies. They are amazing!

Well I would never wear a jumpsuit because of my big gut. I saw it on their clearance and I thought.... I don't have a big gut anymore, why not try it. It is very flattering - well, except the draping of that soft fabric over my butt makes it look even flatter than it is.

If you have a relatively flat tummy, this type of outfit should look good. If i still had tummy skin, i am not so sure... all that draping... and it fits me looser than it looks like on the model so there is alot of fabric. The advantage for me is there is a bit of an optical illusion that de-emphasizes my upper body size - or more accurately, i just think it looks more balanced.

I often choose slightly flared skirts etc to try to get some of that "balance" too.

I can't comment on how to make your butt bigger because I lost 150 pounds, had it cut off and sucked out and it's finally gotten more normal…but I wanted to say that's really cute. And you can't wear that to run errands where I live either! Even in some of the ritzier areas of Detroit (yes, there is such a thing, lol) you'd look out of place. Also, I never thought about wearing a jumpsuit because of my big behind, but maybe I should consider it!

Well girl, I'm going to try this again. I had a reply started and I guess it got possessed because it went to the wild blue yonder somewhere.

Anyway, I was saying I know how you feel and I have a problem also.

My DDD's went to pancakes and my hiney went to, well... I'm not sure where it went but the boobies are definitely pancakes. @@@:-(

Anyway, thought ok, I'll go to Spanx website and ordered me a pair of "bootie panties". I was so excited when they got here I just didn't know what to do. I ripped my clothes off so fast even MY head was spinning! I just couldn't wait to turn around and look at my nice bootie in the mirror.

Girlfriend....when I looked in the mirror it looked like I didn't even have a pimple on my butt! I was so disappointed!

I've had all kinds of thoughts about giving my extra skin to the burn hospital for burn patients if another doctor would do something to give me a butt. I envisioned an implant like you see these crazy people who have implants put in to look demon-like. Weird cheeks, shoulders, etc. You get my drift.
Anyway, started researching surgery to give you a butt and it said it is a really hard surgery and most of the time they didn't turn out with good results. The things I read said it would most likely (from their experience with it) turn out so bad and uneven that you would regret having the surgery. So...guess I just have to do like I do when I have a bad hair day...I don't look at the back and I just act like it looks as good as the front does. So, that's what I'm going to do.

Now, I have gained 50 pounds just out of the blue - I retired in Feb. last year, so I have been home but we have traveled most of the time seeing grandchildren. They are all spread out - some in DC, some in SC, some in FL, and some in Seattle. We have nine all together.

So, before we hit the road again I am trying to get firmly rooted in a routine so I can get back on track. I am so miserable and unhappy with the way I look I have got to get started here.

I am going to try to go on liquids the first week and then go to soft liquids, then to pureed food just like I did when I first got home from my surgery. I figured that way, my stomach would shrink if I have it all out of whack, and I would eat a lot less and not binge on sweets. I did write down all I ate today with the breakdown for everything so that is hopeful for me.

I realize I have gotten off into my life story here so I will shut up. I don't know if I said anything or not, but I had another app on my phone that I liked to use with bariatric pal; the app icon looked similar to bariatric pal but I can't remember what it is called. If you know what I'm talking about, please let me know. I appreciate you so much for all your help. You've helped me immensely.

Thank you so much,

Marsha

@@peytonplace Marsha, thanks for the reply. Posts go "poof" on me sometimes too, I have developed a habit of saving the long ones half way through... because the short ones never disappear...grrr

Okay, i had a lower body lift, breast lift and augmentation and arm lift. More recently I had some work on my thighs, so no stranger to plastics! I discussed my butt with the plastic surgeon and he advised against implants for all the reasons you mention. i didn't really want that anyway. Some people get this procedure where during the lowr body lift, they use some excess ... skin?... to kind of fill out the butt. I know a couple of people who went for that - they loved the results but it was a painful and difficult recovery. And, it took like a year before they could sleep on their backs! Not worth it to me and surgeon didn't think it was worth it either. I know big butts are what is currently in, but don't really mind, and most of the time it isn't really a big deal, but this particular outfit, it was a problem.

I am glad i did plastics, but, it is a big deal and not for everyone! I believe it is riskier and bigger surgery than bariatric. Implants can have long term complications. I always thought that things like arm lifts were no long term risk once healed (mine were awesome!) but someone on these forums has long term nerve damage from an arm lift.... like i said, consider the risks because living with a bit of excess skin isn't so bad...

As far as the regain, you can find much info on these forums on this topic. For most people, what works best is going back to what worked for you in your losing phase. Going back to basics - Protein first, no grazing, stay hydrated, yada yada. i think it is wise to weigh weekly (as long as that doesn't trigger obsessiveness for you) because then you notice the 5 before it becomes 50. If you want more advice, ask away and I suggest reading the veterans forum as that seems to be "regain central"

My general feeling about goal, maintenance and all that - it isn't really a destination, it is more like the lifelong deal. I try to see it in a positive light - i have skinny friends around my age, and they ALL watch what they eat to stay thin. Okay, they were never food junkies, so maybe it is easier, but my point is that we live in a world where food is pushed at us constantly... our brain is stimulated to want to consume it! You really have to work hard to keep cravings etc under control. I have discovered that WHAT I eat eithr triggers or helps control hunger. This is why I maintain a moderate carb diet - sugars, even in fruit and other healthy sources triggers appetite for me.

As far as the phone app, does myfitnesspal look a little like the older version of this sites app? It used to be black, now the app for Bariatric pal is white background.

Thanks for all the information. Yes, I have wanted to start with my head and stop with my feet on the plastic surgeries but I don't know any doctors that would do it for free advertisement. lol

I know it is very serious but if I look this good (losing back to where I was) I would like for it to look good too. My boobs are a biggie. I've had big boobs since I was in the 5th grade so these pancakes are killing me. I mean I'm just devastated. Next is the tummy, legs, and arms. Oh yeah another biggie is my face! When I was almost 300 pounds I had beautiful skin and no wrinkles to speak of. At my goal weight I looked like I was a grandma! An OLD grandma! So, I don't know which is most important - I think the face, then the boobs, then the stomach, then the legs, then the arms....no hope for the butt. My luck it would turn out looking like a tidal wave. Think I'll just come up with something that works and become a millionaire. What do ya' think? rofl

The app I was talking about I think it was for notes and exercise...I don't remember. It looked a lot like this but more like exercise on the front. I think it was kinda like a food/exercise diary. Anyway, it was different and I loved it with this. I had it on my phone but something happened that upset me really bad and my hands were shaking and I couldn't remember my code on my phone so it went back to factory settings. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Thanks so much, good to hear from you and I appreciate you more than I can say. Hope to continue this new friendship,

Have a great one...

Marsha