Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couple of food questions :)

ok so i am getting ready to start soft foods on Tuesday (YAY! FINALLY) but i actually have a few questions about future foods. at what point did you eat pickles? i would assume with them having the skin i would wait until right about the last stage to add them in but just curious.

also, when checking packaging and such for carb count do you just go by regular carbs or net carbs?? when i get to that stage, i would occasionally like to add in a Protein tortilla for a meal with meat and cheese. i was looking at tortillas today and found two options and one has a little less total carbs but the other only has a few net carbs. just want to choose the right option! and yes i understand this phase is not what i am on or fixing to start but i just wanted to ask while i was thinking about it!!! :) thanks in advance!

Are you able to easily get all of your Protein in each day? I am asking because I wasn't able to get all my Protein in easily each day through real food until about 3 months. While things like tortillas sound good, you might find they are really hard on your new sleeve and take up room that you need for you protein. Even a protein tortilla.

right now i am doing well but of course i am still on liquids until tuesday. i was just wondering when the time comes, which is the best to get. i am not really planning on adding in any tortillas for weeks still maybe more but i had time to kill at the grocery store today and it made me wonder.

most curious about the pickles though as i would want a piece with my tuna salad in a few weeks when i try that but didn't know how the "skin" is tolerated

I would say take small bites and see if you tolerate it. I remember being afraid to eat salads until told and wow! Was easily eating salads. Not much we cannot eat with the sleeve.

I am a pickle addict, not just that ... a fermented foods addict. I am most looking forward to the day I can have my kraut and fermented pickles again.

I have peeled my pickles before (at a time when I had to eat soft foods) with a potato peeler, and the pickle was still delicious!

Just a thought!

I would chop up the pickles for your tuna and you should be fine. I think you'll be shocked at how little you'll be able to eat. I can only get about 1/4-1/2 cup max, I'm almost 4 weeks out.

I hadn't really even thought about it much until the NUT mentioned some people put their chicken/tuna salad on a pickle to save the cracker carbs. Sounded good!

That is great that you get to start on Tues.! My surgery was Jan. 25 and I still have to wait until Feb. 15 until soft foods...and I so want to eat real food! Keep us posted on how it goes...

ok so i am getting ready to start soft foods on Tuesday (YAY! FINALLY) but i actually have a few questions about future foods. at what point did you eat pickles? i would assume with them having the skin i would wait until right about the last stage to add them in but just curious.

also, when checking packaging and such for carb count do you just go by regular carbs or net carbs?? when i get to that stage, i would occasionally like to add in a Protein tortilla for a meal with meat and cheese. i was looking at tortillas today and found two options and one has a little less total carbs but the other only has a few net carbs. just want to choose the right option! and yes i understand this phase is not what i am on or fixing to start but i just wanted to ask while i was thinking about it!!! :) thanks in advance!

I'll keep y'all updated. I am SO ready to move on to move than drinks but I am also a little nervous! Starting Tuesday morning with a scrambled egg