Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

1 month 3 days. Spent the last 2 weeks on a doctor mandated rest. Evidently I've been up doing to much. ARGH. Today I get to start walking again. I'm suppose to only walk a quarter mile. But I'm feeling really well and am finally able to take in soft foods. My gas is virtually gone and the xiphoid process bruising is healed. My energy is starting to come back as well. I'm seriously thinking about walking 1/4 mile in the am, resting, then trying a 1/4 mile this afternoon. We shall see.

My swelling is actually starting to go down. My pants are getting looser and my shirts are looser as well. I just wish I could see a bit a difference. But it's coming I'm sure.

2 months and 3 days. I'm back up and moving. Walking my 2 miles a day. Started a Fitbit FB group and a lot of us have friended each other on Fitbit. We now do daily goal challenges and keep each other motivated. It not only keeps a positive attitude but also causes you do own up to how much or little you move. Mostly it's just support lol.

I've gone from HW 304 to CW 252. Wow that's the first time I've seen that in black and white. That HW is really high. So glad I've made the change. I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 18. Feeling good about my progress thus far but honestly it makes me crave more. Exercise can be addictive. I never thought I would say that.

As to food argh it has been a journey thus far. So I progressed to solids and things were going ok for a while. I had issues with fats. If there are to many fats I puke and feel sick. But still things were going well I just avoided as much fat as I could. Then suddenly things changed. There was no trigger just a sudden change. I went from no problems to all kinds of problems. I got sick off of anything that had any kind of crunch, dry meat, somewhat moist meat, or really just any food that wasn't at least a little soft of moist. Basically my food had to be soft and lubed. My calorie count dropped to low as did my Proteins. I made the decision to go back to soft foods. Or at least over cooked foods lol. I can also do well with Soups and stews. We will see what happens in the future. Only time will tell what my body decides what it needs and wants.

See you next month!

3 months 11 days. Feel better now than I did a month ago. food seems to be getting easier to hold down. The importance of chewing can not be overlooked. Eating slowly is extremely important. The more I chew the better I hold things down. So now I can eat meat again! The only things I have issue with now is things high in fat or scrambled eggs. Over easy eggs and soft boiled go down just fine.

HW 304 CW 232. 72 pounds down. 86 pounds to go.

Had to quit walking for a bit. But after orthotics I can now start walking again. Walked 2 miles today for the first time is almost 3 weeks. It's a lot warmer now outside than it was 3 weeks ago lol. Sweated my booty off............I hope! My 16's are now loose on me. I'll have to get new paints/capris soon. Kinda putting it off. I've got fat girl syndrome again. My bra size has gone from a 42/44 G to a 38G. But lately no matter how loose my clothes get or what size bra I'm in now I am in fat girl mode. I look in the mirror and see fat face. Fat butt. Fat gut. Fat legs. You get the idea. The important thing is I know it's in my head. While I'm not thin I'm not as fat as I was. I know mentally I'm making myself bigger than I was before the journey. Regardless I keep seeing it. I am just going to keep telling myself you can't argue that the clothes are getting bigger ergo you must be getting smaller. I won't give up. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and I refuse to allow my mind to sabotage my body. It almost feels as though I'm waging war on myself. My new self must fight my old self and not allow self sabotage to win out. Just one more speed bump along this journey to over come. They said the journey would not be easy. They were NOT joking. Allowing myself to feel like a failure is not allowable. If I was a failure I would not be losing weight. I would not have more energy. My clothes wouldn't be getting looser. The fat girl inside me will not win this game.

See you next month. Just remember take it one battle at a time.

@@RaptorWitch Great loss! Congrats!

Thanks!

10 months post op and loving my new life!

post-259359-0-66205300-1482680412_thumb.jpg

You look amazing! Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You look amazing! Congratulations!!Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you