Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Plastics time! Tell me everything!

I finally have a consult set up for next Wednesday with a plastic surgeon. I'm going in for a lift with implants and possible Tummy Tuck. I need all the information I can get before I go. I want DD implants. I've always had big boobs and I want those puppies back! Soooo if you've had them done tell me how it went. How painful was it? Are you happy with the results? Did you go under the muscle or on top? Cost? Anything I should ask the surgeon? Did you have a combo like what I'm considering? I've read through some post but it's easier to just make my own. Thank you for any knowledge you could share. I'm excited and beyond ready!

How exciting!! I had a Tummy Tuck and the doctor told me that it's best to get the implants in the same surgery. It's cheaper and you don't notice the discomfort of the implants as much because the tummy tuck is a little more uncomfortable. I opted for just the tummy tuck (this was around 6 years ago) and when I lost my weight this time, those beautiful abs were still under there. I'm actually very close to having a 6-pack. You will be very pleased with the tummy tuck. If you're a belly sleeper, that will change though. They really tighten those abs.

Oh, ask if they use epidural analgesia for pain control. I think that's what it's called. I had it after my sleeve. It was a thin line inserted into my abdomen hooked to a bulb of pain medicine that slowly provided pain medication over approximately a week. It worked very well. Once it was empty I just pulled it out (you don't feel it). I remember wishing they had that when I had my tummy tuck. It would have helped so much.

@@*Lexie* wonderful! I'm going to ask that. I'm more excited about the boobs than anything. I'm not sure about the TT. I want it, I think but it depends on how much the two will cost together. My stomach doesn't bother me as much as my boobs being gone though. Well you can't tell in a shirt as pictured from yesterday but that's just a good bra. I want that but with out having all that. Under there is not pretty. My husband is on board but he doesn't see why I want them so bad. It's a girl thing I guess

post-237766-0-02998600-1454434522_thumb.jpeg

@@Elode Victoria's Secret is that it really only has to cost $50 for the girls to look good. LOL I wish I would have gotten the implants at the same time but I had enough money saved for just the Tummy Tuck and didn't want to go into debt for plastic surgery. If your stomach doesn't bother you that much, then you may want to skip that surgery. You'll have a scar from hip to hip. It's really low and fades quite a bit but it's still there for the rest of your life.

I'd really like a thigh lift now but that surgery is really scary to me. The recovery seems like it could be rough and I don't want to risk being inactive for that long. I think being active really helps me prevent regaining weight. So I just wear skinny jeans and my legs look great in those.

@@Elode - how is your mouth doing??? Sorry I haven't been on BP a lot recently and probably missed an update.

@@*Lexie* It's amazing what clothes can do. I have so VS bras. The best one I have is the new spanxs bra. It's expensive, I think I paid 76 bucks for it but it's really good! The problem is the gap on the inside where there's no skin. It doesn't fill the cup out anymore. I need that volume back. Thigh lift is out for me. The scars are huge from what I've seen so if I had them I wouldn't show my legs anyway. Same with the TT. I'm still not going to show my stomach more than likely. I'm still debating on that. I guess it will come down to cost.

@@jane13 It's opening! I have a picture. Sorry I know it's not pretty but that's why I'm fixing it! The funny thing is you can't even tell my teeth are messed up unless I open my mouth, throw my head back and show people. It's another one of those things I'm doing for myself. All of this is for me. Not for anyone else's. It's all things that I want fixed for my own peace of mind. The picture is (left) one months progress and the (right) was the day I had it put on. I'm pretty excited about it since I had about a 10% chance of it working.

post-237766-0-08125700-1454437858_thumb.jpeg

It's going to be a long process. I will have braces put on soon to Finnish pulling everything outward

I'm glad I could put my whole mouth on display for everyone and their mother to see lol! Whatever I have no shame!

Hi ladies....I'm going in for my TT on Monday...can you give me an idea of your recovery time...how long did you have to wear the compression garment, how long before you could walk around normally? What did you use for scar creme? Did you lose any weight after the surgery? I'm dissapointed that I am not at goal for this...am 5 lbs over.

I don't have a lot of hanging extra skin but I do have a very bulging tummy...I'm a little nervous but I had a breast reduction done 2 years ago and I am SO happy with the results! That I just think I will feel so much better with this. Any other tips will be very appreciated.

@@Elode my daughters friend had to sport one of those, she was skinny to begin with and it was painful to look at when she had to crank it every night - OUCH!

@@Queen of Crop Congratulations! Exciting! Of course I have nothing to offer in the way of answering any of your questions but still...yay!!!

@@jane13 They are usually just for kids but we wanted to try it. It's has never hurt turning it. I was waiting for the pain but nothing. It's fully expanded now. I can't turn it anymore. Trust me I tried. I have my appointment next Wednesday so hopefully we can move on to the braces.

@@Queen of Crop My recovery was rough but I have issues with pain medication so most of my problems were due to that. I get really sick on pain meds, like I have the flu and throwing up frequently after having abdominal surgery is not good. So keep that in mind when I say my recovery was rough. I have friends who said recovery was really easy. I was down for a good 3 weeks. I went back to work after a week but I was moving slow.

They didn't tell me how long to wear the compression garment. I wore it for at least a month. It made me feel better. Those muscles have all been cut and it felt uncomfortable to not have the support of the compression garment. Eventually I started sleeping without it and then got rid of it altogether.

I used Madera scar cream. My scar is very thin and pretty light. Unfortunately I did not lose weight after surgery. I think all the sitting around during recovery worked against me. I couldn't eat for at least 2 weeks and I still didn't lose weight. But there's a lot of swelling for the first few months so that impacts your weight temporarily.

Best of luck, once you heal you will be very pleased with your results. My stomach looks better than it did in high school.