Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any validity for multiple fitbit units ?

I decided to track my activity a month or so prior to my sleeve surgery. The results were telling......and motivated me to get to stepping !

I have a Fitbit ONE on my keychain.

I chose this because we can't wear watches/wristbands/etc at my job due to safety rules & regs. Very archaic rule....but it is what it is.

The ONE in my pocket does a great job of tracking things for me......so long as I have my keychain with me.

I don't always have it on me, though.

I also think some of the other metrics such as sleep activity would be interesting to track and am considering adding one of their wristband models. I'd wear it all the time except for work.

Will dual units like this work in conjunction with each other or will I get skewed measurements ????????

Something I read said they would do their best to take an average of the two readings...thinking that you probably were wearing both by mistake. It's not particularly helpful if you carry one around briefly in a bag and get like 500 steps but you have 10K in the real one you were wearing. It averages you right at 5250 in that case. I think multiple fitbits are nothing but trouble, and funny you should post this today, I am handing one over to my mom today.

On a related note, were either of yours given to you by someone else? If so, did you have trouble registering it to your own account?

They updated the phone app a few months ago to support multiple trackers. I use my fitbit at night to track my sleep and I wear my smart watch during the day.

Something I read said they would do their best to take an average of the two readings...thinking that you probably were wearing both by mistake. It's not particularly helpful if you carry one around briefly in a bag and get like 500 steps but you have 10K in the real one you were wearing. It averages you right at 5250 in that case. I think multiple fitbits are nothing but trouble, and funny you should post this today, I am handing one over to my mom today.

On a related note, were either of yours given to you by someone else? If so, did you have trouble registering it to your own account?

I just have the ONE that I bought. It programmed easy and had no problems setting up the iPhone app for it.

I'm considering adding the wristband model.....not sure which one, but only if they will play well with each other.

They updated the phone app a few months ago to support multiple trackers. I use my fitbit at night to track my sleep and I wear my smart watch during the day.

iPhone ????

fingers crossed.........

You can track your sleep with the ONE.

It should've come with a wrist strap... unless they don't anymore..?

And why not wear your fitbit ONE attached to the rim of your pants? Or attached to the inside of a pocket?

This way you will be wearing it at all times.

If you do a lot of walking at work, (which I think I remember you saying you do) then it would be interesting to see how much walking you do during your shift.

You can track your sleep with the ONE.

It should've come with a wrist strap... unless they don't anymore..?

And why not wear your fitbit ONE attached to the rim of your pants? Or attached to the inside of a pocket?

This way you will be wearing it at all times.

If you do a lot of walking at work, (which I think I remember you saying you do) then it would be interesting to see how much walking you do during your shift.

Howdy there.

Yup....it came with some type of nighttime strap. I'll have to see how it is triggered that you are sleeping.

My fear is that if I take it off my keychain then I'd lose it in ten minutes. I'm a goof that way.

It generally is in my pocket at work....getting 10K there. I'll check it once I get to my car after work.....grab my iPhone and walk laps in the large parking lot while I check messages, emails and make calls. Great way to wind down and it feels good to see that thing light up green at the 10k mark.

Looks like fitbit has a new watch-type device coming out in March. Looks intriguing.

I love my fitbit. I have the Charge HR. I push a cart alot at work and I didnt think it was picking up my steps complety because of it. I will put it in my pocket if my slacks have pockets or I will use a rubber band and attach it to my akle some days just to see the difference. Its still counting steps and pulse and all that on my ankle and in my pocket so I dont know if one is right or wrong, but thats just what Ive done.

Dear Goof:

To use your ONE to track sleep you hold down the little button until it's timing. Turn it on when you lay down for the night and turn it off (the same way) when you're ready to get out of bed the next morning

:)

Rise and shine!!

Yours truly,

Bo Beather

P.S. I wore my ONE clipped to my ???? or ???? (closest I could get to a BRA lol) for 2.5 years straight without it ever falling off.... just a little FYI for your goofy self. ☺

iPhone ????

fingers crossed.........

All the apps and the website. They know people have more than one device and they want them to work together. For example I have a flex, I like it because I can change the bands for it and wear it with evening wear even, because i have some high end jewelry Bracelet holder for it. I was going to get one of the more advanced Fitbits like the Charge HR or the Surge for serious workouts, but there are so new wearables out, and more coming this spring so I think I am breaking up with fitbit except for sleep tracking, which isn't as important to me now . I got a smart watch because it has more utility, I can leave the house and leave my phone behind and still get emails, texts and calls. I can play music from my watch etc.

I think my next fitness wearable might be... https://www.atlaswearables.com/

just as a thought i use the misfit shine, the best part about it is you can adhere it to an ankle or set it and put it on your shoe etc. or wear it on a necklace its very hard to notice and works well.

just as a thought i use the misfit shine, the best part about it is you can adhere it to an ankle or set it and put it on your shoe etc. or wear it on a necklace its very hard to notice and works well.

Man...that is versatile right there !!!

I'm saying with fitbit though as I have an awesome friend base there. They inspire my passion to get get fit.

Dear Goof:

To use your ONE to track sleep you hold down the little button until it's timing. Turn it on when you lay down for the night and turn it off (the same way) when you're ready to get out of bed the next morning

:)

Rise and shine!!

Yours truly,

Bo Beather

P.S. I wore my ONE clipped to my or (closest I could get to a BRA lol) for 2.5 years straight without it ever falling off.... just a little FYI for your goofy self. ☺

See there Bo Banna.......you just aren't as jiggly as I am. Stuff stays where it's supposed to. You have that hardbody thing going on.

Me? I'm bad. Supper Jiggly Bad.

Too much bounce and wiggle.

I'm always losing stuff, too.

For instance, I just lost a really nice pocket knife and I'm steaming over that.

Wait a minute......you said you hooked yours in a bra.

Hhmmmnnnnnnnn..........I may need to get over to the mall.......stroll into Victoria's Secret and get fitted for one, too.