Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January or February 2016 Sleevers?

Welp, the monthly support forum has not been updated for 2016. I know there's a thread somewhere for December & January sleevers, but thought I'd include you January peeps in honor of the upcoming year. Share your dates, doctor/nut/psych visits, tests, hopes, and whatever else you want to share pertaining to your surgery. Feel free to offer encouragement and cheerleading as warranted. Maybe everyone can link up with some sleeve buddies!

I'll start. I have 100 to 130 pounds to lose (no goal set yet). My sleeve was supposed to be in January. Instead, my husband needs to go out of the country on business in the middle of the month and can't guarantee he'll be back, so I'll probably be sleeved in February. It's frustrating to me because my insurance requires 6 months supervised diet. I finished that the week before Thanksgiving (U.S.) I'm scheduled to attend the final "class" they require all patients to take on Dec. 17. My endoscopy is Jan. 13. I could easily have made it in December, but hubby didn't want me restricted over the Holidays. (I had thyroid surgery with complications last year just before Christmas, so I understand how he feels.) Still, you can imagine my frustration now that my surgery needs to be pushed back again!

Who's next?

*Mods please move this to the appropriate forum when you update the support groups.

Happy Holidays! I have completed all my requirements now, even beat the weight loss needed by one pound, so I'm just waiting to get an appointment with the surgeon to set up my date. Since he has so many already booked in January I heard, I'm probably looking at late January or early February. I'm excited, and nervous, but anxious to get it over with and begin my weight loss journey as well as my new life as a bariatric sleever!

My surgery is the 12th of jan 2016. my dad had the surgery a year ago and was told he had to lose 5kg before it, i have the same surgeon but was only told to go on Optifast for 2 weeks pre op. im nervous but excited at the same time. im curious to see who you guys are telling. ill be living out of home 3-4 weeks post op as thats when i start university so its going to be hard to settle into a share house without them knowing? i also have 2 good friends moving down aswell and i dont know whether to tell them or not. i just think itll be hard to explain why im only eating soft foods you know?

I finished my 6 month of stuff and got approved to finally have a consult with the surgeon... I have my appt on Dec 18th... So hopefully I can get the surgery in January

I have only told my better half (of course, since he will be my nurse at home), my 2 adult children, a cousin, and 3 very close friends of mine. Not sure afterward if I will tell or not. I guess it depends on the person and how judgmental I think they will be. Most know I have been dieting and lost 31 lbs already. They just don't know it is for the surgery. I'm sure in social situations I will have to come up with a reason why I am only eating a cup of food. Most of my coworkers and friends know I have a hearty appetite! LOL Best wishes to all of you on your upcoming surgeries!

My surgery is the 12th of jan 2016. my dad had the surgery a year ago and was told he had to lose 5kg before it, i have the same surgeon but was only told to go on Optifast for 2 weeks pre op. im nervous but excited at the same time. im curious to see who you guys are telling. ill be living out of home 3-4 weeks post op as thats when i start university so its going to be hard to settle into a share house without them knowing? i also have 2 good friends moving down aswell and i dont know whether to tell them or not. i just think itll be hard to explain why im only eating soft foods you know?

I finished my 6 months Nov 23rd. I have lost another 35 pounds during the 6 months supervised diet for a total loss of 180 pounds before surgery. I have everything done but the PCP medical clearance and medically necessary and another blood work up to do. I thought all this was going to be done yesterday but the PCP office messed up by telling me he was going to be in and he wasn't. . My paperwork from the WL surgeon was submitted the Monday before Thanksgiving. It is the PCP that is holding things up as I still do not have a surgery date. I have another 162 pounds to lose with the surgery which hopefully will be in Jan.

I started a blog in 2008 when I was trying to get the lap band but the insurance at that time wouldn't pay for refills so I didn't have the surgery. I continued with the blog again this June. Please read and leave a comment if your interested in following my long journey to walk again. I like the idea of this thread as we can support each other during our surgery and recovery.

Scheduled for Jan 4!! Waiting on final approval. I start my pre-op liquid diet on Dec 21st after a long 7 months of classes, tests and Drs appointments.

I started the journey in August, and only had to have nutritional class, psych eval, pap, endoscopy and esophageal motility. I had all appointments taken care of in Sept then had to wait for Nov 25 for the gastrologist appts. So finally I had the esophageal mobility 2 weeks ago and that was horrible..lol and after calling every day to find out if there was any cancelations I got an appt for 12/22 for the endoscopy! After that it's just the insurance and surgery!! I just hope that since it took me 2 months to get an apt with the sleeve Dr it won't take that long for the surgery date...