Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast lift - just pondering, info welcome

I am only 11 weeks post op, but the sad truth is that it seems I can already tell I am going to need a breast lift. I am in my late 30s and have three kids, was morbidly obese for the last 14 years so you can imagine they weren't perky before. But now...sweet baby jesus, they just hang. There is no perk to them whatsoever. They are bodyless and lifeless. When they were still semi fat they at least had some shape. Now I kind of mush them up into something that resembles a ball when I cram them into my bra (which has decreased 2 cup sizes and 2 around the body sizes).

Any advice you can give including thoughts on just a lift or a lift with implants, prices, Mexico, and anything else would be appreciated.

I plan on waiting until I am at goal, but would like to start saving for this. Thanks in advance.

Edited by HopeandAgony

I'm following along with you. I'm at the age and stage in life where the shelf that walks into the room ahead of me is gonna deflate big time. I won't have anything left but pancakes.

I have a friend who has lost 150# and she talks about "folding 'em up and sticking them in my bra like socks".

I do know from what I've researched online that adding implants isn't uncommon - evidently once you remove the excess skin, there isn't tissue left to make them perky. As someone who is currently an H cup, the idea of needing implants is mind-boggling.

Edited by 2goldengirl

Folding them up and sticking them in my bra like socks is pretty much what I do now and I still have 50 lbs to loose. I can't even imagine what will be left by then.

I was easily a DDD, and honestly even though I wore that size it probably was to small. So now I am down to a D, but there is nothing to them except hanging flab.

I will most likely never get any other plastic surgery, but this breast thing isn't pretty. I have had a mother's apron forever...pretty much since having my kids and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as these hanging sacks on my chest.

Edited by HopeandAgony

Yah, that's where I am now. It's kind of sad, lol. But I've decided I'm going to get the girls taken care of.

I was a 44D, and am now a 34 (almost 32) B. That's with "rolling them up"! A lift won't do it for me, there's nothing left :-(

I've been collecting pics for the plastic surgeon, and researching. There's a lot to learn. For example, I thought I could walk in and say "make me a C"...nope!

If you think it's in your future, it's definitely a good idea start saving now!

What kind of pictures are you finding? Like what you want? And what do you mean you can't be cup specific? Lol. I'm so lost already.

What kind of pictures are you finding? Like what you want? And what do you mean you can't be cup specific? Lol. I'm so lost already.

It all has to do with skin elasticity and what they can salvage during a lift/implant procedure.

It all has to do with skin elasticity and what they can salvage during a lift/implant procedure.
So it's probably not really my choice if I want an implant or not? I mean, I know it's my choice, but if it leaves nothing than that's a problem too. Basically I feel like there is no substance beneath what is hanging. So I should probably look for prices with implants. Who'd have thought....

I developed very early and have always been on the large breast side. I can't believe they just deflated. So quickly. Before all my weight is gone.

Edited by HopeandAgony

I found this PS in my area who specializes in bariatric patients and he has a few dozen before and afters of various surgeries. I am going to link to the "pretty" page that is SFW, with a warning that when you click through to the individual procedures there are naked before and afters. These are seriously amazing transformations. And a lot of the patients had multiple procedures, so even though there isn't a breast section, there are a lot of lifts and/or implants. Peter Fisher

ETA: I havent' contacted him and don't know anything about prices, etc, sorry. I'm just planning waaaay ahead.

Edited by AliAqua

My opinion, when you get to goal, do consults with several surgeons. I learned alot from that process. Example, I thought because I have a large body frame (wide shoulders, big rib cage) I would look more proportional with big implants. It was the female surgeon who really convinced me to stay modest sized (actually all recommended that but she made the compelling argument). I am very pleased with my 240CC implants, people think I am busty but in a natural way. I thought about things like, what size jacket to I want to button up? I didn't lose all this weight to be an XL jacket just because of big implants on a big ribcage, ya know?

Anyway, go to realself.com, read reviews look at lots of picks. Be careful of docs who cherry pick and only show a handful of pix of their best work. Surgeons I consulted with had literally decades worth of before and after.

My number one recommendation tho is to focus on getting trim and fit and worry about boobs later!

My opinion, when you get to goal, do consults with several surgeons. I learned alot from that process. Example, I thought because I have a large body frame (wide shoulders, big rib cage) I would look more proportional with big implants. It was the female surgeon who really convinced me to stay modest sized (actually all recommended that but she made the compelling argument). I am very pleased with my 240CC implants, people think I am busty but in a natural way. I thought about things like, what size jacket to I want to button up? I didn't lose all this weight to be an XL jacket just because of big implants on a big ribcage, ya know?

Anyway, go to realself.com, read reviews look at lots of picks. Be careful of docs who cherry pick and only show a handful of pix of their best work. Surgeons I consulted with had literally decades worth of before and after.

My number one recommendation tho is to focus on getting trim and fit and worry about boobs later!

Totally agree and I am focused on getting in shape.

They just look so sad every morning in the mirror, hanging there like worn out tube socks, I can't help but want better for them. I have lots of research in my future. Thanks for the input.

Lol, sorry. Didn't mean to add any confusion.

I was instructed to make a "wish book". Pics of boobs I wanted. Yah...awkwaaaard. There's more to this than cup size. Who knew? :-) All C's are not created equal :-)

Realself.com is a good resource.

I was lucky enough (and I guess my breasts looked pathetic enough) to have my breast lift covered by insurance. So I requested a D cup, and he said he may be able to do it. Im a 34 band. My surgery was Friday and I'm still all wrapped up, so time will tell. If I'm not happy with the outcome, my surgeon said putting in implants would be an easy and minor fix. Plus, I'm looking at 50, and have zero plans to be a stripper, so I'm not looking at perfection ????

OK ladies!!! I'm here to give you all hope!!!! Mine were not only like party balloons (a week AFTER the party!) but for some reason one was twice the size of the other when I reached my goal weight. I thought I would have to have implants (which I didn't want) to get them to look right, but I went to 3 different doctors...the one I chose said, "WE HAVE ENOUGH MATERIAL TO WORK WITH HERE!" I loved him for that, and now at age 62 I have fabulous breasts! Not big but a nice good size B or small C. I love not wearing a bra and they are the best part of my body. One night in the hospital, easy recovery and now, after 2 years, no scars. They removed 150 grams of tissue from one and 9 from the other! So get it done, you will not be sorry!!!!

I am 38 years old, and two years ago, when I was 25 pounds lighter than today's weight I had a breast lift and my implants replaced. I had old saline implants from my twenties, and I was sagging from nursing my daughter, etc. I spent about $12K for this, and am very happy with the results. I found than taking old stockings, and adding rice to them to "try on" the size implants worked very well. Your surgeon will give you an opinion, but this was very helpful to me.

I just had the sleeve in Mexico, and am 4 weeks post op. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to mexico if I needed another procedure.

The breast surgery was WAY more painful, and I took way longer to go back to work.