Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone interested in becoming friends? I would love to find someone who is real and supportive... Message me and we can talk.

Hi. Thanks for your post. I just joined the site a few hours ago and saw your message. I also live in NJ and am still four months pre-surgery. Have you had your surgery yet?

-- Kristen

Hello, no surgery yet my next pre op appointment we are going to discuss surgery dates. I would assume if all goes as plan maybe May. How are you doing , are you currently on a supervised diet?

Well....I'm real...that's my picture right over there! Lol

In some ways I feel that things are moving seriously quickly, but I'm trying to look at it that things are falling into place. I met with a nutritionist last week and she gave me a pretty loose diet to follow: lots of Protein, not as many carbs, etc. I've lost about 15 pounds in two weeks but I've been hungry the whole time. Very frustrating!

Are you having any luck with a supervised diet?

I am located in south jersey.... Deptford area.

Hi I'm in the Philadelphia area! Where are you planning on having your surgery?

Deeplue..... I'm on a calorie counting diet. It sucks!!! Especially on the weekends when all I want to do is binge! I've lost 8 lbs so far.

Cooper hospital.

I work in Edison and my surgery will (hopefully) happen at JFK in Edison.

I totally understand about wanting to binge! Late afternoons and weekends are pretty much prime overeating times for me, although the temptation is present all the time.

dinner tonight was pre-portioned but I didn't stop when I was full. Now my belly hurts and I am trying not to beat myself up for ignoring my body's messages. Even though everything was healthy, I still ate too much. Overeating is going to be a really hard process to break - or at least change.

you will find a lot of supportive people on this site and some not so supportive but more judgmental. Just ignore those people!

I'm in South Jersey, if by South Jersey you mean central Oklahoma. Lol I start my pre op 2 week diet the day after Valentines Day. Is it weird that THAT is what I'm dreading the most right now? Not surgery, recovery, the permanent paradigm shift in my life, but the measley 2 weeks I have to diet previous. Ha!

Edited by Dizzeepinkee

Good luck girls! I also work in Edison and lived in Middlesex county for more than 15 years before moving to NYC. I'm 3 years post WLS and am now living a normal life. It's wonderful and you ladies are in for quite an exhilarating and at times, frustrating journey. Always remember though to keep your eye on the prize. Living as a healthy and slender person is a great thing.

Pinkee, I dread just my calorie count, my mind set in regards to the liquid diet, I currently look forward to it because then there is less decision making and more of a concrete only do this diet. You will succeed at the liquid and it will suck for the first few days I am sure but you will get used to it.

Gowalking, thank you for the encouragement and congrats on your continued success!