Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Cow! - NSV

So we had this dinner in our community for the Fire Department (My hubby is on the department). Anyway I wanted to wear something nice so I went shopping and picked out some Miss Me Skinny Jeans and a super cute top to wear. The sales lady was super supportive and helped me pick the right size of jeans (hey, I'm not in my 20s anymore and I have no idea what all these weird sizes are)

Anyway, I got home with my size 29 jeans and proceeded to do laundry and pick up the house. While folding my step-daughter's clothes I noticed that her skinny jeans from Miss Me are a size 28 and she is a tiny stick figure. I can hardly believe that we are only one size apart in jeans. It sort of blows my mind a little bit. So knowing that I had to go online and do a size comparison and found out that I am now a size 7/8. That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. In my eyes I still feel like I am a size 16/18 but I guess in the world of Miss Me I am a 7/8. Heck, I'll take it any day of the week!

PS - Rocked the party :)

Love it! Thats a great NSV moment!! I had my surgery in Aug too. Ive had a couple of times where I was folding laundy and accidently put my size 10 jeans in my 16 year old daughters pile!! Its an amazing feeling to be that small now! Cheers to us!

Yay!

I love this!!! And at the same time it completely blows my mind. I am so excited to reach that part of my journey. It seems so unreachable at this point. But I know I can do it!!

How fun for you... Did you tell your daughter? I got a large sweats from Old navy and my kid took them out of the laundry and complained they stretched out.... Ooops... they are mine :)

WOW!!! And CONGRATS!!! I know and understand what a GREAT feeling it is to be in AWE when you realize that you and your daughter are wearing the same size. At the beginning of this school year, when my daughter and I were out shopping, we stopped at the Guess store to buy new jeans. We ended up buying the exact same jeans, at the exact same size; the only difference that mine are regular length and hers are short. I was in ABSOLUTE disbelief.

Anyway, congrats on your AMAZING NSV!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches