Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico plastic surgery, costs, recommendations

Anyone have any experience with getting wls plastic surgery done in Mexico? Where, how much for each procedure or package, any pics etc.... We are 13 months lost surgery and are starting to look at options for myself and wife.

Thx

I had plastics in Mexico BEFORE I was sleeved. I had lost 90 pounds "on my own" back in 2010/2011 and had plastics in August of 2011. I had an extended Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, breast lift with augmentation, all over Lipo, and fat grafting to my butt. All of that together, with a two week stay at a recovery house cost me about $10,500 (not including air fare). I am sure the costs have changed some in the past 4.5 years, but that will give you a rough idea at least.

I used Dra. Laura Carmina Cardenas, who was excellent. She took fantastic care of me. She came to check on me every single day in the recovery house and corresponded with my PCP for my follow-up care once I was back in the US. I was very pleased with my results. My tummy tuck even held up through my 80 pounds weight re-gain, before I was sleeved and has held up well through my re-loss as well. My stomach is still tight and flat and I feel amazing. I can send you pics of my scars if you PM me. You can see general pics of me in my gallery.

My lipo and fat grafting obviously didn't hold up through my 80+ pound regain and re-loss, but the tummy tuck looks great still.

I do plan to go back and have a thigh lift and possibly some new lipo/fat grafting done within the next year or two, now that I am sleeved and at goal.

The recovery house I stayed at was called Beauty Care Recovery House. They had 24/7 nurses on staff who did literally everything for me. In the early days they even showered me and helped my use the toilet! They provided all of my meals to my specifications (gave them a HUGE list of foods I wouldn't eat). They took fantastic care of me and I never for one moment felt like I needed to fend for myself. They even took me to the beach one day towards the end of my stay. Oh, they also provided me with slippers and robes to wear during my entire stay, so I hardly had to bring any of my own clothes.

I went to Tijuana, Mezico twice. The first time I had a lower body lift and a breast lift. The second time I had a thigh lift an a arm lift. Dr. Victor Gutierrez was my plastic surgeon and I absolutely am still amazed at my transformation.