Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I joined the losers bench on February 9th

Hi all,

I had my sleeve with hernia repair on the 9th and I must say it has been an interesting ride. I was in the hospital for about 8 hours and then I was released to go home. The first day all I did was sleep and walk, trying to release the gas that was stuck in my stomach and back. It helped but didn't remove it all. Thank God for the IV fluids because they helped keep me hydrated since I couldn't seem to get anything down without discomfort.

The 2nd day I was feeling a little better but the gas was still a beast. I got in some fluids but less than I had hoped for.

Today is much better, I was partially able to sleep on my side last night, which allowed for a few consistent hours of sleep. I'm on Clear Liquids and have been sipping Isopure, poweraide and ice chips. I'm about half way to my daily Fluid goal, which is great. I can still feel the liquids when I swallow but I assume it's from the hernia repair. I'm not really having incision pains but that's due to my stomach still being pretty numb from the shot they gave me.

It's so funny how smells and tastebuds change after surgery. I loved my sugar free Popsicles but can't stomach them right now and the smell of food makes me want to gag, I suppose that's a good thing. My only issues today are the gas in my tummy and back, this constant belching and this Migraine that I can't kick. I do have chronic Migraines and hoped I wouldn't have one since I can't take anything. So far I have no regrets just ready to feel 100% like myself again.

Congratulations! It really does get easier day by day and the next few weeks and months will be about learning and adapting. Your whole life has changed! Hopefully for the better!

Congratulations! It really does get easier day by day and the next few weeks and months will be about learning and adapting. Your whole life has changed! Hopefully for the better!

Thank you for the words of encouragement they are much needed and appreciated

My first couple of days were difficult, but each day gets better. I am now almost 3 weeks out and feel pretty normal! Hang in there!

Hi all,
I had my sleeve with hernia repair on the 9th and I must say it has been an interesting ride. I was in the hospital for about 8 hours and then I was released to go home. The first day all I did was sleep and walk, trying to release the gas that was stuck in my stomach and back. It helped but didn't remove it all. Thank God for the IV fluids because they helped keep me hydrated since I couldn't seem to get anything down without discomfort.
The 2nd day I was feeling a little better but the gas was still a beast. I got in some fluids but less than I had hoped for.
Today is much better, I was partially able to sleep on my side last night, which allowed for a few consistent hours of sleep. I'm on clear liquids and have been sipping Isopure, poweraide and ice chips. I'm about half way to my daily Fluid goal, which is great. I can still feel the liquids when I swallow but I assume it's from the hernia repair. I'm not really having incision pains but that's due to my stomach still being pretty numb from the shot they gave me.
It's so funny how smells and tastebuds change after surgery. I loved my sugar free Popsicles but can't stomach them right now and the smell of food makes me want to gag, I suppose that's a good thing. My only issues today are the gas in my tummy and back, this constant belching and this Migraine that I can't kick. I do have chronic Migraines and hoped I wouldn't have one since I can't take anything. So far I have no regrets just ready to feel 100% like myself again.

Day 4 and I am overall feeling better each day. I still have discomfort when drinking, so struggling to get all my fluids in. I purchased some Unjury chicken Soup to help with Protein but the smell made me want to hurl. Ice chips have been my best friend and Isopure but I can't seem to finish the bottle. I was able to sleep on my side last night, which allowed for a decent nights sleep but woke up with my large incision aching something awful????

I have been walking and sipping and actually had my first bm this morning ???????????? who would've thunk that one would get excited to ???? ???? but I felt relief after. I am down 8 pounds since surgery, which is super exciting. Now if I can only get down 40 grams of protein and 43 oz of liquid ????

@It's Time You just have to do your best every day. Push that little bit more Water and that little bit more Protein. It's tough until the swelling goes down for sure! But it sounds like you are making daily progress, so that's good. Keep that up!

Had my 1 week follow-up and I'm down 32.6 pounds since pre-op ????

I was a bit disappointed at the follow-up, starting with not being seen until an hour after my appointment- really - and then one of the nurses teasing that I'm complaining about the wait- ummm ma'am, it's quite uncomfortable for a newly sleeved person to sit here like this ???? then to top it off, I didn't meet with my surgeon, I met with some other surgeon whom I've never met. He said that I was doing very well but it just was not what I expected. It was also interesting sitting in a waiting room filled with people waiting for a consult or completing weigh-ins - some of the conversations are just a bit much - one lady was reading over documents and telling her husband oh I can't have this and that, well that's not going to work it's my fave/ guess we will have to find a way to sneak it in ???? really is all that came to mind, but it showed me that not everyone is truly ready for a lifestyle change ????

Today made day two back to work and it was definitely better than day 1. I was able to move around more comfortably. Still having discomfort but I guess it comes with the territory

Oh yeah I started full liquids today and my body definitely appreciated the creamed tomatoe Soup. I only could eat 1/3 but it was a much needed change ????Doing pretty well overall getting in my fluids and Protein. According to the surgeon, don't push myself, if it doesn't fit then don't force it.

Well until next time ????

@It's Time You just have to do your best every day. Push that little bit more Water and that little bit more Protein. It's tough until the swelling goes down for sure! But it sounds like you are making daily progress, so that's good. Keep that up!

