Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too little? Not losing weight...

I'm seven months out. I was 256 and am down to 195. I eat about six times a day. Egg for Breakfast. Beef jerry for snack with baby bell cheese. chicken breast for lunch. Trail mix for snack. Then usually more chicken for dinner. I'm eating about 900 calories to 1100 calories a day. I kick box and do yoga about three times a week. And 30 min elliptical twice a week. And I can't seem to drop any more weight...... Help!

For that activity level, yes you sound like you're eating too little food. Should add in some healthy veggies and complex carbs in moderation (like Beans, lentils?).

I'd shoot for at least 1200-1400 calories for a few weeks and see what happens.

You also should be aware that you might be dropping fat and building muscle - and you won't see that register on a scale. If you're not measuring, how are your clothes fitting? One pound of fat is much larger/bulkier than one pound of muscle...

Edited by FrankiesGirl

Where are you with Protein and Water? Are you meeting your daily goals? Trail mix doesn't seem like the greatest option for a snack, but if you are having it right before a work out, then it might be okay, as it is good to get in a few carbs to fuel a workout. It's natural to experience some stalls and weight loss does slow down a lot as you get closer to goal. At seven months out I was only losing about 6 pounds a month and then it slowed down to more like 2-4 pounds a month.

I swim five hours a week and was advised by the nutritionist to add complex carbs (sweet potatoes, squash, lentils, Beans, peas etc) and make sure I was getting 1200 calories per day to support my activity level.

Thanks! I should clarify.. The trail mix in dried cranberries, cherries, pumpkin seeds and almonds. No chocolate *sad face* I guess I've been terrified of carbs so I avoid them..... Besidea the baby bell cheese... Any good protien shakes or powder you recommend...? I usually have to choke it down. I hate protien shakes.

I don't do shakes anymore. Haven't since the day I was cleared for solid foods, because I was sooooo over them by then. Plus once I was all healed up and didn't have any restriction while drinking, I felt like shakes didn't fill me up. I eat Protein Bars when I need to supplement Protein. I started with Quest Bars, but they changed one of their main ingredients and don't agree with me AT ALL anymore, so I switched to Combat Crunch. Not sure I would recommend Combat Crunch to someone who is still in the weight loss phase though, as they are a little higher in carbs and sugar than the Quest Bars were.

I don't do shakes anymore. Haven't since the day I was cleared for solid foods, because I was sooooo over them by then. Plus once I was all healed up and didn't have any restriction while drinking, I felt like shakes didn't fill me up. I eat Protein bars when I need to supplement protein. I started with Quest Bars, but they changed one of their main ingredients and don't agree with me AT ALL anymore, so I switched to Combat Crunch. Not sure I would recommend Combat Crunch to someone who is still in the weight loss phase though, as they are a little higher in carbs and sugar than the Quest Bars were. Thank you! I do quest bars as well..... Like twice a week... They don't agree with me either.... I'll keep looking around and keep combat Crunch on my back pocket for later! Thanks again.

I'm seven months out. I was 256 and am down to 195. I eat about six times a day. Egg for breakfast. Beef jerry for snack with baby bell cheese. chicken breast for lunch. Trail mix for snack. Then usually more chicken for dinner. I'm eating about 900 calories to 1100 calories a day. I kick box and do yoga about three times a week. And 30 min elliptical twice a week. And I can't seem to drop any more weight...... Help!

Are you reaching your Protein target?

Have you talked to your NUT?

I agree with others, if you are exercising strenuously, you might not be eating enough. But, your NUT is in the best position to determine if you are or aren't and how best to reach your goals.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@becca1281 I have a new favourite Protein shake. I mix one danactive yogurt drink, a scoop of vanilla Protein Powder and three quarters of a cup of fresh orange juice together with ice and blend it - it tastes like a creamsicle. So yummy!

Not sure why the site is putting links to my Protein mentions (I'm not recommending any single brand of protein)

Edited by Madmax68

@@becca1281 I have a new favourite Protein shake. I mix one danactive yogurt drink, a scoop of vanilla Protein Powder and three quarters of a cup of fresh orange juice together with ice and blend it - it tastes like a creamsicle. So yummy!

Not sure why the site is putting links to my Protein mentions (I'm not recommending any single brand of protein)

Be careful with the orange juice.< /p>

If you like that flavor you might like the GNC Lean 25 Orange Cream. It's one of my favorites.

@becca1281 I have a new favourite Protein shake. I mix one danactive yogurt drink, a scoop of vanilla Protein powder and three quarters of a cup of fresh orange juice together with ice and blend it - it tastes like a creamsicle. So yummy!

Do you have a count on the calories and sugar in that? My nut gave me a limit on the amount of sugar my shakes were allowed to have.