Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Fitness Tracker do you use?

I used to have a fit bit one that I clipped to my bra but found that it was terrible at tracking my steps and calories. Now that I'm just about to have my surgery I'd like to get another one but I'm not sure which one to go for. I'd really like one that could accurately track the calories I burn in a day. What does everyone use? Does it seem to track well?

I use 2..

Withings because it's a watch too and I like being able to look at my wrist without pressing a button to see the the time. I also have their scale that automatically syncs to the app on my phone.

Polar - because I have the HR monitor too and I feel it more accurately displays my calories burned because it keeps track of my HR during my exercising

I have Garmin Vivofit which I love

Great question. I had a Fitbit One, which suddenly stopped working. I contacted their customer service, which I had heard was amazing, and they refused to replace it :(

So I am on the hunt for something else. I am not sure that I am sold on something that I wear on my wrist. I always hated wearing watches and this seems like it would be a similar feel. (Although maybe when my wrists are skinnier it won't bother me as much?! lol)

I have an Apple Watch. I highly recommend it if you have an iPhone. Although I know it can be pricey.

I have a fit bit flex and LOVE it!! I had it for about 3 months and ordered a new band for it and somehow I didn't notice when the clasp opened and it fell off while walking. I called fit bit to see if maybe they had a way to track it or even offer a discount on a new one and they straight out sent me a brand new one complimentary! My sister had an issue with her fit bit flex not holding a charge very long after about a year of owning it and she called Fit Bit and they sent her a complimentary replacement also. Great company!

I have a fitbit Charge HR. A study was conducted on these devices and the Garmin VivoFit was the most accurate. It is also good because you can get it wet. I like my Charge HR. I wanted the heart rate aspect of it and it is accurate enough for me. It syncs to My Fitness Pal and is easy to use.

I have a Garmin Vivofit 2. I love it. It is Water proof and you can even swim with it. That was one of my requirements of my tracker. Its a wrist one with a clock, which I love.

pam

I had a Fitbit One, loved it for a long time, and lost it. This was recently replaced with a Fitbit Charge HR. It accurately tracks my steps, is very easy to use, and has heart rate monitoring. I wasn't thrilled about a Bracelet but am really liking the device as it pushes me to be much more active.

I use Garmin Vivofit 2. My surgery was 3/4/16- my username is Adeliao, if anyone is interested in becoming buddies. I welcome any and all motivation to get me up & moving.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have a Microsoft Band 2 and love it. It's a great combination of fitness features and a few smart watch features. I first bought an Apple Watch, but it didn't suit my needs, as it had many smart watch features but too few fitness features.

Definitely looking for a clip on, I do not like anything on my wrists, lol!

And one that does not require a smart phone. Possibly to link to my PC, but if it doesn't need to, that's better as internet is limited here.

Do any of the devices take into account ht, wt, age, gender, etc...

Do they all have reminders to move & be active? Set daily goals?

I'm sure they all count steps & calories. Do they figure cals burned on a treadmill & recumbant bike based on speed, tension & incline? What about calories burned while strength training?

How accurate do you all find them to be?

I had a Fitbit charge HR which I really liked, but am trying the Fitbit blaze now since it looks more like a watch and you can change out the band