Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV + "oh my goodness" moment!

Hello All! Ok so today I spent all day at my daughters Winter guard competitions. I posted a picture on FB talking about how I was the "glam mom" for the team (hair & makeup). After posting this picture my inbox BLEW up! I guess a lot of people haven't seen me since I've lost the weight. I don't normally post full body pictures. I got called "tiny" and "amazing". TINY! I had to go back and look at the picture again. It's like I'm just now seeing my new self for the first time. I'm starting to see what everyone else sees. It's the weirdest feeling! I don't think I'm "tiny"' but compared to the 267 lbs I was last year I see what they are saying. I also noticed I need a butt! Lol that's the "oh my goodness" moment. Where did it go?! My tush literally hurt sitting in the bleachers all day. I kept having to switch from cheek to cheek. I started getting paranoid thinking people are going to think I have hemorrhoids the way I keep moving but no! It's the bones in my butt that don't have that fat cushioning! So I had a NSV and a painful realization all in one! Now what do I tell these people. One I was honest with because she's a rather big girl and I didn't want to feed her some lie and get her hopes up. The others I said thank you and avoided the question. I don't mind telling overweight people but I don't like telling my skinny friends. I'm not sure why that is but I just don't feel the need to elaborate with them. Anyway just thought I'd share. Share yours if you have one! I posted the picture below , not the greatest but a 6 year old took it sooooo... The other is my super proud guard mom picture living on coffee and sour rainbow straws. Can't be good all the time!

post-237766-0-15182100-1454821809_thumb.jpeg

post-237766-0-89817000-1454821984_thumb.jpeg

Congratulations! You look (and sound) awesome.

I love to hear about NSVs that involve living life. It sounds like you are doing just that.

@@Inner Surfer Girl Thank you girl! I'm way more out going now! I love being involved with the school ect... I was never like this before.

Oh AND I was telling someone else this too but last week I had another NSV! Those dang bleachers. Back when I was fat there is NO WAY I would try to squeeze my big self past people on those things. Now I have no problem walking my skinny no butt having a** right past them to get a good seat! Right down the middle! Not one shit given!

Y'know, there's a relatively inexpensive solution to the no-butt problem.

Same as Victoria's Secret solutions for the deflated boob area:

465Silicone_Buttock_Pad_HSK04__s.jpg

They work. They really do. ;)

@@Elode you are rocking the results and looking wonderful. Absolutely rocking it !!!

Well done, lady, very well done. Enjoy that candy. :D

@@VSGAnn2014 that is too funny.

@@VSGAnn2014 ha! I've thought about it! I'm also thinking "butt lift" surgery or fat transfer whatever....it's for my own good! Medically necessary!!!!

@@Dub Thank you! As are you my friend! I I thought about not using this picture but then I though oh well! I eat candy! I eat "bad" things or whatever you want to call them. I'm normal, I'm not perfect and I'm still at goal. I was a busy mom yesterday. I took what I could get!

That's fantastic!! Congrats!

I've already got the sore butt thing going on and I'm not even close to goal. ????

Yep. You're tiny.

????

Congratulations!

As a side note, I did color guard as well as winter guard in High School and still miss it! It's a wonderful sport!!

Um, a few years later! Lol

Re the butt enhancer concept ....

Once upon a time I'd have just blown up my skinny ass with multiple sets of heavy-weight breathing squats.

But now that I'm 70 years old with bad knees, that ain't gonna happen.

When you get to be my age and are blissfully hooked up with a husband who thinks your butt looks great at any size, you're willing to lie your ass off (or back on) to everybody else.

P.S. Hubby thinks it's hilarious!

@@Elode

Oh, my dear Elode... sit down, this is going to be a shocker.

Now, I don't usually give this kind of news over the internet, but I don't really have any other avenues for it at the moment.

Are you sitting yet? Maybe get a nice glass of wine. Something soothing.

Turn the lights down a litte.

Maybe put on some soft music.

Okay?

Yes?

Ready?

GIRL, YOU ARE TINY!

@@Nurse_Lenora I LOVE it and I may or may not get all teary eyed when people are performing. I don't even know why?! It's just so beautiful! I told my son (6) my allergies where messing with me and in his loud mouth ways he says "no mom you're crying!" Why do I even take him?!