Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does any one get tons of emotions after surgery?

So I had my surgery February 1st. First day or two. I was miserable totally regretting it all because I couldn't drink Water like I wanted too lol. I have been high and low some times I'm happy others I just want to cry. Has anyone experienced this. I feel so alone.

So I had my surgery February 1st. First day or two. I was miserable totally regretting it all because I couldn't drink Water like I wanted too lol. I have been high and low some times I'm happy others I just want to cry. Has anyone experienced this. I feel so alone.

The Second Week all I wanted to do was cry. I felt like I was doing it all wrong!

Yep I did big time. I felt totally alone and isolated. However now at 4 months out and 77lbs down I feel great! ???? it will get better!!

i remember vividly saying to my wife that i ahd screwed up and getting very emotional. wishing i hadnt had it done etc. now id like to go back and show myself what the results would be lol, just hang in there, youll make it! and trust me it is wonderful

Keep busy. The emotions come with the surgery, do I remember those early tears lol!!!! It does pass, thank goodness!!!

Thanks you guys. You are definitely lifting my spirits. Just hoping these emotions past super fast lol. I'm glad you both are doing good from your experience. ????☺️

Absolutely! And it's partly chemical... As your body releases fat, it releases hormones and toxins stored in the fat tissue and that can make us kinda crazy for a while. Good news is, it passes. Hang in there.

I cried a LOT in those early days. First of all, it's just physically pretty miserable. Second of all, hormones are stored in fat and as that fat breaks down, they get released back into your bloodstream. So you will definitely experience mood swings and intense emotions from the hormones.

Oh girl. I was a mess. I totally regretted the surgery, craved nachos, and just had a general feeling of "what did I just do to myself?" It is normal, and it will pass! I am 2 months post op and have not felt this happy in a long time. You are in a kind of shock right now, and just flow with it and know it will pass. You will eat normal food again. You will feel good again, actually, you will feel great! You have so much more freedom in your future. Patience is key in the beginning.

Thanks all of you for your kind words and positivity. You have definitely helped. I was feeling very alone and now I'm not. So thank you so very much.

Thanks all of you for your kind words and positivity. You have definitely helped. I was feeling very alone and now I'm not. So thank you so very much.

Of course you're not alone--not with all of us rooting for you! I have always been an advocate of a good cry. I think it is good for body and soul. We cry at weddings, when a baby is born, when our children graduate and of course at times when we are in pain--mentally or physically.

I believe that crying cleanses the body and the spirit. My grandmother used to say that her eyes were "leaking".

Go ahead and give it all you got, girlfriend. I bet you'll feel better.

Feel better and let us know how you're doing!

Of course you're not alone--not with all of us rooting for you! I have always been an advocate of a good cry. I think it is good for body and soul. We cry at weddings, when a baby is born, when our children graduate and of course at times when we are in pain--mentally or physically.

I believe that crying cleanses the body and the spirit. My grandmother used to say that her eyes were "leaking".

Go ahead and give it all you got, girlfriend. I bet you'll feel better.

Feel better and let us know how you're doing!

Thank you. ☺️

I had my surgery Feb 1st too. At first I felt like I had allowed my body to be mutated, had doubts, the anesthesia messed with my thinking and my vision the first week. Luckily I had read that all that was normal and would pass( lots of YouTube videos talk about early regret). Now I feel much better. Super low energy though, and that Water intake stuff is such an effort, lol! I love my tiny tummy and feel I have been given a gift.