Thank you ???? I definitely will continue to increase until I get to where I need to be

My first couple of days were difficult, but each day gets better. I am now almost 3 weeks out and feel pretty normal! Hang in there!

Hi all,

Today is much better, I was partially able to sleep on my side last night, which allowed for a few consistent hours of sleep. I'm on clear liquids and have been sipping Isopure, poweraide and ice chips. I'm about half way to my daily Fluid goal, which is great. I can still feel the liquids when I swallow but I assume it's from the hernia repair. I'm not really having incision pains but that's due to my stomach still being pretty numb from the shot they gave me.

Thank you, I'm so ready for it to be three weeks ???? I can only imagine how different I will feel.

@It's Time Sorry your first post-op appointment didn't go as expected, but it's good to hear you are doing well!

Mine is this Monday I'm scared to death. But so ready for this change. Drink Fluid for 9 days. I'm ready for food I made all my food peered for two months. Use ice cube tray to get the one once. I'm glad I can have chicken four oz and half cub of veggy that helps alittle. But Sunday will be the killer just Water all day. I hope sugar don't drop. It's been the lowest its been in five yrs one this liver reduction diet. I've lost 12 lbs this week just by Protein and Water drinks I'm shock my sugar is normal 200 I already had to stop meds for sugar and my sergury is Monday. I'm proud of me..please keep posting thing I love to read your successes it keeps me positive.. Hopeful I'm proud.. I'm shock 32 lbs I hope that's me in a month.. I will keep you up dated on how I'm doing after surgery too

Sent from my XT1031 using BariatricPal

Mine is this Monday I'm scared to death. But so ready for this change. Drink Fluid for 9 days. I'm ready for food I made all my food peered for two months. Use ice cube tray to get the one once. I'm glad I can have chicken four oz and half cub of veggy that helps alittle. But Sunday will be the killer just Water all day. I hope sugar don't drop. It's been the lowest its been in five yrs one this liver reduction diet. I've lost 12 lbs this week just by Protein and Water drinks I'm shock my sugar is normal 200 I already had to stop meds for sugar and my sergury is Monday. I'm proud of me..please keep posting thing I love to read your successes it keeps me positive.. Hopeful I'm proud.. I'm shock 32 lbs I hope that's me in a month.. I will keep you up dated on how I'm doing after surgery too

Congrats on your upcoming big day, your weight loss and having a normal blood sugar ????????

It's so funny how we prepare, I thought I over prepared. What I will say is keep in mind that your taste buds and sense of smell may change after surgery. I loved my sugar free Popsicle and stocked up on them but after surgery they were disgusting to me - I can't stomach them. I purchased things to prepare and found that I didn't like them but there's no way to know how your body is going to react prior to. So don't go out and spend too much ????

Fear is normal, but don't stress yourself you have this. I remember being in the OR and all of a sudden freaking out but then I was out like a light and only remember waking up in my new life ???? I am sending hugs and prayers to you for Monday-breathe, relax and enjoy the rest of the week getting your body prepared. Please keep me posted on your journey and thanks for reading mine. And feel free to ask me any questions along the way

Thanks so much..But like you I have bought sugar free everything Jello pudding popsicles and Protein shakes all flavors. So the kids like them so of I can't they will

Lol

Thanks for the prayers and praise of calmness..

Edited by tracey022216

Update: so I haven't weighed myself in a few days, thanks to my wonderful time of month appearing [emoji107]I guess it's a good thing since I will show a bigger loss (hopefully) I'm still on Full liquids and have eaten tomatoe Soup everyday for lunch and I'm finally over it. I'm still working on getting to 60 grams of Protein and 64oz of liquid but my little tummy is struggling. I currently am about 50 ounces of liquid and 45 G protein today, but I will get there.

I'm starting to feel better each day, and the soreness in my side is not as intense - now only if I can get comfortable enough at night so I can get a good nights sleep [emoji120]

Small NSV my clothes are getting tooooo loose, I find myself trying on multiple items just so I don't look frumpy and I put on jeans yesterday without needing to unbuckle them [emoji15] woohoooooo

I must say I am proud of my progress and can't wait until I'm cleared for high intensity workouts [emoji123]????

Update: so I haven't weighed myself in a few days, thanks to my wonderful time of month appearing I guess it's a good thing since I will show a bigger loss (hopefully) I'm still on Full liquids and have eaten tomatoe Soup everyday for lunch and I'm finally over it. I'm still working on getting to 60 grams of Protein and 64oz of liquid but my little tummy is struggling. I currently am about 50 ounces of liquid and 45 G Protein today, but I will get there.

I'm starting to feel better each day, and the soreness in my side is not as intense - now only if I can get comfortable enough at night so I can get a good nights sleep

Small NSV my clothes are getting tooooo loose, I find myself trying on multiple items just so I don't look frumpy and I put on jeans yesterday without needing to unbuckle them woohoooooo

I must say I am proud of my progress and can't wait until I'm cleared for high intensity workouts ????

Go its time..congratulations

Sent from my AQT80 using BariatricPal