Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! Since December 22, 2015, I have not had anything bad to eat. Only Protein Shakes, lean Protein, dairy, and veggies. Today is three and half weeks post surgery and I had a Hershey Kiss and two spoonfuls of ice cream. I feel like such a failure. I just wanted it so bad. I have been having headaches the last few days and just had to have it. Now, I am so guilt ridden.

Oh my goodness! If that is the worst you do then you are going to have great success!!!!! You will anyway :). Not that big of a deal. Just not something you want to do all the time though. Don't be hard on yourself, just learn and keep your goals in sight.

Ok, give yourself a break. We all slip, the important thing is that you recognize it and get back on track.

Incidentally, was it as good as you imagined? Ice cream used to be my weakness and now I really do not care if I ever have it again. Same think with anything milk chocolate.

For me when I want something sweet it's all about cheesecake. I have it every once in a while just to keep me satisfied. Then I find I don't have many slips. I give myself permission, I track it so I know how to adjust the rest of the day. Then I don't feel so guilty.

Take a deep breath, pull up your boot straps and get back to business. You will do great!

Please forgive yourself. You are not a failure - you are human. It will happen again, because you will still be human next time. Don't let it throw off your entire plan.

Like @ said....you're human. We all slip up and just have to move on from it. If this is the worst that you do in your journey...I commend you.

the key is too occasionally treat yourself (within reason) so that you don't overindulge. As every else has said, we're all just human. You can't be a perfect robot forever. Cut yourself some slack, and get back on the wagon. :)

Thanks for the support. The Hershey kiss was not as good as I expected, but the ice cream was heavenly! :) Back on track today!

No dumping? I thought any sugar would bring on dumping?

I am surprised too! I haven't had any dumping or issues. Once I ate dinner and then took a sip of Water. That was awful since it came right up. But there was no reaction from the chocolate and ice cream. Maybe because I only had a little?

Not everyone gets dumping. My mom had the surgery and doesnt get it, I haven't tried anything that will cause it because im scared. I hope I have it just to keep me in check.

i'm not eating any sweets (my downfall) because i am ASSUMING i will dump. I don't want to test it to find out!

I feel like it's a lose lose situation either way. 1. I dump from sweets or 2. I don't and know I can eat them and fall back in my old habits. I think the second option scares me more. So I just stay away.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!! I have either a sugar free popsicle or a Skinny Cow no sugar added ice cream sandwich most every night - and still losing!

I feel like it's a lose lose situation either way. 1. I dump from sweets or 2. I don't and know I can eat them and fall back in my old habits. I think the second option scares me more. So I just stay away.

Amen @lifeofblair...I feel the same will be for me, if I go back to eating sweets. My wife asked if I would allow my favorite baker (friend of the family) to make my favorite pound cake using Splenda...the young lady was sleeved and makes a cake every week...I don't know how she does it--she says it's therapeutic. She even makes cakes for a friend, but they are diabetic-friendly. I'm too afraid to open myself up to anything sweet when it's been a lifelong struggle.