Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One morning I woke up with a real bad pain on both my middle toes and my heal. I thought the pain was from my shoes so I stopped wearing those. But every day the pain is getting worse :/ it's a burning pain on my toes and top of my feet amd ankles. I was reading up on the Internet that it's common with weight loss surgery.. anyone else have this problem? Going to get checked tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Oh that stinks. Had it pre-op and would not wish it on anyone. Dehydration was my major trigger and you might want to watch that. Just out of curiosity, do you smoke? It was worse for me when I did. Talk to doctor about meds to reduce the acid, but remember to let them know about your sleeve. They will want to do Motrin like drugs (NSAID's) which will be rough on your stomach.

Honestly, yes I just recently started smoking again. Which I know I shouldn't be.. Hopefully I can get meds tomorrow cause this pain is no joke.

I got gout within a month of the sleeve. I do not smoke. I suffered terribly five months, walked with a cane and cried. I was put on the deadly Cocktail of gout meds which hospitalized me. I met with a compound pharmacist who cured me in three days. Eat lots of celery, eat veggies for two weeks, take a combo of capsules of celery seed and tart cherry cap let's or buy the liquid tart cherry juice. Use Tumeric as a condiment like salt and pepper, it is a natural pain and joint healer. It has now been 2 years and no further problems.

wow 5 months, that's a long time for such horrible pain. I'm glad you are doing better. Thank you so much. I am going to the Dr today just to make sure that it is gout. As of now I'm just comparing my symptoms to the internet.

I have had gout in my big toe and my ankle. The one on my ankle was terrible. I think it was more painful than my sleeve surgery. I have never heard of anybody getting it on their middle toe.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

It's gone now thankfully... I had it a few months before surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches