Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Embrace the stall" they say ...

Well, embrace THIS! ARGH!!!!!!!

Longest stall in my 8 months since surgery ... one lb down, one lb up. Been playing this game for weeks and it is getting OLD!! Speaking of old, my b-day is next week and had really wanted to treat myself to some new jeans but doesn't look like that is going to happen. :(

I increase my Fluid intake and the scale goes up. I increase my exercise and I drop 1 lb. Increase my lean Protein and the scale doesn't even move. I think my scale is going to meet an untimely demise pretty soon. Frustration has set in and is doing nothing to help my overactive imagination. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ok. Rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled program ....

Edited by WorkinOnMe

I hear ya. I have embraced several stalls, but that one that lasted six months was like hugging a porcupine while sitting on a cactus.

I feel you! In my 8th and 9th months post-op, my weight loss was at a crawl and it was VERY VERY hard to remain sane and calm and stick to the plan when it really seemed like the plan wasn't working anymore! You just have to keep pushing through it, as much as it SUCKS.

I hear ha too! I swear I am the queen of the stalls. My longest was 28 days and that one I had to put my scale away for awhile. I am thankful I have not gone months like some do.

The closer you get to goal, the more frequently and longer you stall. I have learned for me that making adjustments does no good.

Simply following the plan and riding it out will result in loss down the road.

Hang in there!

@@WorkinOnMe - I am hugging a porcupine while sitting on a cactus....darn stall...you are not alone (ouch!)

My weight loss has slowed considerably...I have heard the last 20-30 lbs can be the hardest.

Just weighed myself on my weekly visit onto my scales. Stuck-again.....grrrrrrrrrrrr. I have been in a long, drawn out stall for about a month ad the odd lb has gone but that's it. My shape though has changed drastically and all my jeans are too big as I'm down two sizes since my surgery 21 Oct '15. I started off with a fairly low BMI (35.9) so I'm more than aware that I'm not going to have huge losses in a short space of time. I'm down 35lbs since surgery date, I'm walking 3-5 miles a day, I'm sticking to the healthiest diet ever with Protein and Water being consumed in the correct quantities. I feel WONDERFUL. I'm on the second part of my weight loss journey to lose the next 30-40 lbs so was really pleased to read above that the last 20-30lbs can be a challenge. I am loving this journey and loving the comments from friends about how good I'm looking. I'm embracing my stall but I still want to SCREAM at my scales and tell them to MOVE!!!!!!!!

Just weighed myself on my weekly visit onto my scales. Stuck-again.....grrrrrrrrrrrr. I have been in a long, drawn out stall for about a month ad the odd lb has gone but that's it. My shape though has changed drastically and all my jeans are too big as I'm down two sizes since my surgery 21 Oct '15. I started off with a fairly low BMI (35.9) so I'm more than aware that I'm not going to have huge losses in a short space of time. I'm down 35lbs since surgery date, I'm walking 3-5 miles a day, I'm sticking to the healthiest diet ever with Protein and Water being consumed in the correct quantities. I feel WONDERFUL. I'm on the second part of my weight loss journey to lose the next 30-40 lbs so was really pleased to read above that the last 20-30lbs can be a challenge. I am loving this journey and loving the comments from friends about how good I'm looking. I'm embracing my stall but I still want to SCREAM at my scales and tell them to MOVE!!!!!!!!

It sounds like everything is going right. Does the number on the scale matter as much as feeling great, eating right, and being active? You are living a whole new life and that is what is going to matter long term.

This is my first stall since surgery so I am not freaking out, since everyone has warned me. Sucks because I'm 2 pounds away from being under the 200 mark for the first time in 20 years.

I shall take hugging the porcupine and setting on the cactus, knowing this too shall pass...... It sucks but it will pass.

:angry:

Edited by GibbsGirl

I totally feel you! The scale *FINALLY* moved today after nearly 5 weeks on a stall. It is hard, but I just keep telling myself my body is adjusting. Maybe someday my head will listen!

I so.angry and frustrated as well this March 17th will be my 1 year anniversary and wanted to lose 140 lbs, so far only down 67, any help or suggestions please tell me

I so.angry and frustrated as well this March 17th will be my 1 year anniversary and wanted to lose 140 lbs, so far only down 67, any help or suggestions please tell me

Without more detail it is hard to give suggestions.

Are you still following your program?

What is your Protein target?

Are you tracking your food?

Are you getting in all of your Protein every day?

Are you getting at least 64 oz of Fluid a day?

Are you avoiding starches and added sugars?

Are you avoiding fried foods?

Are you avoiding carbonation?

Are you avoiding alcohol?

Are you eating slowly and mindfully?

Are you taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed?

Are you exercising? How much? How often?

Have you talked to your NUT about your goals and your progress?

Are your goals realistic?

Just saying you wanted to lose X amount but ONLY list Y amount doesn't tell me anything.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall