Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintenance Question

For those that did get to their goal weight and are now in maintenance, how much weight did you gain back from your lowest weight ever to your "maintaining" weight?

(My lowest average was 118, I have been maintaining at 120-123- I follow low-carb and been trying intermitten fasting")

Hey Rayjun Cayjun -- My wife's from NOLA, so I'm a Cajun-in-law. I reached my initial goal of 154 last February (10 months after surgery), over-shot my stretch goal last April to 142, and gained back up to my new goal weight of 145 in May. In October I bumped up 3-4 pounds, but knocked it back off by Thanksgiving. Since then, I've maintained within a pound or two, either direction. It sounds like you and I on the same trajectory. I eat all the time, just not carbs or sugar. Nothing else (fat or calories) seems to matter. I still love me some Louisiana cookin', but I eat crawfish etouffee, seafood and andouille gumbo, and shrimp creole without the rice. I enjoy spaghetti meat sauce without the spaghetti, and seafood linguine without the linguine. Don't need rice with Chinese food, or potatoes with steak, and if I order a hamburger, I don't eat the bun or fries. I love guacamole on cheese or veggies instead of chips, and hummus on carrots. They all still fill me up, and actually have MORE flavor without the starch to absorb the sauces! And no bread pudding or King Cake either. But that's okay. I've gotten to the point where I don't miss the carbs and Desserts anymore. If I can keep this up forever -- I'll be thrilled!
Happy Mawdi Graw!!! Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!!!

Since I hit goal of 165 in August the lowest I've gotten was 160.0. This morning I was 160.2. I had a little period in September where I got back up to 167, but it turned out that was because Quest Bars hanged their main ingredient and I was experiencing TERRIBLE bloating. As soon as I switched to a different Protein Bar, I was back under 165 again.

I'm 2 years in maintenance and typically hang out within 6-10 pounds of my lowest. If it goes higher than that I adjust my intake until I'm back in the zone.

I'm 17.5 months post-op. I've been at or below goal for the last 9 months.

Started at 235, got down to 135. An even hundred pounds lost.

I weighed 136.4 this morning after a sister's birthday dinner yesterday of BBQ ribs, baked Beans, potato salad, chocolate cake and ice cream. :)

Back on the mostly Protein bandwagon today. :)

In other words, I have a long way to go. I'm learning a lot from others about how to do the right things 90% of the time, and relax and enjoy life's celebrations the other 10% of the time.

FYI, I weigh every morning. I still measure and track my food. And practice all the good eating behaviors I learned while I was losing weight.

I'll be happy anywhere between 135 and 145. :)

I hit my goal weight of 129 last April, I dropped to 126 in June, then I was right back up to 128-129 about a week later, where I stayed most of the summer. I fluctuated up to 132 and then back to 129 until Halloween where I managed to wake up November 1st at 137 pounds. I then very quickly got back on board with eating correctly and I was back to 133 by Christmas and then back to 131 by New Year and since then on an average week I usually max out at about 132.8 and then drop to about 130.2.

So...roughly at 29 months post op and 10 months at maintenance, as of this morning I was 1 pound over goal.

Weight was up 3 pounds this morning. Yikes! Too much cheese and not enough Fiber and exercise. Gonna tackle those pounds with a vengeance before they can call for reinforcements!

I'm 14 months out. I overshot my goal of 125 Now it seems I fluctuate quite a bit, from as low as 114 to 119. I've been hovering around 117-118 most of the time for about 3 months.