Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No idea. If it's constant it could be some trapped air that you'll have to wait to come out. If it comes and goes it could be how fast/much liquid you're taking in. Talk to your surgeon if you're concerned though. I get an odd feeling in my stomach every so often, and when I swallow something too, and I had my surgery on the 2nd. It could simply be your body adjusting.

Edited by perforce

I get a pain there if I eat or drink too fast. Do you usually have it while eating or drinking or is it random?

I'm 2.5 weeks out and had this a lot in my first week(ish). I spoke to my surgeons office and they said it was completely normal. In most cases it's gas, but could also be due to drinking too fast or too big of sips. I don't have that feeling anymore, and hopefully you won't either! Nothing made it better for me so I don't have any advice besides just get through that first week. I'm dealing with a lot of nausea right now, but my week two has been much better than week one.

I have this pain in between my chest right in the middle it only last for a few seconds or so

What is this and why?

I had/have something similar with gas pains. It's a sharp pain in my lower chest. Sometimes just below the breast bone, but sometimes all the way up to my shoulders. Right after surgery when I was so pumped full of gas I had that and muscle spasms around the incisions that gave me this sharp but distant ache in the same place.

I got really lucky in that I have had no gas pain at all. Which is weird because I've had lots of actual gas.

I got really lucky in that I have had no gas pain at all. Which is weird because I've had lots of actual gas.

Same here on the no gas pains.

I suppose it's common for air/gas to remain trapped in the body as they are puffing in there during surgery to better see and create space to work. I was very fortunate not to experience this.

I have no idea why there'd be actual flatulence. Never had that, either. Maybe it's the meds that are used ?

No idea, but I'm burping a lot too, so there's obviously gas happening, it just doesn't hurt. Luckily I was in a private room, but I'll have to be more careful on the plane tomorrow...