Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shoe Size Dropping (NSV?) - What about you?

For a long time I was at a size US11 women's shoe, but in the two years leading up to my surgery, I often bought size 12s or even 13s just so I could fit them width-wise. Because of this, I am not EXACTLY sure how big my foot actually was at my highest weight.

About 4 months after surgery (last March) I was measured for a new pair of running shoes for a 5k I was doing. By that point I'd already lost over 100 lbs from my starting weight and was measured at an 11 (10.5 on one foot, even 11 on the other). I recently needed shoes for a new job (second job) and realized I'd bought shoes that were just too big. I asked the clerk at payless if I could be measured and she measured me at a 10, (9.5 on one foot, 10 on the other). So I've dropped a whole shoe size in both feet AT THE VERY LEAST, possibly more. I'm still about 100 lbs from goal weight, so it may be possible that I could drop to a 9.5 or even a 9 before all of this is through.

I am just curious -- how many shoe sizes have other people lost?? It is really nice not to be in an 11 anymore because it is really hard to find shoes that are bigger than a 10, but even 10s can be challenging depending on the store! Definitely one of my favorite shopping related NSVs.

With each of my 4 pregnancies I went up 1/2 size going from an 8 to a 10. With my new weight loss I hope to be a 9 when I get to goal.

I went from a 9 wide to 8 1/2 narrow.

Me too! I went from an 11 to a 10 in the first 6 months which is amazing since they rarely make the "cute shoes" above a 10! :-)

I was a 7.5 pre surgery now I am a 6.5 or 7. 155 pounds lost!

YES! Me too! I thought I was the only one! I used to need a 10W or 9.5WW, but now I'm fitting into 8.5 regular shoes, no extra wide sizes needed. I can even wear heels and girly shoes. It one point, I only wore men's sneakers because my feet were so wide.

My watch is also really loose now and I need to go get the links tightened.

Haha. Yup, I went from a 10 to a 9. I found out I no longer fit in my current shoes when I kept walking out of them in Chicago on a business trip. Down town Chicago is no fun when you can't walk ten feet without your shoes falling off. ???? needless to say I went shopping when I got home.

Nope.

Still a 14-E

Sigh...still a size 11 women's here...

I like being an 11 as long as I don't need a narrow. I can find shoee easy at Nordstrom and Saks. Last night however, I was trying on shoes at Norstrom and in some brands i can wear a 10.5. I feel it is impossible for me the smaller than a 10 because that is the size I wore at 140 lbs. I want to be a 10 or an 11 because a 10.5 might as well be a 13, nothing but drama.

My feet used to swell a lot but now i am on a pill that has stopped that, so it isn't all weight loss some is Fluid reduction. I used to get 12W to accomodate rhe swelling but i don't think I will ever need a wide again.

I was SO hoping for this but no such luck. Still size 11, but they do fit slightly better.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using BariatricPal

Hi, I am a little over 2 months post op and I too went from a 9 to 8.5. I hadn't been 8.5 since high school so I thought my feet had just grown, but nope. It was the weight.

Luckily I can still wear some of my 9's with the thicker socks I wear now because of being cold. haha.

I am hoping I can still pull of my size 9 sandals this summer because I have tons of them!

I've been dropping shoe sizes as well. Most of my life I have been 9.5-10.0 and now I am around 8.5-9.0. It's so weird since the majority of my life I was skinny and when I gained a bunch of weight I never went up in size.