Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Distance Running

So last year I may have said "never again" but like childbirth pain, apparently you forget marathon pain! I signed up for my second for Memorial Day weekend. Same one I ran last year--my sister talked me into it. It will be her first (she's lost 80lbs without surgery and kept it off over 5 years!) and I will earn my "s." (As I "I run marathonS" lol).

Any other distance runners currently training for a race? I have a few half marathons and ragnars on the way to May 28th and then the main event. Would love to swap stories!

I have the Hollywood half marathon and the tinkerbell half marathon in April and May respectively. I always say I'm never ever going to run a full marathon but then I think to myself that never is a very long time. Right now, I really like the half marathon distance

This is the year for me to up my distance. I did my first 5K in November, one in December and I have the Star Wars 5K this Friday. 10K is my next goal and I want to sign up for either the Avengers, Star Wars, or Tinker Bell half when registration opens later this year.

Check out Dan Bernandi I think is his name? He got into triathlons and the like once he got the bypass. I swear I'm still figuring out how that dude can get down that many calories unless he's doing major drinking.

Id give my left you no what to be able to run a half marathon, let alone any running at all !! Due to a permanent collapsed arch , this beginning runner was told to stop running, or down the road face possible surgery. (Whimper !! Sniff !! Waaaaaah !) God, do I miss it !!! It was my sanity saver !! So all I can say is take this incredible gift of running that you have , and enjoy every minute of it, because you never know when t will

Sorry, meant to say "you never know when it will be taken away !"" Good luck to all of you !! Have fun !!!

I have the Hollywood half marathon and the tinkerbell half marathon in April and May respectively. I always say I'm never ever going to run a full marathon but then I think to myself that never is a very long time. Right now, I really like the half marathon distance

Yeah that's what I said too, LOL! Just wait! The half is still my favorite distance. Have you done another Disney? They are so much fun! I'm jealous! I thought about the Hollywood half last year but it didn't make the cut. You'll have to let me know how it goes and if I should add it to my 2017 calendar!

This is the year for me to up my distance. I did my first 5K in November, one in December and I have the Star Wars 5K this Friday. 10K is my next goal and I want to sign up for either the Avengers, Star Wars, or Tinker Bell half when registration opens later this year.

Have fun this weekend!!! I love the Disney races! Good luck with adding distance this year!

Check out Dan Bernandi I think is his name? He got into triathlons and the like once he got the bypass. I swear I'm still figuring out how that dude can get down that many calories unless he's doing major drinking.

I will look him up! How are your tri's going? I've done a few sprints but need a road bike before I do any more, my mountain bike just isn't cutting it! Biking is NOT my strong suit.

Id give my left you no what to be able to run a half marathon, let alone any running at all !! Due to a permanent collapsed arch , this beginning runner was told to stop running, or down the road face possible surgery. (Whimper !! Sniff !! Waaaaaah !) God, do I miss it !!! It was my sanity saver !! So all I can say is take this incredible gift of running that you have , and enjoy every minute of it, because you never know when t will

Dang, I'm sorry! They aren't able to get you fitted for inserts or anything to help? That's awful!

I was able to get fitred for specially made orthotics by a foot Dr., but he said if I continued to run the arch would weaken even more and I would be possibly looking at surgery when im older. ( Im 57 now ) He said the problem was that by the time I needed surgery (10 years or more ) I might be too old to recover well and so surgery might not be an option at all ! (Double waaaaah !!!) I may see him again this spring to have Fluid removed and discuss the situation again. Not only do I miss the physical aspects of running, but I had very proudly started identifying myself as a runner, and suddenly , not any more !! Big disappointment and shock !! So we shall see what this spring brings !! Good luck to all !!!!

@@jess9395 For right now that is on hiatus. I'm patient. :)

I hope you get to be back soon!

I was able to get fitred for specially made orthotics by a foot Dr., but he said if I continued to run the arch would weaken even more and I would be possibly looking at surgery when im older. ( Im 57 now ) He said the problem was that by the time I needed surgery (10 years or more ) I might be too old to recover well and so surgery might not be an option at all ! (Double waaaaah !!!) I may see him again this spring to have Fluid removed and discuss the situation again. Not only do I miss the physical aspects of running, but I had very proudly started identifying myself as a runner, and suddenly , not any more !! Big disappointment and shock !! So we shall see what this spring brings !! Good luck to all !!!!

dang! Hang in there!