Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regular visits to therapists, food log and this site!

OA, Bariatricpal, therapy.

A little over two years out, maintaining my weight loss since 10 months post-op.

My best tools:

1. Therapy!!

2. food routines. I have had the same Breakfast since 7 months out: scrambled egg whites with low-fat cheese and a few tablespoons of veggies mixed in. As I was able to eat more in volume, I added extra egg whites, and two strips of bacon to keep my Protein up.

3. Planning meals in advance. This helps so I always know when and what my next meal is; cuts down on mindless snacking if I know what I have to look forward to.

4. Carefully selected treats. Anyone who has worked with eating disorders knows that complete abstinence from certain foods can actually backfire and cause bingeing. I incorporate occasional treats into my week to stave off the feeling of deprivation. The rest of the week I am sugar-free and low-carb.

5. Learning to bake and cook low-carb and sugar free foods that are actually satisfying! Reducing over eating has a lot to do with the satisfaction level of our food.

A tracking tool like MFP, twice-monthly visits to a therapist and regular exercise at the local pool have kept me on point. I noticed when I stop tracking or swimming my losses slow down or stall. My therapist has helped me deal with my emotions in healthy ways rather than comforting myself with food. It all seems to be working :D

I would second the well stocked kitchen which also means what is not in there!

scale to monitor my weight weekly

A cute wardrobe and my own vanity.... ha, I don't want to look like a stuffed sausage and I don't want to buy bigger clothes.

(I am 4 years post op)

Exercise - I joined a gym and am also training for a 5k with a c25k app on my phone. I log all my exercise on a blank calendar. It motivates me to see all my activity and I hate seeing a blank spot if I dont exercise.

tracking Water and Protein on bariastic

this site! I try to come here daily for inspiration, guidance, recipes, support and so much more. I love reading the magazine articles and all the NSV momments! It keeps me motivated!

For me at 4 months out_

A food plan with matching stocked pantry

Log my food in My Fitness Pal

Support group

Bariatric Pal ( I love the challenges )

Packing my own lunch

Keeping healthy "plan B" foods in my purse, car or desk drawer

Willingness to try new foods that fit my plan

I have been using Diabetes W to track my blood sugars, carbs and insulins for my type II diabetes, which is a nice comprehensive tracking program for techies like me.

I have also been using My Fitness Pal for limited tracking of data for exercise, until recently. I have just discovered what a complete and powerful program My Fitness Pal is for tracking food and Water intake for Bariatric nutrition tracking! I really did not know how much it could do until a few weeks ago! What a great program/app it is! I am now tracking ,my weight, Water intake, exercise, meals, using the bar code scanner which plugs in all the nutrient information for the foods I eat. It really helps me see how I'm doing with out having to figure it on my own.

I recommend it highly as a free smart phone app, for keeping track of your info.