Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy Complications.

I was officially a year out from VSG when I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant with my third back in September and 100lbs down.

My pregnancy starting weight was 155 and I'm now standing at 165 and 22 weeks pregnant.

With my first pregnancy (Pre-vsg) I was around 190 and ballooned up to 235 by the end when she was born at 35 weeks due to high blood pressure and preeclampsia, I dealt with those issues throughout the whole pregnancy. With the second I was 250lbs, High blood pressure and lost the baby at 12 weeks. Going into this one being the lowest weight I've ever been and feeling great I just automatically assumed this would be a breeze and pregnancy would be fun this time around. I'll be honest it pretty much has been exactly how I envisioned it (A delight) up until the beginning of this month when I went for my 20 week anatomy scan where I found out I have Placenta Prevaria and also a 2-vessled cord (most have 3) so there's possible complications to both and it has me feeling really bummed out about myself and my body. I don't understand how I could lose 100lbs, be the healthiest I've ever been and still my body is failing me in an area where so many other people succeed (Some without even trying). So I guess I'm really just here to vent and looking for support of some sort as I don't really know how to process my feeling's right now and it's hard to not hate my body with this current situation I've been handed. We tried for so long to have another baby after the loss and it took 3 years going through PCOS and Dr's, Finally breaking down and having surgery, Loosing 100lbs and I just feel conflicted all of a sudden like maybe I'm just not meant to have another, My body obviously can't deal with it.

post-215386-0-27999900-1452812514_thumb.jpg

First, congratulations for your little nugget.

I had placenta previa when my oldest daughter was born at 26 weeks gestation. She was 13 3/4 inches long and weighed 2 pounds two ounces. This was back in 1976 when Neonatology was a fairly new science.

I felt like part of an experiment because I was. Just before I got rushed to the OR, they asked if I would accept an experimental injection (Betamethasone) that would mature the baby's lungs. She only had a 10% chance of living without it and they were about to lose me from hemorraghing. So, I said Ok, then off I went for a c-section.

I ended up with a humongeous bruise on my hip, but it was worth it. She breathed on her own from the start. her weight dropped to 1 pound 10 ounces and then she began to gain weight properly. She was born with no problems with her vision, or muscles, bones, development - any of that.

They let me bring her home at 3 pounds 9 1/2 ounces. I was scared to death but was not going to say no. They said she was just laying there growing, so it was OK even though that hospital had not released any baby under five pounds prior to that. She got the nickname of "The Champ".

What is encouraging for you is that she just celebrated her 40th birthday in good health. She has a Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy, so definitely there were no cognitive problems either.

Hopefully you can hang in there a few more weeks. If the doc says lay down then lay down. If they want to give you that steroid, let them. I have already tested it for you.

Web MD has a good explanation of how an incompetent cervix can be treated.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/cervical-cerclage-to-prevent-preterm-delivery

Please keep in touch. Feel welcome to send me a private message and I will encourage you in any way that I can. Here's some love and hugs from Chicago.

@@Miss Mac

Thanks for the encouragement!,

I'm happy to hear that you & your daughter made out well and your both thriving all these years later :)

I guess I'm not so much worried about the PP as I am the 2vc since that come's with a whole new set of complications to the point where they have me going to a Fetal Cardiologist at the end of this month, Scares the shit out of me just to think about it. Having both together is really stressful and scary..

When I went to the Ob's tonight she pretty much scolded me for having intercourse with PP, When I went for the Anatomy scan where they told me I had it that was it..I was never told I couldn't do certain thing's, they didn't send me home with a book or anything. So that's just grand.

Yeah, you gotta tell your main man to tie it in a knot for a while. You're going to have to go into Plan B to satisfy the need for nookie.

@@Miss Mac

I've been told I'm not even aloud to go to Plan B.

No Intercourse, No Orgasms, No Nipple Stimulation (Which is hard to do since even putting on my shirt stimulates them lol), No walking for long periods of time, No traveling long distances, No lifting anything over 10lbs.

Might as well lock myself in a chastity belt and put myself on bed rest at this point..

Edited by HalloweenBaby24

I am guessing that the doctor thinks that an orgasm would cause contractions somewhere in the route from the nice warm baby nest to the cold cruel world......? That stinks, but that baby is the boss of you now.

So sorry for the loss of your second baby. Praying for the health of you and your new sweetie-to-be!!