Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any actual stats or research on Genepro protein?

Ive also been using it regularly now as well. Haven't had labs yet. Interested in that if anyone has had them done

GNC sells it, I've also ordered it from Amazon I've been using it since I found it in April of this year!

Do you count it as 15 or 30 grams toward your daily Protein goal? I would be so hesitant to count it as 30 with no third party studies backing up their claims. Would suck to only be getting half as much Protein as I think I am.

Been using it for since it's release (lapband since 2009). I rarely ate any meat due to issues being too tight, and I got stuck a lot (just recently had a band to sleeve revision). Blood test taken 8/24/16, Results for my Protein were perfect.: My albumin lvl was 4.4 gm/dL (reference range is 3.5-5.2) and my Protein total was 7.7 gm/dL (reference range 6.4-8.3).

If you read all the literature the total Protein is based on the absorption calculations. The absorption is equivalent to 30 grams of Protein. If you go to the manufacturer's site:

shopmusclegen.com

it will explain the science behind the product.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If you read all the literature the total Protein is based on the absorption calculations. The absorption is equivalent to 30 grams of Protein. If you go to the manufacturer's site:

shopmusclegen.com

it will explain the science behind the product.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Anyone can make any claim they want on the internet. Until there are independent studies confirming their "science" I don't know that I'd want to run the risk of only getting half the protein I think I'm getting.

I'm not sure any of the Protein drinks have science behind them.......and even if they do we all know any "independant study" can be manipulated to look like whatever "they" are trying to prove. What I do know is a tablespoon of unflavored Protein powder is something I can swallow. That's better than no Protein since I (and many others) can't seem to get any of the protein drinks/powders/bars down. I just received my GENEPRO and will begin today. If I feel better and my blood work is good I'll continue to use it. If not, I won't. If you're able to ingest the other protein products then congratulations.......I certainly wish I could. We all have to do what works for us as individuals.

I'm not sure any of the Protein drinks have science behind them.......and even if they do we all know any "independant study" can be manipulated to look like whatever "they" are trying to prove. What I do know is a tablespoon of unflavored Protein Powder is something I can swallow. That's better than no Protein since I (and many others) can't seem to get any of the protein drinks/powders/bars down. I just received my GENEPRO and will begin today. If I feel better and my blood work is good I'll continue to use it. If not, I won't. If you're able to ingest the other protein products then congratulations.......I certainly wish I could. We all have to do what works for us as individuals.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly that it's better than no protein at all! I'm not arguing that at all. I am just saying that I would be cautious when counting it as "30 grams" of protein towards my daily protein goals. I would err on the side of counting it as 15 grams and getting more than I need rather than counting it as 30 and only getting half what I need.

I'm not sure any of the Protein drinks have science behind them.......

Most of them have simple scientific claims that do not defy physics as we know it. If someone claims that 30 grams has 30 grams of Protein, there is little reason to doubt them. Claiming 15 grams has 30 grams of protein does not seem possible or logical.

I don't understand why this is still a debate here. I seriously think the site has been infiltrated by some shills for the company. This wouldn't be the first time they have pulled that on a forum to sell their "scientific" break through.