Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In preparing for surgery, every evening consists of research for me. Whether it be browsing threads on BP, watching videos on YouTube (actual surgeries & success stories, etc) , following WLS people on Instagram for meal and excercise ideas, watching My 600 lb Life, and now Fat Doctor.

I just have to say- Fat Doctor hits home the most for me. Dr. Summers is my favorite part of it all! His outlook on obese patients is heartfelt. I absolutely love to listen to him talk about the obese and what contributed to their weight gain. He also discusses how society views "fat people" and the prejudice they experience. Fat shaming is a real thing and I know we have all experienced it on at least one occasion. I guess I respect this doctor more because I have been to doctors who chalked excercise and dieting up to being a cake walk and not understanding my lack of success or believing that I was fully dedicated to the program. I have PCOS and while I don't blame it 100% for my weight, it does play a significant role in my inability to lose weight. My younger brother who pitches in the minor league (very fit & healthy) thought something similar about me and my efforts. So when he was home in the off season last year, we walked every morning, went grocery shopping and cooked together (meal prepped for the entire week). He quickly realized that my body did not react to clean eating and excercise like it should and changed his entire perception. For the record, he was always loving and never disrespectful when addressing my weight. He just thought that I did not know how to determine exactly what my body needed to succeed. So, it's nice to see that Summers recognizes that there are multiple factors.

I highly recommend this show to everyone! I watch it on Hulu and I'm on season 3 out of...6 I believe? It truly does show the good, the bad and the ugly (and I mean...the UGLY). It's filmed in England so it took me a quick second to get used to "stones" over "pounds."

Oh....and it doesn't hurt that Dr. Summers is nice on the eyes ;)

@@heather5565 maybe! I haven't actually looked though!! Hulu is $8.00 a month and you can upgrade to $11.00 a month for no commercials, if you're interested. Totally worth it and it offers quite a variety from what Netflix does.

I just searched and Netflix didn't pull any results -_-

Heyyyyy....didn't even think of that @@wannaBthinsoon ! Good thinkin! :)

Did you watch them?

I found full episodes on youtube as well but have yet to watch them. I looks really good though.

I had never heard of " Fat Doctor" until I saw it on BP. I found the episodes on You Tube as well and started watching them about a month ago. I like them but I wish he would feature some patients who have had VSG surgery but now I think about it I think he only does bypass surgeries. He is very compassionate and nonjudgmental towards the morbidly obese. Wish there were more of him in the world...

I had never heard of " Fat Doctor" until I saw it on BP. I found the episodes on You Tube as well and started watching them about a month ago. I like them but I wish he would feature some patients who have had VSG surgery but now I think about it I think he only does bypass surgeries. He is very compassionate and nonjudgmental towards the morbidly obese. Wish there were more of him in the world...

Yes! Compassionate is the perfect word to describe him.

I have seen him do the lap band a handful of times, but primarily the bypass. I wonder if VSG isn't practiced over there yet with how new it is in comparison? Now I'm intrigued.

It certainly did shock me to see him perform the procedures as open surgeries until the 3rd season when he finally switched to laproscopic.

@@sassyfrass23

Thanks!

I have never seen fat doctor before.I love this series. Oh yes, he is easy on the eyes

You're more than welcome @@jenn1 !

I wouldn't mind if my surgeon was that attractive. Maybe then I wouldnt dread the monthly appointments as much. ???? haha!

This show really prepped me for surgery. I knew what to look for in a doctor. What to expect and also that success depends on the person not the type of surgery. I wish it had more seasons.

This show really prepped me for surgery. I knew what to look for in a doctor. What to expect and also that success depends on the person not the type of surgery. I wish it had more seasons.

I concur 100%! Do you know if it's still filming?