Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Status: (Liz5012) Hi All, I haven't been on for awhile but where else can I go for a little guidance? My weight has gone up from 142 to 155 lbs in the last four months. I had a hip revision on October 1, 2015. A revision is when they have to remove one artificial hip that has failed and replace it with a new one. The damage was more than expected, due to complications it required repair of areas including my muscles, tissue and quad. For the first three and a half months I was resting 23 out of 24 hours a day. I have been at my husband's mercy for four months with my food. No matter what I ask for he buys what he wants. He thinks he is being nice, but no matter what I say nothing works. I have been having food that I would not normally buy...prepared, breaded, minimal veggies, no sugar free, etc. I think my stomach may have stretched too. All of a sudden I can eat a full apple when I used to be able to eat a third of a regular size. My mobility has been minimal as my hip is not healing as fast as hoped. I go to Physical Therapy but am very limited. I am unable to walk great distances and am allowed to ride an exercise bike for ten minutes on level one. My gastric sleeve was done December 30, 2014 and everything was going great until this happened. I need advice how to start getting back on track with so little support. I was thinking of having Stop & Shop deliver as Whole Foods doesn't. Should I start back with liquids? I have been drinking my Protein Shake everyday. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Your husband isn't doing you any favors by bringing that kind of food into the house and preparing stuff for you that you don't want. I would get food delivered. Tell him if you gain weight your hip is going to be even worse!!!

I don't think you stretched your stomach, but you might want to do the "BACK ON TRACK" program. You can search for how to start it here on the boards. I don't suggest going back on the liquids full-time....especially if it will feel like punishment. Go back to basics....and tell your husband to GET ON BOARD!

I had thought that by doing the stages starting with Clear Liquids it would accelerate my return to proper eating habits. My thought being that by going through each stage for three days it could be a relearning tool. I will research the "BACK ON TRACK" diet as you suggested; it would simplify the process. Thank you

You might have to be very specific with what you need when sending the husband grocery shopping. My husband tries really hard to get what I want but sometimes doesn't get exactly what I want. I figured it is my fault if I am not really specific.

For example, instead of listing "chicken" on my list I list "small bag of frozen skinless boneless chicken tenders" and "perdue short cuts carved chicken breast, honey roasted. resealable pack in the prepared food section". Instead of "veggies" I will write "two bags of steam in bag publix brand broccoli florets"

This has worked for me for the most part. Is there anyone else like a family member or a close friend that can do a quick shop for you once a week or every other week? Sometimes I find that it is not that they are sabotaging but that they don't really know what we need.

I don't think you have stretched your sleeve. You are just over a year out, so it is normal to be able to eat more than you did in the beginning. I have been eating right on track for 17 months and I could eat a whole apple at one time if I tried (not that I would since that's pure carbs and wouldn't leave room for protein). Your capacity increases naturally over the first year or so and then levels off. Since you're a year out, I think you are probably right where you are supposed to be. As long as you haven't started doing things like eating and drinking at the same time, or grazing, or drinking your calories, it should be easy for you to get back on track just by improving the quality of your food.< /p>

Jamie Logical, VDLT, Margie122, Happy to say I am back on track! I have only lost two pounds so far, but being sedentary 75% of the time it is okay.

Your suggestions and comments helped me explan to my husband the problems he was causing. I printed them up, sat down with the remarks and went over them so that he could understand what serious work WLS requires. He is actually eating healthier and has lost five pounds!

Facing another surgery in the fall for the hip, but with him supporting me and following Bariatric Pal, it should be fine. Now, if I could just start really exercising...PT is great but I am still so limited. Working my way around it, though!

Thank you to you all!

look online, youtube and such for chair exercises. Even if you are sitting and only working your upper body it will help you burn calories and feel positive about what you are doing.

Very glad to hear that your hubby now gets it and is helping you in your journey and that you are beginning to turn things around again :-) With your hip, I wonder if you could join the YWCA or other club where they have aquatic exercise or aquatic physical therapy classes? With the Water carrying much of your weight, strain on joints is greatly reduced, and you also don't need to worry about falls; but moving through the Water still provides smooth resistance to allow you to get a safe workout...

Glad to hear you're doing better. Remember that even if you're sedentary, your hip is working overtime on healing. Make sure you have extra Protein so you have the tools to build new tissue as you heal.

Good luck!

Edited by 2goldengirl

Here are some descriptions of aquatic exercise classes offered at Latitude Sports Club on the North Shore, to give you some ideas...

GENTLE WATER: This class will help the participant regain or maintain balance, range of motion and everyday functional skills. Movements will be performed at a much slower pace.

WATERWORKS: This non-stressful class is designed to use the natural resistance of the Water for toning and all around good health and fitness. A fun class for all levels. 45-55 minute classes.

Water WALKING: A 45 minute low impact workout using principles of water resistance and buoyancy to strengthen leg and core muscles, thereby improving flexibility (range of motion), balance and an overall feeling of well being

Status: (Liz5012) Hi All, I haven't been on for awhile but where else can I go for a little guidance? My weight has gone up from 142 to 155 lbs in the last four months. I had a hip revision on October 1, 2015. A revision is when they have to remove one artificial hip that has failed and replace it with a new one. The damage was more than expected, due to complications it required repair of areas including my muscles, tissue and quad. For the first three and a half months I was resting 23 out of 24 hours a day. I have been at my husband's mercy for four months with my food. No matter what I ask for he buys what he wants. He thinks he is being nice, but no matter what I say nothing works. I have been having food that I would not normally buy...prepared, breaded, minimal veggies, no sugar free, etc. I think my stomach may have stretched too. All of a sudden I can eat a full apple when I used to be able to eat a third of a regular size. My mobility has been minimal as my hip is not healing as fast as hoped. I go to Physical Therapy but am very limited. I am unable to walk great distances and am allowed to ride an exercise bike for ten minutes on level one. My gastric sleeve was done December 30, 2014 and everything was going great until this happened. I need advice how to start getting back on track with so little support. I was thinking of having Stop & Shop deliver as Whole Foods doesn't. Should I start back with liquids? I have been drinking my Protein Shake everyday. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Does your PT have Water therapy available?

They do but I am not a viable candidate for Water therapy at this time. Keeping my fingers crossed that that will change soon.

BarryW, Christinamo7, 2GoldenGirl, all your reccomendations and suggestions are much appreciated. The complications from the hip revision surgery have left my range of mobility diminishing rather than improving and advancing. Thank you for the information, I will discuss this matter further with my Physical Therapist and my Doctor. As far as the Protein mentioned by 2Goldengirl, I have a whey liquid protein(42g) in the am and my whey Protein Shake at night. The Optimum Nutrition Salted Caramel flavor is my favorite and it acts as a "sweet treat" at night.

May I congratulate all of you are your weight losses!